Chelsea fans needed for Sunderland chat...

Hi everyone.

I registered on this site a few years ago and have returned to ask for a favour....

I am co-owner of safc-fans.com which is a Sunderland fans website including forum. I arrange interviews with opposition fans ahead of each league game and in the past I have had difficulty finding willing Chelsea fans.

So I have spoken to theshedend admin (Loz) who has advised me to post in here.....

Here are the questions and feel free to reply in this thread. I will post the winning answers as an article on my website homepage but also post a link back to this thread so all SAFC and Chelsea fans can check it out......

-------------------------------------------------------

Hi, firstly can you tell me abit about yourself, why you support Chelsea and the first Chelsea game you remember....

What were your pre-season expectations for Chelsea when AVB was announced as manager?

As we reach the half way mark of the season are you happy with where you stand considering its a new manager in his first season in England?

Do you agree with Anelka's departure to China?

Do you expect Frank Lampard to leave Chelsea in due course, and what is your view on the whole story?

Which Chelsea players have impressed you most this season?

Who have been the biggest dissapointment?

Sunderland spent alot in the Summer on a dozen new players. Whats your opinion of their season so far?

Which Sunderland players have impressed you most this season?

What is your opinion of Martin O'Neill?

Where do you expect both clubs to be this time in 3 years?

Ahead of the game at Stamford Bridge, SAFC will still be remmebering the 3-0 win last season. What went wrong with Chelsea that day?

If AVB was to leave his post as Chelsea manager, who is out there that you would like to see replace him?

Which players would you realistically like to see join Chelsea in January/Summer?

And who would you like to get rid of?

For the travelling SAFC fans, is there any pre-match venues you would recommend in the area?

How do you see the game going?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Many Thanks Guys

Chester

-------------------------------------------------------

Hi, firstly can you tell me abit about yourself, why you support Chelsea and the first Chelsea game you remember....

35 year old from South West London & supported Chelsea since I was 6. Lots of good times but coming back against Liverpool at home in the FA Cup was fantastic & a very exciting era for Chelsea fans.

What were your pre-season expectations for Chelsea when AVB was announced as manager?

A lot more than they are now. I think I bought into the Mourinho part 2.

As we reach the half way mark of the season are you happy with where you stand considering its a new manager in his first season in England?

No very disappointed, losing at home to the Murderers (twice), Arsenal & to a lesser extent Villa is pretty hard to swallow. However there has been some positive signs.

Yes I guess so, but not pleased with how it was dealt with as we could have done with him & more so Alex in some of the december fixtures. However you never know what happens behind close doors.

Do you expect Frank Lampard to leave Chelsea in due course, and what is your view on the whole story?

In the summer perhaps, it will be very sad to see him go, but our midfield needs a change & his position is now the one up for grabs (partly due to his age). I would much rather he stayed and was happy with a bit less playing time to allow Josh to come through.

Ramires, Sturridge, Mata & Romeu

Meireles & to an extent Torres, especially considering the fee & wages (although he has showed signs of what he can do)

Sunderland spent alot in the Summer on a dozen new players. Whats your opinion of their season so far?

Terrible until O'Neil took over & proves what confidence does for you. I watched the 1st game Vs Blackburn & thought you were quite lucky to get 3 points. I enjoyed the win over Citeh, must have been a great buzz coming out of that game the way it ended.

Sessagnon

Good manager, a bit of a drama queen.

Chelsea somewhere in the top 4. Sunderland, competing for top 6 place.

Ahead of the game at Stamford Bridge, SAFC will still be remmebering the 3-0 win last season. What went wrong with Chelsea that day?

Timing of game considering what happened with Wilkins & bad injuries in defence. However bad we were I thought Sunderland were excellent, especially going forward with Wellbeck & Gyan.

If AVB was to leave his post as Chelsea manager, who is out there that you would like to see replace him?

Obviously Jose, but realistically Hiddink. I rate Lambert & Rodgers highly but don't see us at the type of club to take those sorts of risks (despite clearly doing so with AVB because of his 1st season abroad, if that makes sense)

Which players would you realistically like to see join Chelsea in January/Summer?

Hopeful: Cavani, Hamsik, Hazard. A good right back (although I think Luiz would be better suited to that position personally).

More realistic: De Bryune, Cahill.

Mikel, Malouda, Bosingwa, Hillario.

