Chelsea Time Machine.

alan'82

Picture this,

You've just invented a time traveling machine that goes back in time,that will allow you to change 5 things in Chelsea's past & possibly the course of the clubs illustrious history.

Only Chelsea history mind & only 5 events can you alter,

Here's my choices:In reverse order,

5.Sorry to start off on a negative,but I would go back to January this year & misplace Torres's agent's phone number,(would love to be proven wrong on that).

4. Bang the the heads together of the board members of the time & give Eddie McCreadie the contract he deserved back in 1977.

3.When Gianfranco Zola retired from playing football,offered him the role of youth development at the club.

2.Change the plans to build a hotel at SB for a 12,000 home fans only stand at the Shed End.

1.Change J.T.'s boots for a longer stud version in Moscow in 2008.

I'll go back a little further.

1. I'd have sacked Dave Sexton before he had a chance to break up the team (Ossie, Charlie Cooke, Alan Hudson et al)

2. I'd have shelved plans to build what was then the new East Stand

3. I'd have kidnapped George Eastham before the 1972 League Cup Final (on a similar note, Emlyn Hughes would have been sent off or carried off injured before he had a chance to break Ossie's leg)

4. Like yourself I'd have gladly given Eddie Mac his company car

5. Matthew Harding would have taken the train.

Good post and reply, personally I'd have,

1) used the money we paid in wages for Bogarde for a Stadium pub,

2) recruited any/all ex players as soon as the stadium tour idea was thought of

3) your number 2

4) bought Shearer instead of Sutton

5) kept a safe standing area in SB ( wishful thinking, but so are the other 4)

Already copied two earlier suggestions by Alan but you just can't argue with them.

1) Swapped Torres' agent's number for Aguero's.

2) In '92 bought a snipers rifle and taken out Dean Saunders.

3) Having evaded capture, taken out David Elleray early '94.

4) Changed J.T.'s boots for a longer stud version in Moscow in 2008.

5) Had Doug Rougvie subbed up at Hillsborough before he ruined my all time favourite Chelsea comeback.

How about these more recent (Champions League) ones:

1. Had Claudio sent to the stands after 60 minutes at Monaco in 2004.

2. Delivered Tom Henning Ovrebo some better contact lenses before the game vs Barca in 2008.

3. Given Didier half a valium before extratime in Moscow.

1.) Convince the fans to chip in, and buy all the surrounding land within a 1/4 mile radius around Stamford Bridge decades ago.

2.) Got Le Saux to knock the crud out of Fowler when he started giving him sh*t.

3.) Not changed the shirt manufacturing away from Umbro.

4.) Closed down Ray Parlour, and Nigel Winterburn quicker, and stop their goals (a knee capping to Kanu before the final ten minutes of his hattrick game wouldn't go a miss either).

5.) Told Leboeuf to have the night off against Leeds when he stamped on Kewell (I swear to this day that game was a turning point in his career/performances for Chelsea).

A couple nobody's mentioned yet:

- Make Eidur's shot in the last minute of the first CL semi with Liverpool go in (or get their goal disallowed, but this way would be funnier)

- Lock Stephen Hunt in the bathroom before that Reading game (much better idea than keeping Cech out)

1. Not build the East Stand without proper financial backing.

2. Build one huge Shed end to hold 20,000 and not build the hotel.

3. Not sell Ray Wilkins to the Mancs which brought tears to my eyes(knew we were doomed).

4. Agree keep Eddie M.

5. Not got rid of Jose Mourinho and given him more money to buy wingers.

1. Casiraghi to have pulled out of making the challenge which ended his career

2. Persuaded Brian Laudrup to stay - both of these events I'm convinced would have seen us win the title earlier

3. Given Eddie Mac the car he requested

4. A rain free day in Moscow

5. Didier to have buried the chance he had in the second half against Barca which meant we wouldn't have given a two bob bit about Ovrebro

Oh, Nice topic......

1) Warned JT about slipping before taking that penalty.

2) Ensure that Fulham council granted us planning permission to develop SB as we wish

3) In 2003 signed Christiano Ronaldo (the year he went to Utd) rather than Adrian Mutu

4) kneecapped Tom Henning Ovrebo before "that" game.

5) Replaced Ranieri with Mourinho one year earlier (no Veron, Glen Johnson or strange champ league semi final decisions)

Six Times; I don't think that anyone would argue that Matthew Harding's death was tragic on a human level but, from the perspective of Chelsea FC's history it is unclear whether his tragic demise had any ill effect on our success. I think that this fairly light hearted thread was perhaps looking toward missed penalties and the like. Basically, I take some exception to being told to be ashamed of myself for not mentioning it. Or perhaps we should all be ashamed for not mentioning the poor lad who died up in Preston too.

Six Times; I don't think that anyone would argue that Matthew Harding's death was tragic on a human level but, from the perspective of Chelsea FC's history it is unclear whether his tragic demise had any ill effect on our success. I think that this fairly light hearted thread was perhaps looking toward missed penalties and the like. Basically, I take some exception to being told to be ashamed of myself for not mentioning it. Or perhaps we should all be ashamed for not mentioning the poor lad who died up in Preston too.

From our overall history:

1. Not have gone out on a limb to develop the East Stand thus selling our best players, going bust and getting relegated in the 70s

2. Not have sold Greaves to Spurs.

3. Have won more with the quality we had in the 60s.

4. Not have built hotel behind the Shed End

5. Harding to have gone by train.

From my time as a Chelsea fan:

1. Not have brought in Glenn Hoddle (that way we would have had Bergkamp)

2. Slapped some sense into Bates before sacking Gullit

3. Have changed JT's studs in Moscow and made goalposts wider for Drogba and Frank.

4. Given Roman better personal advisors

5. Made UEFA execs impartial that way we'd have won the thing 2 or 3 times by now.

Edited by Myles_91

some great posts on this one............so

1. had goal line technology v scouse in CL at anfield

2. signed a scottish manager who had just managed aberdeen

3. talked guus into being a club manager instead

4. not had a single exit from stamford bridge

5. not had a manager who thinks playing a high line is a good tactic.............

1) Kidnapped European referee Ovrebo for the game against Barcelona at Stamford Bridge so he missed the game

2) Changed JT's boots for the Champions League Final in 2008

3) Somehow stop Mourinho from leaving

4) Kill/kidnap/do what ever to stop Steven Hunt playing in the game where he hurt Cech

5) Sign Messi when he was a child.