FRINGE PLAYER CLEAR OUT!

Barry Bridges

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...ge-players.html

Holding closed door match to sell/loan some fringe players......personally I could see us loaning New Castle a player or 2 (is their rules against more than 1?) as their owner has been saying he isnt spending any more cash, all new players will be loanees!

but I thought this match/idea was kind of cool!

Its gotta be demoralizing to be involved in such a game, but its a good thing that these guys are being put on show and that clubs are lining up to take them! I hope its specifically on loan.

No surprise that John Bostock's career has hit the skids. Love him or hate him Simon Jordan was right, he made a huge mistake leaving Palace for Spurs

We lost 5-3, our goals came from Mellis, Kakuta and Bruma....why any of those 3 are playing in a game like is beyond me, I didn't think any of them would be loaned next year.

And basically it was our reserves and I would think those playing are very much a part of our future. I would image it's a question of loans.

Heimann

B. Clifford

Bruma

Bridcutt

Van Aanholt

C Clifford

Sala

Malic

Kakuta

McEachlan

Melis

Philliskirk

Gordon

Ince

And we lost 5-3

I hate the fact we might lose Kakuta! He is the type of player who might be too eager to play in a first team in some league. Best option for him would be if we'd loan him to a promoted team or to championship team. I get the feeling as he has already featured in the firts team sqaud he is not willing to wait another year in the reserves.

I hate the fact we might lose Kakuta! He is the type of player who might be too eager to play in a first team in some league. Best option for him would be if we'd loan him to a promoted team or to championship team. I get the feeling as he has already featured in the firts team sqaud he is not willing to wait another year in the reserves.

Loans could do some of those players a lot of good really. Of all the ones mentioned, I think only Matic and Bruma are really ready to step up to the first team right away.

Players like Kakuta, Melis, Clifford and McEachran all have amazing futures in front of them I'm sure, and hopefully at Chelsea, but they may need another season or two before they're really ready, IMO.

Can't see us selling any of them though, would be crazy if we did.

Players like Kakuta, Melis, Clifford and McEachran all have amazing futures in front of them I'm sure, and hopefully at Chelsea, but they may need another season or two before they're really ready, IMO.

Can't see us selling any of them though, would be crazy if we did.

I think Clifford and McEachran need another season or two, because McEachran is MY age and Clifford isn't much older.

Mellis, I've heard lots of good things about him, but I'm not so sure, I watched him in the Youth Cup final vs. Citeh a few seasons back, and he really didn't impress me.

Kakuta however, is a different matter. He's not ready for week in week out football, obviously, but he's a first team squad member IMO. He's a useful asset to have come off the bench with his skill and trickery.

i am hearing of this type of thing behind closed doors moreandmore i had,nt in the past

Always has happend from my understanding just get's mentioned in the press more now. We played Reading first team behind closed doors prior to the 94 cup final for Hoddle to try a few thngs out

Archived