Is that you?

Guest d-vder

Guest d-vder

OK, so this is an idea I had from one thread discussing scousers pictured in the Shed End amongst Chelsea fans, and a game I play with my wife and son: spot the D-vder boys in MOTD/Sky Sports recording after we've been to a match.

I bet there's gotta be some excellent/funny pictures of Shed End members (or others?) in Chelsea match photo's/videos. Are you the one pulling a stupid face in the crowd behind Drogba? Are you the guy MOTD caught scratching his balls in the crowd? If so, post here.

Hope this works! :)

I'll kick things off with our one: fairly lame, but here's hoping you've got better.

gallery_4661_15_21219.jpg

post-4661-1255099396_thumb.jpg

Not sure if there's a still photo of it but me and my daughter Stacy are on an end of season CFC video. We were in the front row of the MHL when Manu Petit scored (possibly against Derby - memory a bit wonky on that) and came to celebrate right in front of us. We made MOD in the same shot too.

On another note Stacy is on pretty much every photo where the boys lifted the Premiership for the first time as she was in the front row of the Shed Upper on the side where the guys got the trophy. I can only make her out in the pics because I knew where she was sitting though.

I was on TV twice in the 70's. The first was having a ruck in the Clock End at Highbury, and the second was queuing up at Plough Lane for tickets for the Wimbledon v Leeds cup game to be played at Selhurst Park (and good fun was had by all at that game, apart from the Leeds fans of course) :laugh2:

Fortunately this was the end of my TV career, I'm pretty sure I didn't get caught on camera again.

I was on TV twice in the 70's. The first was having a ruck in the Clock End at Highbury, and the second was queuing up at Plough Lane for tickets for the Wimbledon v Leeds cup game to be played at Selhurst Park (and good fun was had by all at that game, apart from the Leeds fans of course) :laugh2:

Fortunately this was the end of my TV career, I'm pretty sure I didn't get caught on camera again.

I don't suppose footage of that ruck still exists Steve?

you would be screwed now then, cctv every bloody where.

I doubt it, they never show terrace fights on the TV anymore. I think it must have been on The Big Match, cos I remember watching it on a Sunday and being really surprised that they showed the ruck - it wasn't shown in close up or anything, just as well :D

Best ruck I ever saw on TV was Sheffield Wednesday v Leeds on a Wednesday evening in the early 70's, massive row on the Hillsborough Kop, went on for ages - and they just kept the cameras on it while making tut-tutting noises in the background.

you would be screwed now then, cctv every bloody where.

You're dead right there, though the police did have cameras in the grounds by the late 70's - they watched for any trouble and then directed their colleagues by radio to nick the culprits - dead sneaky :D

I'm a good boy now though :laugh2:

Guest d-vder
Not sure if there's a still photo of it but me and my daughter Stacy are on an end of season CFC video. We were in the front row of the MHL when Manu Petit scored (possibly against Derby - memory a bit wonky on that) and came to celebrate right in front of us. We made MOD in the same shot too.

On another note Stacy is on pretty much every photo where the boys lifted the Premiership for the first time as she was in the front row of the Shed Upper on the side where the guys got the trophy. I can only make her out in the pics because I knew where she was sitting though.

Cool.

This is gonna sound really weird, but...I was browsing on e-Bay today, looking for Chelsea programmes etc, when I noticed an item for sale on DVD. A copy of The Big Match from the 1973/74 season - featuring Arsenal v Chelsea as the main game! I'm not sure if this is the same game I mentioned, but there's a chance it may be. So, even though it's almost certainly a copy from video, I made a bid, and then it was confirmed that I'd won the DVD, so I paid up and now I'm going to have to wait to find out!

That's one hell of a weird coincidence - I hadn't given that Arsenal match a thought for years till I saw this thread, I really hope it's the same game, and of course I'll let you know as soon as I watch it! :P

That Wimbledon v Leeds cup game I mentioned earlier...

Wimbledon were only a Southern League team at the time (1974/75), but progressed to the 4th Round of the FA Cup. They got drawn away at Leeds, and somehow managed a draw at Elland Road. Plough Lane wasn't deemed big enough for the crowd expected for the replay, so the match was switched to the Crystal Palace ground, Selhurst Park. I queued for tickets for the game, along with thousands of others, and the queue for tickets was shown on the local news.

