Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain favours move to champions Chelsea

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Not seen him but I think already scored 5 goals in 18 appearances. Southamptons youth set up have done well over the last few seasons with bale and Walcott. if he's shown the potential they showed then we should snap him up. 10m could be a bargain inthe long run who knows

Only 17 and he's already been linked with getting on for half the Premier League. The Mail story has ourselves, Man U, Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool all interested, while the Mirror states that he's been "on Arsenal's radar - along with Everton and Fulham" for months. Also according to the Mirror, Nigel Adkins the Southampton manager, is insisting that the player is not for sale. Which could be true but could equally well be part of a ploy to obtain the maximum possible transfer fee.

And this is the lad himself:

CP46343812.jpg

Read something similar a while back

Top 10 talents for 2011

He's obviously very highly rated. From a Southampton fan:

"Saints STH here. Alex Chamberlain is s**t hot. He just gets better and better and will be another Bale type. I knew Bale and Walcott would make it big and AOC and Lallana will both follow. He can knock a balls beyond defenders and then leaves them for dead, he has lightning pace and has great delivery. He has what Walcott and Lennon both lack and thats natural ability."

"I see Walcott as a fast player who uses his pace to go past players and try to get in to shooting opportunities more than cross the ball. Alex on the other hand does a bit of both , he tries to go down the wing and put a ball into the box and also is good at direct running into the box. Alex isn't as quick im afraid but he makes up for it in other areas of his game , Walcott was super hyped up and it seems Alex is going the same way and i view them with similar potential although Walcott was of course playing a league up."

We spent 18 mil in Ramires, so why not?

Who is 23, an established Brazilian international, played plenty of times in the Champions league and won titles with Benfica as one of their more important players. Hardly the same now is it.

How much did bale cost tottenham and Walcott cost arsenal? Bout 10 mil, think we should buy if he's that good plus he's English and a Chelsea fan. bale and Walcott price has doubled since there move. I don't see a problem in shelling out 10 on 17year old with the potential to

be world class.

That's strange. I've been thinking myself for the past three days that I've been reading rumours about this lad, that we should go get him and be pro-active for a change. But another site stated that he's a Liverpool fan, and favours a move to Anfield for that reason. Either way, to be honest, I think Roman's lost it and so, well, I've lost hope for such an ambitious signing.

You know that is hard to buy some players so that bolster sqaude in winter market ( mercado )

is logical when all or rather most of clubs which participate in champions league keep them players unless if they get strong financial offers ( we expect that just from Manchester City ).

let's be logical and sage people and pick up some good available players at the moment like Garry cahill / luiz / hazard (lille france) /A.young / Chamberlain . If not then let's wait till the summer maybe our Administration would splash money for famous names or rather for good players .

More weirdness from the Mail. After widely reported rumours of a £10 million or higher asking price, the Mail are now reporting that "Arsenal are close to agreeing a £5million deal for Southampton youngster Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain."

LINK

More weirdness from the Mail. After widely reported rumours of a £10 million or higher asking price, the Mail are now reporting that "Arsenal are close to agreeing a £5million deal for Southampton youngster Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain."

LINK

Which again brings up the point can we really trust any of the rumours brought up by the British press?

The mail know exactly jack sh*t.

If it is 10 million, I would love it. Buy him and loan him back for another 12 to 18 months. If he is anything like Bale or Walcott then it will be a steal.

Anyone know anything about his background? I dont mean to be insensitive but he looks like he has a Maori or Polynesian background. All wiki has told me is that he has an uncle named Neville :big_boss:

Edited by TheWestwayWonder

The mail know exactly jack sh*t.

If it is 10 million, I would love it. Buy him and loan him back for another 12 to 18 months. If he is anything like Bale or Walcott then it will be a steal.

Anyone know anything about his background? I dont mean to be insensitive but he looks like he has a Maori or Polynesian background. All wiki has told me is that he has an uncle named Neville :big_boss:

My mate who is a Saints fan speaks very highly of him and I think he would be a good buy for the future. Not somebody who is likely to make much difference this season but a good investment. He has a good pedigree too. His Dad is Mark Chamberlain who older members may remember as a tricky right winger for Stoke, Pompey, and England. I think the Neville Chamberlain link is a bit of a joke ;)

It says on the bbc gossip column today that Arsenal are favourites too sign him

Yet yesterday I read many times that he was definitely signing for us/Liverpool/Man Utd/Brazil/Western Samoa/Mars/Ford Mondeo.....

Same old scatter gun approach from the media, say hes definitely signing for as many teams as possible then claim you were right when he does sign for one of them.

For another example see the Pienaar thing, yesterday 100% signing for Spuds, today 100% signing for us.

Edited by dkw