Neymar

We haven't signed him, just looks like a made up false story. If you look on the site they have another story saying West ham fail with 12 million bid just like 30 mins after that story was published.

Edited by Sheva

We haven't signed him, just looks like a made up false story. If you look on the site they have another story saying West ham fail with 12 million bid just like 30 mins after that story was published.

Yeah, you're right. Probably more bullocks.

lets just pretend for the moment it is true he is deffo the sort of play i want at the bridge tallented and young with real raw atributes tell u one thing tho from wot ive seen this kidds fast

I've heard he's extremely arrogant. Not something i'd like to see at the bridge. But we'll see what happens over the next few days.

The story is absolute bollocks, so much so that the link on the Mail website isn't even there anymore.

The rumour is he will be on loan to West ham this season then sign for us permanent after that. Very strange one.

Maybe we are trying to see whether he's got what it takes in England. But why we would let West Ham have him is anyone's guess. Doesn't make a lot of sense, meaning I'm saying it's rubbish.

Plus Robinho is apparently his mentor of sorts at Santos, enough said.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11685_6241714,00.html

Neymar's agent has confirmed that he is in talks with West Ham about a move to England.

West Ham made their ambitious for Neymar earlier this week when they lodged a bid of just over £12million.

Santos immediately responded by declaring that they had no intention of selling Neymar, who is one of the most sought after young players in the world.

And despite not agreeing terms, the player's agent, Wagner Ribeiro, has confirmed that he has already held talks with the East London outfit.

"I had a long talk with the leaders of West Ham via a video conference," Neymar told Terra Brazil.

"My obligation as agent is to pass on the information to the player's family.

"The negotiation with Santos is another case [for West Ham], and that is not for me."

Brazilian sources claim that a bid of closer to £20million could be enough to land Neymar, and they are now braced for West Ham to make an offer around that figure.

However, if the Santos board reject that offer then West Ham could bid £28.5million, which would trigger Neymar's release clause.

Reports in Brazil are also adamant that Chelsea are behind the deal and that West Ham will keep the player for 12-months before moving him on to Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea have previously done a similar deal with Santos, when they signed Alex, and then loaned him to PSV Eindhoven, until he qualified to play in England.

However, with the huge transfer fee attached to Neymar - he would likely be granted a permit immediately to play in England so could, if he signed for them, play for West Ham or Chelsea.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You do have to wonder where West Ham are getting all this money from.

Edited by Sheva

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11685_6241714,00.html

Neymar's agent has confirmed that he is in talks with West Ham about a move to England.

West Ham made their ambitious for Neymar earlier this week when they lodged a bid of just over £12million.

Santos immediately responded by declaring that they had no intention of selling Neymar, who is one of the most sought after young players in the world.

And despite not agreeing terms, the player's agent, Wagner Ribeiro, has confirmed that he has already held talks with the East London outfit.

"I had a long talk with the leaders of West Ham via a video conference," Neymar told Terra Brazil.

"My obligation as agent is to pass on the information to the player's family.

"The negotiation with Santos is another case [for West Ham], and that is not for me."

Brazilian sources claim that a bid of closer to £20million could be enough to land Neymar, and they are now braced for West Ham to make an offer around that figure.

However, if the Santos board reject that offer then West Ham could bid £28.5million, which would trigger Neymar's release clause.

Reports in Brazil are also adamant that Chelsea are behind the deal and that West Ham will keep the player for 12-months before moving him on to Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea have previously done a similar deal with Santos, when they signed Alex, and then loaned him to PSV Eindhoven, until he qualified to play in England.

However, with the huge transfer fee attached to Neymar - he would likely be granted a permit immediately to play in England so could, if he signed for them, play for West Ham or Chelsea.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You do have to wonder where West Ham are getting all this money from.

A loan from Roman! ::ChElSeaFLag::

From what I understand (admittedly not much), this kid isn't anywhere close to being able to withstand the week-in-week out of the Primer League. While he is immensely talented he is very frail.

Well even if he is, he is quite young still. So give him a few hours in the gym and he might become a strong lad.

• 2 weeks later...

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=809114&sec=transfers&cc=5901

Chelsea are contemplating a £25 million bid for Brazilian starlet Neymar, a deal that would see the highly-rated striker become the most expensive teenager in world football.

Neymar, 18, has impressed at Santos over the past 12 months, and his performances led to widespread calls for Dunga to call him up to Brazil's World Cup squad.

He didn't make the plane to South Africa but that hasn't stopped Chelsea working on an offer to bring one of the world's hottest prospects to England, with the Blues thought to be deep in discussions about a possible move.

Neymar's current contract runs until 2014, but Santos are happy to cash in. The club insist they will not do a deal for anything less than the striker's £28.4 million release clause, but if Chelsea come anywhere close to that figure, the Brazilian side are certain to sell.

It seems like this is still all speculation, but it's yet another name to add to the long list of possible big money transfers in this window.

Edited by Planet Drogba

If all these rumours were true, I think we'd end up replacing our entire squad every summer.

Theres a few people on here seem to want that too :unsure:

Neymar is a player I would be very interested in us signing. I was surprised and disappointed when he didn't make the Brazilian World CUp squad despite his age as I was keen to see him play. He is the perfect sort of striker for us in that he would support Drogba from the flank rather than want to play alongside him up front. Still very young so of course there would be a degree of risk to it but he is the kind of player who can really light up games and unlock tight defences. I would much rather we spent money on him than Torres.

I would love to see this player that i've never seen play even once come to Chelsea

Hes awesome on football manager, thats all you need to know.

That means he is going to be sh*t.

The last good south american based footballer that turned out to be good was Tevez.

I was taking the piss.