For the travelling SAFC fans, is there any pre-match venues you would recommend in the area?

Your spoilt for choice with pubs & grub. I wouldn't bother with the death burgers outside the ground though.

I'm not overly confident to be honest.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Many Thanks Guys

Chester

Standard story for me. I support the team my Dad did. I lived abroad between the ages of 3 and 8 (and I mean somewhere very remote) so the only real exposure I had to football was through my Dad. Came back to the UK in 1983 but I can’t actually remember my first game.

I didn’t see us winning either the league or the champions league as our squad didn’t appear strong enough. Expectations were, and still are, top three finish and maybe a strong challenge for the FA Cup.

I wouldn’t say happy. Tottenham are above us! I think AVB has made some big mistakes but if he learns from them and moves on then I am happy enough. I think he needs another two transfer windows (January and the summer) to try and address some of the problems with players who are maybe not best suited to the way he wants us to play.

I would have preferred to keep him. We now have n cover for Sturridge on the right hand side and with Drogba going to the Cup of Nations and Torres still looking like he has Stewart Downing’s other shooting boot on , I think Anelka could have played a role in the second half of the season.

I think it is possible that he will go in the summer. The story has been blown out of all proportion with ridiculous interpretations of his comments, one slightly grumpy face and a goal celebration. There are far more disgruntled responses by other players every week that go without comment.

Sturridge, Ramires and Mata.

Who have been the biggest disappointment?

Probably Malouda although I don’t think he has been as bad as some say he has.

You did seem to go a bit nuts in the summer in terms of signings. Personally I thought you overpaid for Wickham as I am not convinced he is all that. However the rapid turnaround under MON suggests that there was more of an issue of confidence or man management under Steve Bruce . Quite remarkable that you are now in the top 10.

Sessegnon and Larsson

MON is perfect for a club like Sunderland. By that I mean a club which needed the squad pulled together and needed a manager that has the ability to get the best out of players who are maybe just a level or two below top drawer. Don’t take that the wrong way. All I mean is that Sunderland are obviously not a top 6 club but MON is one of those managers who can take say a top 12 squad and make it believe they can be top 6. He is slightly limited in terms of tactics and strategy however he knows his strengths and weaknesses and sensibly plays to them.

Probably in roughly the same position they are just now. We will still be a team expected to finish in and around the top three positions and you will be a team expected to hover around mid table who might have the occasional good run and lift yourselves into a top 6 position but also have a lean period where you drop down into the bottom third of the table.

Ahead of the game at Stamford Bridge, SAFC will still be remembering the 3-0 win last season. What went wrong with Chelsea that day?

The day didn’t happen. It is merely a figment of a parallel universe and I will thank you never to mention those lies again! To be honest we were lucky to leave with only a 3-0 defeat!

Hiddink is the obvious shout based on availability however I think Jose is the min choice if we were totally free to pick anyone without the obstacles of Real Madrid and his relationship with Roman to consider.

I would happily see us sign Gotze but I think that is very unlikely. Hazard has also been talked about a lot however I expect PSG to make a big money move for him. They are both very young though and I think we might need to consider bringing in a player or two in the 24/25/26 age bracket. I wonder if we might consider someone like Caceres as he can play in the centre of defence and at right back which would allow us to sell Bosingwa.

I think time is up for Malouda and Kalou as the fans have turned on them which is always the final nail in the coffin. Personally I would keep Mikel but there are many who won’t agree. As stated above if we get a replacement I would happily let Bosingwa go. That might be achieved by playing Ivan as a right back but that would still leave us short of cover unless we genuinely think Sam Hutchinson can step up.

I live ‘Norf of the Border’ so don’t get down much – someone else can answer that one better than I can.

I think it is going to be tight. Home advantage is obviously in our favour but that hasn’t exactly been reliable recently. I wouldn’t be surprised if it is a score draw or we sneak it by one goal.

Cheers and good luck for the rest of the season.

I'm a Libra, good sense of humour, non-smoker.

League champions. I always think we'll win the league, even when it's mathematically impossible.

Not happy. We should be doing better than we are. We have lost three consecutive home games and we are dropping points to piss poor sides.

I agree with his departure. Don't care where he goes.

I expect him to stay I hope he stays. He is a great player with an awful lot to give, but not every game. The manager has handled him well. He needed to be tough and he has. Props.

