next season blood youth players

ws6blue

over both legs we hammered villa in the fa youth cup..................and maybe at last we can get some players through

all over the pitch we had class and pace and strength

don't want to spend £20m+ on players if we can bring our own players through, and loans dont always bring the players on (sinclair & mancienne?)

but they have to get a pick and a run to really prove what they can do

I'm with you buddy, 2010/11 acording to some is going to see at up to five coming into the first team. Someone else on here knows better than I do about that.

I have heard that many times also. Kakuta, Sturridge, Borini, Bruma, Van Aanholt, Hutchinson, and Matic are all possibilities. Sturridge most likely doesn't count and Bruma nd Van Aanholt are better than Hutchinson. So the five could be Kakuta, Borini, Bruma, Matic, and Van Aanholt.

don't want to spend £20m+ on players if we can bring our own players through, and loans dont always bring the players on (sinclair & mancienne?)

Mancienne's doing a pretty decent job at defensive mid. I seem to remember suggesting that we put him there last season.

Ancelotti will give the youth a chance to prove themselves. Matic looks like an obvious replacement for Ballack when he leaves. I can't see Joe Cole staying on and Kakuta and Stoch are natural right wingers who will gradually work their way into the team. It would be interesting to see if Mancienne works out as a holding midfielder. He appears to have the potential. Borini looks promising and apparently Carlo is impressed with him. I have my doubts about Di Santo. Van Aanholt looks like a very promising full back and Hutchinson is another who can eventually work his way into the defensive unit.

We shouldn't be scared to start some of our youth against lower placed sides (etc Burnley/Pompey) etc and keep our mature guys on the bench. WOuld give them an opportunity to develop faster and we could sub them off if we get into trouble. Barca does this similiarly with guys like Busquets, Keita and Pedro.

We shouldn't be scared to start some of our youth against lower placed sides (etc Burnley/Pompey) etc and keep our mature guys on the bench. WOuld give them an opportunity to develop faster and we could sub them off if we get into trouble. Barca does this similiarly with guys like Busquets, Keita and Pedro.

I think we should play one or two youngsters in some of our easier league-games, but not in the way Barcelona does. Not to start a Spanish vs English fotball discussion, but there is a much wider gap between the top teams and the lower placed sides in Spain than in the Premiership. Allowing them to experimenting more with young players given that there is a smaller risk. The table proves it. Real and Barca are almost winning every game.

Also I do think our youngsters will get more chances once Ancelotti's position is safer.

Keita is a 30 year old player who they signed a couple of seasons ago, aside from him your point is valid though.

Archived