The Shed End Forum Player of the Season 2010/2011

Santa

So here it is..

All the MOTM votes for the 2010/2011 season condensed down to give us The Shed End Forum Player of the Year!

Loz takes credit for this for taking all the counts and compiling them into a formula, I just finished it off and took the totals.

post-2-0-19576900-1306858940.png

Interesting how Cech took the official Player of the Year, possibly he's overlooked a little here on the forum.

Not a surprise really, though seeing Mikel in 3rd may upset some. Luiz getting 4 in so few games shows just how much of an impact he made on us, and I cant wait to see him next season. Its gonna be a bumpy ride with him, but the best ones always are.... :D

I thought Ramires would be higher, I wonder how many games there were that he finished 2nd to Luiz, as I remember there was a good stretch where the two Benefica boys were the popular picks for MotM.

Yea now you mentioned that, its true..

Ramires was second to Luiz against Fulham away, Man Utd at home and Man City at home, each game Luiz was Man of the match. So when both in the team, they're both on their game (with the exception of Man Utd away at the end of the season)

Interesting how Cech took the official Player of the Year, possibly he's overlooked a little here on the forum.

I think it's because he didn't often stand out in any particular game, but has been by far one of the most consistent players all season - Even during the 'bad moment' when everyone else went AWOL he was still doing his thing and making sure we didn't lose even more games.

I think it's because he didn't often stand out in any particular game, but has been by far one of the most consistent players all season - Even during the 'bad moment' when everyone else went AWOL he was still doing his thing and making sure we didn't lose even more games.

Agree 100%

Not a surprise really, though seeing Mikel in 3rd may upset some. Luiz getting 4 in so few games shows just how much of an impact he made on us, and I cant wait to see him next season. Its gonna be a bumpy ride with him, but the best ones always are.... :D

He's defintely a one off isnt he. He's only played a few game for us but I already feel the affection for him that would consider him as 'One of our own'. Its as if he's been here for years.

Love the bloke.

Cheers Mod. Drogba is perhaps a bit of a surprise, but Mikel is definitely a surprise being so high up.

I honestly thought JT or Ivan would get it or at least end up with the most votes overall, but fairplay to Didier. He seems to be getting a new contract so we Shed Enders have got our finger right on the button.

Good to see Ramires poll a lot of votes, though there may have been some pity votes early on when he was struggling, same as Torres got some towards the end.

It's interesting that Didier got it with 344 votes, last season he collected 573 I think, so there has either been a much wider spread or not as many were voting this season.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep sure, those two are among the highest.

Drogba 344 in total, Ramires is 332, Ivanovic is 294, Cech is 276, Anelka is 271, Terry is 266, Luiz is 264 and Mikel on 249.

Thanks for that Mod . I would say the above is good refelction on how I saw most games last season with the above . Surprised Cole didn't get more votes as he was top draw for me the back end of the season

• 1 month later...

Thanks for that Mod . I would say the above is good refelction on how I saw most games last season with the above . Surprised Cole didn't get more votes as he was top draw for me the back end of the season

Agree, Ashley Cole was consistent for us again - effective and hard-working...

Archived