Ramires, obviously. Mata, Sturridge, Terry. Romeu. Those are the stand-outs.

Torres. I could say Malouda and Mikel but I never expected much of them anyway. Not anymore. Mereiles is a bit of a let-down.

You were going down under Bruce.

I have always been impressed with Larsson but I don't know how he's been getting on this season. He's scored a couple of great free-kicks.

I can't stand him but I acknowledge he is a good manager. He disappointed a bit at Villa which surprised me. I think he is the right man for you, without a doubt. He is a Sunderland fan, he is more than competent, and he has brought back the feel-good factor. He has enormous desire to win. Would I want him at Chelsea? No. Never. I don't like him as a man. However, the best managers are usually a bit unlikeable. Except for Jose, obviously.

I expect your lot to be in Sunderland. God knows where we'll end up.

Our manager at the time, Ancelotti, was averse to playing the kids, so he played Ferreira in central defence, and it cost us.

The most promising manager is Lambert. Having said that, I hope our guy stays.

I like Tiote at Newcastle. I only really follow the Prem. Modric would be great but he's not coming. Ditto Bale.

How long have you got? Mikel, Malouda, Kalou, Drogba, and that's just for starters.

The Chelsea Megastore. It's got everything you want.

If you lose, O'Neill will have a right good moan afterwards, I can safely predict that. My mate Martin will be reading this. He's a Sunderland fan, eats down my caff. He wanted rid of Bruce for yonks, he's finally got his wish. Suddenly he's a happy man. Let's hope we wipe that big stupid grin off his face. Martin if you're reading .. It's me. See you down Mario's on Monday.

My first game at the Bridge was in 1966 when we beat the world cup winners of West Ham 6-2 and followed them from then on despite living in North London. Charlie Cooke was my favourite all time player and there was no way I could bring myself to support either of the two North London clubs

I feel I was realistic enough to know this was always going to be a season of transition and therefore I haven't set my expectations too high. The priority for this season is to qualify for the Champions League next season so the club can attract the sort of players needed to keep up with the likes of Citeh & Utd

There has been a frustration of dropping points when we shouldn't have done however for a Chelsea fan of old that is nothing new. Some fresh blood is needed in this transfer window otherwise qualifying for the Champions League is going to be a major struggle and probably won't be achieved

Sad though I am to see him go it was the right decision for him.

All players eventually leave or their careers come to an end so of course he will go. I tend not to believe too much of what the papers say and have the blessing of being close to some key people at the club to know that much of what is printed in total speculative rubbish

I'm delighted with the way Ramires has progressed and Romeu has been amazing especially for someone so young in a strange country - he has adapted fantastically well

Bosingwa frustrates me from a defensive point of view. His defence of the far post when crosses come in from the opposite wing is abysmal

You bought far too many players. There was little chance of getting so many players to gel as quickly as needed in the premiership so to see you struggling under Bruce was no surprise to me though it did disappoint me as I have a number of friends up their who are very passionate about your club. I could feel their pain having been there in the past with CFC. Martin will turn the club around though (and has already started to do so)

The obvious ones are Larsson and Sessegnon. I'm not a big fan of Bendtner though.

I love the guy personally. He's one of a rtare breed that can turn the fortune of a club around purely by his personality but he does need support from the board. This is where it went wrong at Villa where the owner seems to have fallen out of love with the club

Providing AVBN is given the opportunity then I expect us to be challenging on all fronts. I would hope that Martin has also been given the chance to develop Sunderland and though they wouldn't be challengers for the Premiership they would have a say in who won it plus they would be a good bet for the cup competitions

The players seemed to think they only had to turn up to win. Sadly they didn't even turn up. Sunderland were good value for the win that day and thoroughly deserved the three points

A certain bloke at Barcelona would do for me

No end of names will be banded about but all I ask for is quality young playhers who are hungry to win titles.

I don't like to get rid of anyone. In terms of who I think will go it will be the likes of Malouda, Kalou, Drogba (unless a two year deal is agreed), and Lamps in the summer

A lot of the bars have become purely home fans only which is a shame because I used to enjoy talking to fans from other clubs before games. I'm not sure which places accept away fans now to be honest - sorry!

