Lofty's Wall of Sound - What are you listening to?

I bought some discount CDs yesterday when I popped into my favourite local record store:

http://youtu.be/Hq-W-4Izjwc http://youtu.be/ALvc2ivuxeI

All four(Titus Andronicus: "The Airing of Grievances", Kate Bush: "Kick Inside", The Flaming Lips: "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots", and Brian Eno: "Ambient 1: Music for Airports") for about €25.

Wow, Humble Pie. What a great surprise! I love the Pie. Hands down the best concert I've ever seen. "I Don't Need No Doctor" was the closest I've ever come to an orgasm without, you know, actually having sex. A delirious high.

Never saw them live but I do know that they were highly underrated and often dismissed as nothing more than a hard rock band. While it's true that their repertoire included a fair few heavier/harder numbers, there was far more to the band.

Listen to the stuff from "Eat It" I posted above: "Say No More" is just beautiful, "Black Coffee" (this is the even better Whistle Test version) is simply dripping with soul, "Beckton Dumps" is classic Steve Marriot. Oh and "I Believe To My Soul" as a classic cover of a Ray Charles classic, ain't bad either.

This isn't accompanied by a clip but I am giving Bowie: A Reality Tour, a listen atm. It's from his last tour he did in 2003 but was only released last year. Some of the versions on the album are phenomenal. If you're a Bowie fan I promise you won't be disappointed.

This isn't accompanied by a clip but I am giving Bowie: A Reality Tour, a listen atm. It's from his last tour he did in 2003 but was only released last year. Some of the versions on the album are phenomenal. If you're a Bowie fan I promise you won't be disappointed.

I haven't listened to it yet, but I've heard some stuff from his latest tours and some songs sound just terrific live. I'm ready to be called all sorts of names for saying this, but some of the versions of Under Pressure that he does as a duet with Gail Ann Dorsey(the bass player) are better than 99% of other versions I've heard. And that includes versions with Freddie Mercury and Annie Lennox. I couldn't find the definitive(to me) live version from youtube, but if I come across it one of these days, I'll post it here.

You won't be called all kinds of names by me Maks. I was blown away by how amazing she was. I knew of her reputation as an exellent bass player, but her voice knocked me flat.

Not only does she sound awesome, I understand it takes some serious skill to pull it off. I mean, to play the bass parts in that song AND sing at the same time AND do it so well.

Edited by Maksimov

Good choice. I'm not a huge Bowie fan, but some of the performances from Reality Tour are simply fantastic.

http://rutube.ru/tracks/4443634.html?v=88b85648d7abdfb26ef68f8ebd120071

http://rutube.ru/tracks/4443640.html?v=db0e7ce8307e8b456312bb86d1017f9b

youtube just deleted them, i watched both there earlier this week...