Atmosphere vs. City

AAF

On the internet stream it seemed there were record levels of noise at Stamford Bridge. Seemed like our fans sang at the top of their lungs for the whole game. I've heard some complaints in the past about the families and other fans who don't really sing, but vs. City it seemed that every single Chelsea soul at the Bridge sang.

This game and against Valencia really stand out in terms of atmosphere among most of the recent games.

Any comments from the eyewitnesses?

What a game!!!

The last ten minutes was as loud as it has been for a while, absolutely rocking !!

That said even when it was 1-1 the MHL sang consistently and showed great support!

The kind of game that makes you proud to be a fan as your walking out the ground.

The City fans on the other hand were very quiet indeed.....

Oh and I think Mario Balotelli might think again before celebrating within such close proxinmity to the Matthew Harding stand, hope he likes coffee ;-)

Still buzzing!!

I was watching at home and I have never seen the Bridge rocking so much at the end of any fixture! The crowd were really up for it, best atmosphere I have ever seen. The end of the game looked like an epic party, everyone was going KP nuts!

Fantastic to see and long may it continue!!!

What we really need now is for Utd and City to drop a few more so we can catch up and win this mofo again!!!!!

Edited by Zola

I think that there are two key reasons that we had a good atmosphere against Valencia and an amazing one last night. Firstly, night games, they always seem to have a better atmosphere and secondly and most significantly, it has been a rare occasion in the last eight years when we have had a game where we thought we would probably get beaten but still hoped/believed that we could get an against the odds result.

Most weekend games at the Bridge have been a case of, well we should win so we’ll get agitated if we’re not winning and once we get a couple of goals we get bored because it’s just what we expected anyway. (I know that doesn’t apply to everyone but it is the overriding sense I get)

There is definitely something to be said for being underdogs. Clearly after the reaction to last night both at the Bridge and on here, it is a hell of a lot more rewarding. I feel high as a kite today.

Yeh it was brilliant, even the West Stand was rocking at the end shouting Carefree at the top of our lungs. Excuse me ignorance - but the song at the end of the game? What's the title? Was absolutely fantastic...followed by a great rendition of 'Thursday Night, Channel 5'. Such a great game!

Yeh it was brilliant, even the West Stand was rocking at the end shouting Carefree at the top of our lungs. Excuse me ignorance - but the song at the end of the game? What's the title? Was absolutely fantastic...followed by a great rendition of 'Thursday Night, Channel 5'. Such a great game!

I think the one before 'Thursday night, channel 5' (which was also bloody loud I might add) was:

And its super Chelsea

Super Chelsea FC

We're by FAR the greatest, team the world has ever seen

(repeat)

usually at Chelsea home games the producers/sound men turn the mikes down so the atmosphere is sorta muted and comes over TV/internet streams as a graveyard......gives commentators and co- commentators plenty of talk-time of how quiet it is and how poor the crowd are, and not getting behind the team....another way of running us down....esp if scouse scum are playing there...mikes at there end are at full tilt.........

however, last few night games, maybe we have gotten a Chelsea fan on the sound machine...volumes up and let her rip..........even Parry & Walsh had to comment on it.....Parry was loving it at the start when they scored early, but had to change after 20 mins when team and crowd took over....

I think the one before 'Thursday night, channel 5' (which was also bloody loud I might add) was:

And its super Chelsea

Super Chelsea FC

We're by FAR the greatest, team the world has ever seen

(repeat)

I know the chants! I mean an actual song - that they played at the final whistle

Nights like last night don't come along too often and it was fantastic. Great support. I think I read Henry Winter say that he'd been to 60 odd games this season and hadn't heard a ground rock as much as the Bridge last night at the final whistle.

You got a link for that quote?

Or any of the other 'tweets' people have mentioned? Always nice to get something like that froma 'non Chelsea' witness....