Lampard injured

b00gamaster

Source

Frank Lampard is set to miss England's friendly with Brazil in Doha after sustaining a thigh injury while training, according to reports.

Lampard pulled out of a scheduled press conference this morning and, although the FA have not yet confirmed the injury, the Chelsea midfielder is now expected to fly home to London for treatment.

Fabio Capello, the England manager, is already without several of his established first-choice players, with Rio Ferdinand, Steven Gerrard and Ashley Cole all missing the trip to Qatar.

As a result Michael Carrick may be given a starting place in midfield against the No1-ranked team in the world.

While the seriousness of Lampard's injury is not yet known, the news will come as a blow to Chelsea's manager, Carlo Ancelotti, who yesterday learned that he will be without the right-back José Bosingwa for the next three months.

I think it'll be more to do with needing to be rested in the upcoming days ahead of a pretty hectic schedule. The last thing we need is him to go off and aggrivate this injury. Get some rest, and get back to full fitness for Chelsea

Total b****cks , he's been sent home to rest his thigh , nothing more , Lampard said it's just a precaution and is to see Chelsea Physio on Friday and says he dosent think its a serious knock . Where the f**k the Mirror picked up that from i have no idea.

I hope it is in fact nothing serious but once again it makes the whole idea of playing a pointless friendly in the middle of nowhere ridiculous. The clubs have a very busy schedule, the players are tired, I wish we could tell Capello and FA to stuff it and rest the lads.

I can understand the likes of Anelka, Malouda or Zhirkov representing their countries in the all important WC qualifiers in the next few days which will decide whether or not their countries will be among the world' best next summer in South Africa, but how do you justify the England's friendly in Quatar at this point of the season?

I hope it is in fact nothing serious but once again it makes the whole idea of playing a pointless friendly in the middle of nowhere ridiculous. The clubs have a very busy schedule, the players are tired, I wish we could tell Capello and FA to stuff it and rest the lads.

I can understand the likes of Anelka, Malouda or Zhirkov representing their countries in the all important WC qualifiers in the next few days which will decide whether or not their countries will be among the world' best next summer in South Africa, but how do you justify the England's friendly in Quatar at this point of the season?

You cant but as i understand it was part of the deal with Brazil when they agreed to be Englands first opponents at Wembley. They chose the venue, not the FA and there was very little the FA could do about it.

Bizarre reports this morning that the injury Lamps has got was caused by sitting in economy class on a short haul plane for a long haul trip. Apparantly the FA could only afford economy because they are not getting a lot of money for this friendly. Chelsea are within their rights to sue!

I read it in The Sun so its pinch of salt time, but you couldn't make it up really.

Fingers crossed for Lamps, i cant see it being 8 weeks though. Lets pray because no Lamps will surely mean Mikel and Mikel against Arsenals pace and movement makes me feel scared, very scared.

Edited by bjd

i would love to know where the papers got 8 weeks from, because ive just heard Ray Wilkins on the radio this morning saying he was seeing the clubs physio this morning and they would know the extent then. so how the papers actually know in advance of any tests is astonishing, they must be geniuses, or there just taking a wild guess and trying to stir sh*t as usual. i know which version i believe.