Bruma to Leicester on loan

Hutch

Chelsea allow defender Jeffrey Bruma to join Leicester on loan

Chelsea defender Jeffrey Bruma will complete a loan move to Leicester next week.

The Dutchman, 19, is being allowed to join Sven Goran Eriksson's side after the champions' defensive injury problems abated.

Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti agreed the deal could go through next Tuesday when emergency loans can be processed.

Eriksson is also likely to allow striker Martyn Waghorn, 21, to move on loan to Derby.

LINK

Still no official confirmation, but now the story's got as far as the BBC:

Leicester City are on the verge of sealing the loan signing of Chelsea defender Jeffrey Bruma, BBC Radio Leicester understands.

The 19-year-old Dutch centre-half is set to move to the Walkers Stadium until the end of the season.

Bruma has played seven games for the Blues this term, but has started just one Premier League match.

Chelsea are willing to let Bruma leave on loan after the deadline day signing of versatile defender David Luiz.

If Bruma, who has also played as a full-back, does join that is likely to mean Jack Hobbs leaves the Foxes on loan.

LINK

According to this, it ain't gonna happen:

Chelsea defender Jeffrey Bruma admits he was disappointed to miss out on a move to Leicester City.

Bruma admits he would have liked to have joined either Leicester or Swansea City last month.

"When I spoke with Carlo Ancelotti, he said I would stay at Chelsea," said Bruma. "But I want to play.

"It was good to speak to (Leicester boss) Mr Eriksson on the phone. Leicester and Swansea are clubs that want promotion to the Premier League and it remains the league which I prefer to play in the future."

LINK

Worry ye not. From the official site:

BRUMA LEICESTER LOAN

Jeffrey Bruma has signed on loan with Championship side Leicester City until the end of the season.

The 19-year-old Dutchman links up with Chelsea and Holland Under-21 team-mate Patrick van Aanholt who has spent the last few weeks working under Sven Goran Eriksson at the Walkers Stadium.

Leicester are currently eighth in the second tier of English football, chasing a top-six play-off position that could propel them back into the Premier League for the first time since 2004.

It is Bruma's first loan deal since signing youth terms with Chelsea in 2008. He has played nine times in total for the first team, appearing six times this season.

He was also a member of the 2007-08 FA Youth Cup runners-up side as a schoolboy, and scored in the first leg of last season's final against Aston Villa.

LINK

I wonder if these loans are the club taking a look with a view to whether they can be first team squad players next year or just arent good enough, especially the Kakuta and Sturridge ones who are in the prem.

I wonder if these loans are the club taking a look with a view to whether they can be first team squad players next year or just arent good enough, especially the Kakuta and Sturridge ones who are in the prem.

I'd be reasonably confident that Kakuta, Sturridge and McEachran all have bright futures ahead of them in Chelsea blue.

As for Bruma, PVA, etc. I doubt any of them will make it.

I'd be reasonably confident that Kakuta, Sturridge and McEachran all have bright futures ahead of them in Chelsea blue.

I wouldn't be so quick to write off Van Aanholt in particular. And Bruma is still only 19, young for a central defender. True he's prone to make mistakes, but these mistakes can be expected to be fewer and farther in between as he gains experience.

Eriksson's got him playing in midfield:

Chelsea's Jeffrey Bruma eager to impress at Leicester

Defender Jeffrey Bruma hopes to use his loan move to Leicester City to either force his way into Chelsea's first team or earn a move elsewhere.

Bruma, who has joined City until the end of the season, made his full debut in Tuesday's 2-0 defeat at Cardiff.

"I want to play as much as I can and return with better qualities and prove I'm ready for Chelsea," the 19-year-old defender told BBC Radio Leicester.

"And if not I hope to get another loan, maybe at Leicester or another club."

Bruma came on a substitute in Leicester's 2-0 win over Derby but made his first start in Wales.

The Dutchman was handed a midfield role and although he has played in that position before, he is a defender by trade and expects to be used more regularly by boss Sven-Goran Eriksson in that role.

"He [Eriksson] loaned me as a centre-half and told me I would play as a centre-half as well, but the centre-half duo [sol Bamba and Ben Mee] is doing quite well at the moment," Bruma added.

"But he has faith in me as a holding midfielder, so whether the coach wants me to play as a holding midfielder or a centre-half I will play there.

"My qualities are I am quite good on the ball, I think I am good in the air, quite strong and quick. These are all attributes you need to play centre-half or as a holding midfielder."

And Bruma is convinced the Foxes have the quality to make the play-offs - despite Tuesday's setback in Wales.

"Everyone believes Leicester can go up and that's the reason they came here. If we all stick together we have a good chance to reach the play-offs," Bruma added.

LINK

Thats really interesting, as the one out of our batch of youngsters who i would bet my mortgage on turning out to be a top class player is PVA (and i include Josh in that too)

Ive been impressed everytime ive seen him, and last week i saw him play for Leicester and he looked a cut above eveyone else on the pitch.

Right now out of all the players you mentioned if i had to predict one not living up to the hype and potential it would be Katutka.

Obviously, its still far too early to tell though.

Thats really interesting, as the one out of our batch of youngsters who i would bet my mortgage on turning out to be a top class player is PVA (and i include Josh in that too)

Ive been impressed everytime ive seen him, and last week i saw him play for Leicester and he looked a cut above eveyone else on the pitch.

Right now out of all the players you mentioned if i had to predict one not living up to the hype and potential it would be Katutka.

Obviously, its still far too early to tell though.

I agree, PVA looks the one I would bet on making the grade with us. I think it will be more difficult to tell with Kakuta simply because of the kind of player he is, skillful and tricky players like him rarely show any consistency at a young age.