On the night of the game, thousands of Leeds fans arrived at the ground expecting to easily batter the non-league team fans...but they got a bit of a surprise. A big mob of Chelsea & Millwall got together and we waded straight in, Leeds ran everywhere. Outside the game afterwards was great, as the police clearly weren't expecting too much trouble, and Leeds got battered from all directions - a great night out! :P Only down side was Wimbledon lost 0-1.

You're dead right there, though the police did have cameras in the grounds by the late 70's - they watched for any trouble and then directed their colleagues by radio to nick the culprits - dead sneaky :P

Wasn't that early 70s Steve? I remember "camera-radio-nicked" at the Bridge around 71-72

This is gonna sound really weird, but...I was browsing on e-Bay today, looking for Chelsea programmes etc, when I noticed an item for sale on DVD. A copy of The Big Match from the 1973/74 season - featuring Arsenal v Chelsea as the main game! I'm not sure if this is the same game I mentioned, but there's a chance it may be. So, even though it's almost certainly a copy from video, I made a bid, and then it was confirmed that I'd won the DVD, so I paid up and now I'm going to have to wait to find out!

That's one hell of a weird coincidence - I hadn't given that Arsenal match a thought for years till I saw this thread, I really hope it's the same game, and of course I'll let you know as soon as I watch it! :P

Might want to exercise discretion before posting anything...they watch sites like this too...

i tried looking for it there but i couldn't find it...

i'm pretty sure i was on the start up video for tartan extra (think it was the start up video)

it's along the lines of your pic there vader, the camera just flashes past me so you couldn't really tell it was me. was in the front row at ibrox (think it was v hearts) and the keeper pulled off as fantastic save. i jumped up cause i thought it was a goal and the camera flashed past as i dangled over the wall in disappointment

Wasn't that early 70s Steve? I remember "camera-radio-nicked" at the Bridge around 71-72

Very possibly, Tim, you know how bad my memory is - could be to do with the vast quantities of beer consumed during that decade :P

Might want to exercise discretion before posting anything...they watch sites like this too...

I know what you mean, but it would be a pretty desperate copper who wanted to nick me for a minor punch up that took place over 35 years ago :P

I know what you mean, but it would be a pretty desperate copper who wanted to nick me for a minor punch up that took place over 35 years ago :P

Well they are a sad and sorry bunch these days....

I was on TV celebrating Zola's back heel flick against Norwich as I was sitting right behind the goal. I wasn't on for any length of time, just a panning camera. I only noticed it because I knew exactly where I was sitting and kept an eye out for it.

slightly off the original topic. My nan has often told me a story of how my grandad took her to the cinema when they were young, they used to show the news before the main feature and the big news item of the time was about how fighting had broken out at Highbury and how some young thug even punched a police man!!! Anyway they were showing footage of a handfull of these mindless thugs on the pitch when my nan quite clearly saw my grandad assult a policeman on the pitch. Nan up and left and apparently it took ages for him to be forgiven. That was way before the 70's when that sort of behaiour was expected.

Very possibly, Tim, you know how bad my memory is - could be to do with the vast quantities of beer consumed during that decade B)

Vague memory of games around November 5th and fireworks being chucked and the old bill always getting it right - as they had cameras zoomed in on the Shed.

I was on TV celebrating Zola's back heel flick against Norwich as I was sitting right behind the goal. I wasn't on for any length of time, just a panning camera. I only noticed it because I knew exactly where I was sitting and kept an eye out for it.

I'm never gonna watch that again

My father regularly told me he'd seen me at The Bridge on Grandstand when the cameras used to go round the grounds at half time. Also there was an Open University programme about hooliganism featuring Oxford v Chelsea. I was on that apparently. I've seen clips that didn't include me but did feature a couple of my mates.

One that was me but not on camera. Just the other week I was searching for something to do with Chelsea supporters, and came across a fans forum (South coast team), with a thread looking back to a friendly against us at their place, back in the '70s. This thread mentioned an "altercation at the railway station". What happened was that when we got off the train, some twat came steaming towards me, so I hit him. He raised his arms and I hit him again, knocked him spark out. Which led to a little scuffle with a few of this blokes mates. There wasn't much to it, they all ran off.

But yep, that was me.

My mate is a Pompey fan and he remembers a day in the 70s at a train station when he was trying to run away from a few wasps that kept swarming around his curly wurly - next thing he knew some nutter decked him!

Archived