Yaya Toure

Sheva

Essien isnt a defensive midfielder, hes wasted playing that role.

I agree. Essien is a box to box midfielder but there have been times when Carlo has used him in the holding role. Mikel has run hot and cold. Ballack is out injured but expect him back for next season. In the meantime, young Matic is being groomed for the role, from statements attributed to Ancelotti. So why would he sign Yaya Toure?

I agree. Essien is a box to box midfielder but there have been times when Carlo has used him in the holding role. Mikel has run hot and cold. Ballack is out injured but expect him back for next season. In the meantime, young Matic is being groomed for the role, from statements attributed to Ancelotti. So why would he sign Yaya Toure?

I dont think he will, i expect its just one of many such bollocks stories we will see over the summer.

Toure's a more natural fit for the role. Mikel and Essien CAN play there, but its not their best position. Signing Toure would be best as it would allow both our existing DMCs to become more attacking oriented.

The only problem with this scenario, is that for 1 month, in January, every 2 years, we roll over and die.

If we were to replace Toure for Ballack, would be beneficial for us.

If you're talking about financial benefits, it depends upon what kind of contracts we offer to them.

If you're talking about football, I think its a sensible move to go for a proper DM rather than having to fall back on Ballack to do the role. It would free up Essien too. What happens to Mikel is another question.

With the acn in mind signing another African doesnt make sense to me - I'd already say we are at the limit.

You also have to bear mind the acn is changing which years it is held (so it doesn't clash with the wc) which means it is going to be played twice in 12 months soon (though I can't recall which year)

having said that if we buy toure and dump mikel it's all good.

This whole thing makes me wonder, just how it is that a rumour gets started. I mean what the f**k is a rumour anyway. These people are supposed to be reporting the news, and they have whole pages dedicated to rumours? I hate this time of year. Every f**king man and his dog is linked to us to drive up their price a little bit. I really thought with City in the picture this would stop but it seems to be as bad as ever.

Sorry rant over. But Toure? Seriously?

This whole thing makes me wonder, just how it is that a rumour gets started. I mean what the f**k is a rumour anyway. These people are supposed to be reporting the news, and they have whole pages dedicated to rumours? I hate this time of year. Every f**king man and his dog is linked to us to drive up their price a little bit. I really thought with City in the picture this would stop but it seems to be as bad as ever.

Sorry rant over. But Toure? Seriously?

Pages like the below one are the sources of these f**king rumors :)

http://www.skysports.com/football/transfer...2,16620,00.html

Pages like the below one are the sources of these f**king rumors :)

http://www.skysports.com/football/transfer...2,16620,00.html

Yeah, but who comes up with these rumors and how do they come up with them? They don't just magically appear on these pages(someone has to write them). I'd like to believe that they're based on reality, but the more you read the rumors during the silly season, the more I think they're just throwing names around and seeing if something will stick.

The future of FC Barcelona midfielder, Yaya Toure is still a subject of much discussion, and the agent's representative in Côte d'Ivoire said that his client is willing to leave the club in Barcelona.

Toure still can not find a place in the composition of the "Blaugrana". Such players such as Xavi, Sergio Busquets and Seydou Keita preclude Yaya getting into the first team. According to Dmitri Selçuk agent Yaya Toure, the best thing would be a departure to the Premier League.

If Chelsea wants Yaya, and it makes the offer, why not? This last season, Toure did not play regularly, and Pep Guardiola chose Keita and Busquets instead. - Selçuk says.

If you prefer Keita and Busquets is the best alternative would be for Toure to go to Chelsea. He decided on 90%

Yaya Toure also been linked with a move to Arsenal this samy at a slightly smaller amount Barcy gone to Fabregas, but he himself does not want to play for Arsenal.

He has a good salary, but here we do not want to make money sitting on the bench. Some players accept such situations, but Yaya. When you go from Barcelona to understand what they lost. - Ends Toure agent.

Yeah, but who comes up with these rumors and how do they come up with them? They don't just magically appear on these pages(someone has to write them). I'd like to believe that they're based on reality, but the more you read the rumors during the silly season, the more I think they're just throwing names around and seeing if something will stick.

Did you visit that page...it just works to spread rumors.

They say you put whatever sh*t rumor here...then other readers vote for it and highest voted rumor gets itself baptized as news on the website..as simple as that....

So even you or me can give rise to such rumors and get them printed as a news .

Edited by Jawan

They're shifting ACN to odd year from 2013 so there will be two ACNs in two consecutive years, 2012 and 2013.

Its just like T-20 cricket world cup...they had it for 2 consecutive years just now to avoid conflict with ODI world cup....

But I think it is sh*t idea

Starting to think that Toure will be our first signing of the off season. WOuld have liked if we had gone for a younger player however he is not overly old as were some of our previous signings.

He'l be an upgrade over Mikel, also meaning we'l have significant cover over the dm position.

He can push Essein more foward were he can be more dangerous as I believe he's being wasted in the dm "hole".

Overall a central midfield of Essein - Toure - Lampard -> is VERY good, however will almost definitely mean that Ballack is gone.

Looks to be a decent signing