• Essien
    • Zhirkov
    • Drogba
    • Anelka
    • Malouda
    • Kalou
    • Ferreira
    • McEachran

Cech for me. Similar to his performance against Spartak in that he had a couple of things to do which required him to be in top form and then a lot to do which required him to be in good form - he did all of it excellently.

Bosingwa for me, Tired a bit late on but he made some lovely runs and was unlucky not to get on the Scoresheet.

Good to see Kalou come on and wrap it up, I thought he'd start this and Drogs would come on late but good to see Drogs sharpening up without it costing us.

Went for Bosingwa. Petr Cech was again excellent and did everything that was asked of him. Bosingwa, still obviously not fully match-fit, nevertheless showed a lot of the cliched "what we've been missing" for so long and it took an excellent save from the Wolves keeper to prevent him giving us the lead.

Well 24 hrs late I could only think of Cech as having a great game. I guess Bossa and Yuri both deserve some credit as well.

Does anyone else think Essien is not as effective without Frankie along side of him?

Well 24 hrs late I could only think of Cech as having a great game. I guess Bossa and Yuri both deserve some credit as well.

Does anyone else think Essien is not as effective without Frankie along side of him?

I've noticed that aswell maybe he trusts Frank more in midfield that either Ramires of Yuri

Bosingwa for me, considering he's been out for 13 months and played 70 odd minutes at that standard is nothing short of a miracle, great to have him back!

Honourable mentions to Cech, Anelka and Zhirkov, who I'm growing to like more and more, he seems to be adapting well to his role in the centre, should be a fruitful period for him in the coming weeks in the absence of Lamps and Benayoun.

Weirdly, the Observer gave McEachran (who played for 12 minutes) a score of 8/10 - equal with Cech and Anelka. Thought he looked comfortable when he came on, yes, but 8?

Not really. I remember him having some monster games with Frank out and him given the license to attack. Thats when I saw Essien at his best imo.