Just our luck that Martin has rejuvenated Sunderland. Whereas a couple of months ago I would have been very confident of a win I am not in the same place now. Our home form is patchy so there is no better time for you to come and play us. I expect it to be tight but I expect both teams to score. If we score early I fancy our chances - if we don't then you'll be in with a shout of nicking it

My name is Phillip, and I am an American from the South (so don't call me a bloody Yankee; you can call me a Confederate, or a Southerner).

I was hoping for a top two finish, but that ain't going to happen.

I am a bit disappointed, but not horribly upset.

He wanted to go, and gave us a few good years, and so I am OK with it.

I expect he will leave next year, but I hope not.

Sturridge, I did not think he had a right foot at all, and he has shown to me he is the complete package.

Petr Cech, because he has not stopped nearly as many shots as he has in the past. The Arsenal game was the one where it was most evident.

They have done OK, but I really don't follow them too much, to be blunt.

Sessignon is a good player.

Kind of reminds me of the twitchy one at Rottenham, but with a bit less twitches. A good manager, but something about him rubs me the wrong way.

Sunderland will be at 14th place on 8 January, 2015, and Chelsea will be in 2nd place that day.

That bar steward Gyan decided to play the game of his life.

Carlo Ancellotti (in a surprise return!).

Cahill of course, and perhaps Zola (well, ManU did re-sign Scholes).

Drogba (I know, this will get others on this forum mad at me, but I think we can at least get something for him at this point, and so we should).

Is the Pelican still around?

Depends if Chris Foy is the ref, and if he is, he will give two Chelsea players red cards and we will lose. Any other ref, and we will win 3-1.

from Belfast, Northern Ireland. I was a season ticket holder with my local football team, Linfield FC and they used to have a fanzine called Blues Brothers which featured Linfield, Rangers and Chelsea, so Chelsea became my club. 1st time I remember seeing them on tv was 1994 FA Cup final, my 1st game attended was Stamford Bridge against Sunderland in 1999.

I was excited when he was announced, to have a young manager with fresh ideas but that I would be happy with a top 4 spot if he was going to change the team around, I knew we would need a transitional year.

Not particularly, when he first arrived and stated he wanted to assess his squad before buying and selling I knew this season wouldnt be great, we have so much dead wood that needed to be sold/released and we needed new blood in.

The one thing that gets me the most is that AVB takes too long to realise he's made mistakes and learn from them. The defensive high line being one of those mistakes, that system can work if you have fast paced defenders but we dont.

Gutted that Anelka has left us and even more disappointed in the clubs treatment of the player. I'd have been happy enough for him to leave next summer but with us losing Drogba for the ANC for 6 weeks this leaves us with Torres, Sturridge and Lakaku.

I totally agreed with AVB dropping Frank, he slows the play down way too much, especially when we're on the counter attack, you'll have Mata, Sturridge and Torres bombing forward and Frank will get the ball and just take too many touches and lets the defenders get back. No doubt Lampard still has a lot to offer the club but he will just have to accept that he's not a guaranteed starter any more.

Mata, Sturridge and Romeu!

Drogba, Malouda, Mikel, Kalou, Bosingwa, and to an extent Ashley Cole and Petr Cech, thy've been too inconsistant.

Some good signings during the summer, just Steve Bruce couldnt seem to get the best out of them. MON has done what everyone knew he would do, improve the team.

Being from N.Ireland i'll be biased and say James McClean, knew he was a quality player. I've watched him go through the Northern Ireland youth ranks, just disappointed he changed his allegiance to the Republic of Ireland after all the Northern Ireland setup had done for his career.

Love him, I wanted him to get the Chelsea job during the summer.

Im hoping we will still have the same manager, won a lot of silverware, European Champions and play entertaining football or it could be we've had 4 managers in that time and are floating about top 6.

If MON stays at Sunderland they will definitely finish top 7 and providing he's given funds could push for top 4.

I dont believe that happened, you must've got that mixed up with something else.

Guus Hiddink, Jose Mourinho maybe even Gianfranco Zola

Cahill, Agbonlahor

Drogba, Kalou, Bosingwa, Malouda, Mikel, Turnbull and Hilario

No idea on that one sorry.

2-2

Edited by mikey2004

Scottish, but couldn't be bothered with the sectarianism that was rampant amongst the Old Firm. Always liked Chelsea so strated following them back in 94. Remember beating Man U home and away that season and then losing in the FA Cup final to them. Was hooked, then moved to the US and had to rely on what little news I could get, then have been following them from afar ever since. Lived in England for a while and was fortunate enough to be at the Bridge the day we played Charlton at home after securing the prem at Bolton.

