It's time

Zeta

BlueSkies - your member page doesn't give your age, but as you have posted elsewhere that you don't remember cup finals before 2005, I think it is fair to assume that you are quite young, and therefore probably not born when the Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns were made.

I have great memories of the 1970 cup final, and remember going to see the Clint Eastwood films when they first came out. I therefore don't feel I need you to instruct me on iconic moments in film history. When I need information on that, I usually ask Maksimov.

I think the boy might not understand the meaning of the word "iconic", nor the relevance of the Good, Bad and Ugly clip and what it means.

hey-ho, education these days ain't what it used to be!

Still, it does tick away the moments that make up a dull day!

BlueSkies - your member page doesn't give your age, but as you have posted elsewhere that you don't remember cup finals before 2005, I think it is fair to assume that you are quite young, and therefore probably not born when the Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns were made.

I have great memories of the 1970 cup final, and remember going to see the Clint Eastwood films when they first came out. I therefore don't feel I need you to instruct me on iconic moments in film history. When I need information on that, I usually ask Maksimov.

What a ridiculous comment. The ability to appreciate and understand something does not have the requirement of being alive at the time to make it true.

What a ridiculous comment. The ability to appreciate and understand something does not have the requirement of being alive at the time to make it true.

I didn't say that. What I said was that I didn't need you to instruct me on it.

You posted an interesting YouTube. I followed it with another interesting one on the theme of Time. You then felt entitled to rebuke me for having done so.

I don't think I'm the one making ridiculous comments.

Possibly my favourite ever film, and that scene is incredible. Its great to see just how well that film stands up even now.

And to think Rutger Hauer improvised the "tears in rain" monologue. It's one of the most famous movie lines of all time, and it wasn't even scripted.

Great movie, great scene. And to re-emphasize what Dkw said, I was recently thinking about this film when talking about movies that had stood the test of time without being too dated.

I was also thinking of the Highlander.

And to think Rutger Hauer improvised the "tears in rain" monologue. It's one of the most famous movie lines of all time, and it wasn't even scripted.

I was amazed when I found that out, it was a brilliant bit of improvisation.

Moos, you take that back, you take that back right now.

2019 is getting very close!

2015 is even closer. It's just four years and we'll have shoes that tie their laces automatically, jackets that dry theirselves and adjust their size according to the wearer's bodysize, and... AND! Hovering skateboards! :happy001:

Edited by Maksimov

• 3 weeks later...