Stress or Relaxation?

mickyg

So before tonight's win over City, I was in a low-expectations mode and therefore in a fairly calm mood when watching games.

If you go into a match knowing that it's unlikly ewe are going to win the title, you can relax and just enjoy the game. You can enjoy watching players and the flow of the game.

Compare that to the Champions Leaugue final, when I literally could not watch the whole game because I was so stressed.

I guess in the end I'd rather be stressed out and have us in the mix for the title - but the "upper mid-table" feeling was was a little break!

How about you?

I was scared before all 3 of the most recent matches. Sometimes I have to record the matches on my DVR because I can't watch them live, and I get scared to play the recording. I'm just one big coward, basically.

The payoff is that when Chelsea win, it's a tremendous high.

Last season was really difficult. Loss after loss. Really dark mood.

To be honest, I was relaxed before the match because I didn't expect a lot out of this. However I did feel this could be our night after a string of unlucky performances against other 'big team's in the league. After we surivived the early onslaught, I knew we could get something out of this.

So before tonight's win over City, I was in a low-expectations mode and therefore in a fairly calm mood when watching games.

If you go into a match knowing that it's unlikly ewe are going to win the title, you can relax and just enjoy the game. You can enjoy watching players and the flow of the game.

Compare that to the Champions Leaugue final, when I literally could not watch the whole game because I was so stressed.

I guess in the end I'd rather be stressed out and have us in the mix for the title - but the "upper mid-table" feeling was was a little break!

How about you?

I actually didn't feel as stressed as usual. They were heavy favorites to win it so my mind made it relatively easy for me to watch the game. Except for the last 10mins of course.

I was really relaxed before the game and when City scored there was a sense of here we go again. I was watching the game in a crowded pub on broad street in Birmingham after me and my girlfriend had paid a visit to the german market there but due to the rain, I talked her into sitting down in a pub with about 15 tv screens, I couldn't believe my luck. I don't think she had ever seen this side of me before because when frank scored that penalty I was jumping up and down like a little kid on Christmas day, the place was full of students and I was making the most noise in there. Last time I felt that good after a Chelsea game must of been when we beat man united at the bridge last march when yet again, a late Lampard penalty won it. It was just a brilliant feeling, felt like a huge win and I hope we go on to maintain a title challenge now. I'm still on a massive high from it, ahh I'm just delighted.

Normally I am stressed out before and during the game but last night I was resigned to the fact that we would probably lose, against a City side sweeping all before them...My fears appeared to be born out after 90 seconds but I was relatively calm...The last 10 minutes were murder though.... :sofa:

Totally stressed out as per usual, but what a buzz.Kicking every ball, swearing,shouting,angry,nervous.

Always the same for me.my mrs was at the wolves match with me and said it was worth the money just to see how me behaving like a madman lol.But overall i was very happy after the final whistle.

I am never relaxed watching Chelsea

Basically. Maybe if its a friendly, but not even completely relaxed then.

Sometimes the stress gets to downright unhealthy levels, and I feel compelled to just shut off the tv/computer and take a few minutes outside. I know it means so much more to all of us, but it really is just a game and pales in comparison to the true ups and downs of life.