Not too much, I just hoped that we'd see some new faces in and a blend of some of our own promising youth.

I am never happy when Spurs are above us. I also think there have been some stubborn displays by AVB when we look shapeless and unable to change tactics, it has spilled onto the field too.

I would have prefered we kept him until the summer, but I can understand it from Nico's point of view. best of luck to him

It all depends on Frank. I'd like to see him honour the end of his contract, but if he isn't willing to admit that he'll be playing less and less then he may vouch for a move to somewhere like the MLS for a final pay day

Romeu, sturridge, Mata

Not to bash the guy too much, but Torres has shown some glimpses and then nothing.

Revived at the right time thanks to O'Neil

Larsson

Overly fond of saying "unbelievable" and "disgraceful" but you can't deny he's good at what he does. Don't think he'll ever be a Top4 manager, but he is good

I think this is an easier question to answer from the perspective of Sunderland, but you never know. Some other middle Easter power might come in and buy your club. For us, i'd like to see us over the next few years blend youth players from within our ranks with a few key signings per season. We can't afford to be stagnant again.

Don't ever remember that happening, so I can't comment. Sorry

I would rather he not leave. Hiddink is a great manager, but he would only do what he always does; get the best out of the current players, and I think that would ead to more stagnation

Realistically, I only think it will be Cahill in January. In the summer I think we'll see Malouda and Kalou and maybe Drogba and Bosingwa leave. I'd like to see Hamsik, Hazard and Van Der Weil brought in as well as some game time for our own Bertrand, and McEachran.

Sorry, I've just kind of answered this. But I think Kalou, Malouda, Bosingwa and Drogba. these are not neccessarily players I WANT to get rid of, more players that I feel will leave. I'd also add less playing time for Lampard and Cole

I will leave that up to people more familiar with the area, as I only know Chelsea pubs so dont want to send you all there.

It's not as if our home form has been great this season, and if AVB continues to be stubborn we could easily see this go 1-1

First week of starting school (just under 5 yrs old) favourite colour was Blue !!, First game was at the bridge in the early 70's either Man City or The Dippers .. not sure now.

I have to admit that i wasn't that optimistic after last seasons woes (despite being one game away from topping the table late on) I thought we would be top three and always in with a shout in all the cups.

Resigned more than happy. AVB definitely needs to learn from early mistakes (and it looks like he finally is) as our 'transition' can only sustain a certain amount of failure, what with the new 'financial fair play' cobblers, and CL football being a must now.. We don't want to end up like the dippers now do we !!

I wouldn't have minded if he had stayed, he was a very classy player for us, and chipped in with some important goals. But that being said if we replace him with someone younger who will accept a bit-part for a while then it's not so bad. I wish him all the luck for the future, as 'Le Sulk' was NEVER that for Chelsea.

I really hope not. I want Frank to remain as a very important part of the squad, the fact that he may want to play more regularly that AVB sees fit could be a sticking point for Frank.

I don't see him going for a 'big money' move as it just doesn't seem his style.

Sturridge, Ramires, Mata, and i really do expect Luiz to get better and better.

Unfortunately there is a few to choose from.

Have to be honest and say i haven't really watched your lot.

I like the fella, he obviously has got something. I do feel he has his limits though, so mid table- fighting for Europa football is something i would think he is capable of bringing to you.

Just about the same, us fighting it out at the top and you possibly having a go at Europa league.

Ahead of the game at Stamford Bridge, SAFC will still be remembering the 3-0 win last season. What went wrong with Chelsea that day?

The whole match was a shambles (for us) from start to finish, difficult to say what exactly went wrong... errr everything !!

Jose obviously, after that (puts his tin hat on..) Harry Redknapp.

For me we do need more than a couple in, Hazard for the wing, a decent right back, and maybe another pop at Modrich?

Malouda, Kalou, Boswinga and although i hate to say it... Drogba, Legend though he is.

I live in France now so not too much help there.

I actually expect us to win this well, as the players will be reminded of last years debacle and (i hope) wont want it happening again !! 3-1 to us.

Edited by chelseablueboy

I support the team my Dad did, he took me to games and its rubbed off on me.

