Your World XI.

Sheva
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Seasons coming to an end, so i would like to know everyones world XI.

Don't go for players who you like personally, go for players who you think have performed well for their respective clubs. For e.g Cesc Fabregas for Arsenal, also go for a team you think has balance and dont try and fit Drogba, Rooney, Villa, Torres all into the same team.

----------- Rooney -----------

-Malouda ------------- Messi--

--------- Xavi --- Fabregas ---

----------- Essien ------------

-- Cole --- Puyol -- Pique ---- Ivanovic

------------ Reina -------------

Subs:

Valdes

Ronaldo

Drogba

Robben

Alves

Alex

Xabi Alonso

Manager: Pep Guardiola

Still undecided to be honest may come back and change it but i think we have the best full backs in the world and i know Essien has been injured it's just i couldn't think of anyone else who has thrived in that position. I have too admit i was thinking about putting Valdes ahead of Reina but i feel Reina has saved the Pool's bacon alot this season.

Bit bummed i didnt mention any Serie A players however.

Post yours! remember too balance your team and dont pack in all your favourite players.

Lloris

Ivanovic - Chiellini - Vidic - A. Cole

Essien - Xavi - Lampard

Ronaldo - Messi - Iniesta

Subs: Van der Saar, Alves, Puyol, Kaka, Robben, Rooney & Drogba.

Strangely, I struggled to leave out some Tottenham players; Bale, Mordic, Lennon...

Edited by blizeH

The best first XI in the world?

---------------Julio Cesar

Maicon------Lucio----Terry-----A Cole

-----------------Essien

----------Xavi------------Iniesta

Cronaldo--------------------------Messi

----------------Drogba

Going by this season's performance

..................Cesar

Maicon... Puyol.....Vermaelen...Cole

.........Xavi..............Essien

Messi........................Ronaldinho

..........Rooney....Ronaldo.......

Based on form prior to injuries etc (and admittedly cheating a little with the formation)

......................Lloris......................

Ivanovic.......Lucio......Pique...... A. Cole

.....................Essien.........................

............Xavi......................Sneijder

......................Robben........

..............Messi...............Rooney

Based on form prior to injuries etc (and admittedly cheating a little with the formation)

......................Lloris......................

Ivanovic.......Lucio......Pique...... A. Cole

.....................Essien.........................

............Xavi......................Sneijder

......................Robben........

..............Messi...............Rooney

Funny, I was going to post that EXACT team.

I shall change the formation to a 4-3-3 though...everyone knows a diamond doesn't work ::ChELSeAFaN::

Subs: Cesar; Maicon, Vidic; Cambiasso, Fabregas; Ronaldo, Drogba

Interestingly, I struggled to think of any other standout central midfielders. In terms of consistency, it's been a poor season for CMs all around the world (barring Barcelona) whereas it's been prolific for forwards and fullbacks (Milito, Tevez, Higuain, Torres- in spite of injury, Ibrahimovic, even Defoe's got 20 goals FFS!)

--------------------------------------------Casillas----------------------------------------

Maison-----------------------Lucio-----------------------Vidic---------------------A.Cole

Ronaldo-------------------Iniesta--------------------Sneijder--------------------Robben

----------------------------------Messi-----------------Rooney----------------------------

I missed large chunks of the season so I don't know for myself, but I was under the impression Lamps was having a bit of an off year? Just thought it odd that some had him in their world XI, anyone care to explain?

I missed large chunks of the season so I don't know for myself, but I was under the impression Lamps was having a bit of an off year? Just thought it odd that some had him in their world XI, anyone care to explain?

Because despite not playing as well as he usually does, he's still scored a ridiculous number of goals, and gotten a ridiculous number of assists.

I'm just glad everyone's finally seeing through that overrated cheating diva Gerrard.

• 1 month later...

..................Cesar

Maicon... Lucio.....Pique.....A. Cole

..........Xavi.......Fabregas

Messi..........................Ronaldo

..........Rooney...Drogba.......

Horribly imbalanced but there you go.

Bench: Casillas, JT, Our Frank, Sneijder, Higuain, Robben, De Rossi

feck: forgot Robben, later Puyol

Edited by TheWestwayWonder

It's depressing to see how many people are leaving out Drogba. And Fabregas over Lampard? Just no.

Cesar

Ivanovic - Lucio - Pique - Cole

Xavi - Cambiasso - Lampard

Messi - Drogba - Ronaldo

Subs: Casillas, Maicon, Samuel, Sneijder, Robben, Torres & Rooney

Essien would have been there if he'd been fit. Ivanovic only just edged out Alves and Maicon for me who are both superb going forward, but with so much attacking flair in the rest of the pitch I went for two amazing defensive full backs.