Unsure, yet optimistic. Some sort of silverware (a cup perhaps)

I think he is a bit of an enigma, and certainly a prickly character. I dont think he handles the media as well as he could, but I like the fact that he stands up for our club when other managers (except Jose) would say little.

I think some of AVB's substitutiions have been absolutely dire and I am surprised that he hasnt gotten the team playing better.

I reject certain arguements that most of the players are past it, when they are clearly not. We have a fantastic squad of rich talent and at the minute they are not performing at anywhere near the level I think they can.

Happy enough for him, he did a decent shift for us but time to bring in fresh talent.

Summer time perhaps, certainly not to Man Utd or anything like that. I can see him staying at Chelsea to be honest and being used for halves etc. I think AVB and him will sort it out if there is as big an issue as reported in the press. The fans love him, he still delivers and AVB will recognise that.

Sturridge, Ramires and Mata.

Luiz

Larsson

Great character, top bloke and he will keep Sunderland at a decent level. I just wonder how loing it will take for him to get annoyed at the growth options. I honestly believe MON could manage a top club as good as any other manager (no disrespect intended)

Similar positions, but hopefully we improve significantly.

We were grim and got caught sleeping.

Jose Mourinho

Its hard to say as the media print so much crap. I'll not say names as I dont want to get disappointed. There is stacks of quality out there. For AVB's system we need pacy and highly skilled players

Kalou, Bosingwa, Malouda,

Brogans for a nice pint

I think we will win 2-1

All the best

I'm one of the rare young albeit pre-Abramovich fans. I support Chelsea through my uncle, although I can't remember the first game I saw. It might even have been the '94 Cup Final...

I thought we might challenge for second although understood that we were in need of quite a big player turnover and they would take time to embed.

AVB has had his ups and downs; he seems to raised the general standard of football, he's made good signings and he isn't afraid to hoof anyone out of the team if they haven't been playing well enough. However, occasionally he makes a baffling decision or pisses someone off where it seems unnecessary. I am perfectly happy for him to stay on as manager and build a new squad.

I thought Anelka was very good and gave us something that our other forwards didn't, but it's hardly the end of the world. Sturridge was outperforming him and we have Kalou on the bench; either way I wish him all the best.

It's very hard to tell considering a lot of what we 'know' is based on media conjecture. I certainly hope he stays.

Mata especially, although Sturridge and Ramires have shown some very welcome improvement. Romeu seems to be a fine addition to the team and David Luiz, whom I fully expect to develop into one of the finest centre backs on the planet, is continuing to improve.

Torres of course, and Bosingwa continues to frustrate me.

Sessegnon looks great after some early jitters, Larsson obviously, but also David Vaughan who is doing an excellent job. As a mild Crewe sympathiser (Football Manager) I'm glad Vaughan finally got a chance to be a regular at a stable Premier League club.

Personally I'm indifferent to him but he seems to be doing a good job so far. I expect the honeymoon period to finish soon enough (if only he'd started one game earlier...) but as a Sunderland fan (or so I read) he may be more patient and committed to turning Sunderland into a top six side. In the summer you invested a fair bit so O'Neill's tenure at Sunderland may end up being his magnum opus.

Ideally we'll still be sniffing around the top three and will have put some distance between us and Arsenal/Liverpool/Tottenham. I expect Sunderland to be a solid upper mid-table club with the odd foray into Europe.

A huge amount of injuries if I recall correctly, plus a sudden drop-off in form. I have horrific memories of Ferreira at centre back and Yuri Zhirkov in central midfield. Our midfield was woeful with Mikel attempting in vain to hold the out-of-position Zhirkov and out-of-sorts Ramires together. Plus it didn't help that Onuoha chose that game to turn into Lionel Messi for ten seconds.

I don't like to think about it, but maybe Didier Deschamps?

'Realistically' is hard to judge. A proper right-back is a must, plus a deputy for Luiz (probably not Cahill...) and a serious winger.

Obviously I would give him a chance first, but I can't see us getting much more out of Michael Essien. Paulo Ferreira has probably had his day as well. I don't necessarily want anyone specific to leave, but there are a few I wouldn't mind seeing losing their permanent 'starting' status, e.g. Lampard, Bosingwa, Torres.

I've only been to a couple, the general theme is 'nice but expensive'. Other posters will probably be able to give you a better idea of atmosphere.

Could go either way as our home form has been especially erratic. I would probably expect both teams to score.

• 2 weeks later...