Best non Chelsea goal

GarryJones

What is your favourite non-Chelsea goal? My top five as follows:

I would never have admitted 5 or 2 at the time but 30 years on I can appreciate the football and some of the classic goals that were around at the time. (Even if they were scored by Hoddle).

Number 5

Hoddle vs Watford

Number 4

Robert Carlos Free Kick

Number 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFcTVlLj8Q4

Owen vs The Argentine

Number 2

Hoddle vs Man Utd (League Cup 79-80. 29th August 1979).

I was there as was my brother, a spurs fan. But we were on opposite sides of the ground. As the free-kick was awarded the ball had been kicked into the crowd. My brother caught it and through it to another Spurs player than the one asking for it. He maintains to this day that he had a hand in this goal.

Number 1

Terry McDermott. Liverpool's 7th against Tottenham from September 1978. We had just played out a 2-2 at White Hart Lane and Tottenham fans were full of it having signed Osvaldo Ardiles and Ricardo Villa that summer. They went up to Merseyside expecting to win and Liverpool tore them apart. Liverpool's 7th goal just capped it off. Liverpool scored 85 goals and let in just 16 that season. Furthermore they only used 14 players all season!

Enjoy

Edited by GarryJones

Sorry mate,but i've no idea how you show youtube links & such like,

But Paulo De Canio's goal for the pikeys in 2000 against Wimbledon is one of my favourites.

I believe it won goal of the season that year & to be honest,the blokes a total nut job,but sh*t,that's some goal.

Sorry mate,but i've no idea how you show youtube links & such like,

But Paulo De Canio's goal for the pikeys in 2000 against Wimbledon is one of my favourites.

I believe it won goal of the season that year & to be honest,the blokes a total nut job,but sh*t,that's some goal.

Here you go mate mate.

All you do to post them on here is simply right click your mouse on the address bar and click on copy. Then right click again on here and click paste :smile:

That Hoddle volley v Manure and the Mcdermott header v Spuds are two long-standing favourites of mine.

Here are a few more:

1. An obscure goal from Germany that I rate even better than Carlos's freekick

2. One of the all-time great volleys by a player who turned into a star for us:

3.And the best ball control ever:

Alan. Yes it won Goal of the Season. I had to google it as I had no idea who he played for or that West Ham are now known as the Pikeys. I emigrated to Sweden in 1988 so things change.

Anyway here it is. (All I do here is paste the link from youtube and the site links to it like magic).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsgLQe5ms0I

Don't blame yourself Gary as most people don't remember much about West Ham!,thanks for your help by the way.

Well,I know now how to post a link but I refuse to do so on the grounds of all that's decent in the game.

But,Maradona's SECOND goal against England in the '86 World Cup final's in Mexico,(the cheating,hand of God, little tosser,ahem.......excuse me),will always stay in the memory.

A brillant individual goal & a true match winner,(from the underhand,devious little scroate...........pardon me again).

Don't bother watching it, it was problably a fluke anyhow.

Of course when you think about it there are some others that are up there..

Gazza 86

Nayim from Halfway Line

Thomas Brolin, for Sweden, World Cup q/f vs Romania 1994

Dennis Law Man City vs Man Utd at Old Trafford.

This goal made it certain that Man Utd were relegated. Law didn't celebrate the goal and asked to be imediately replaced after the goal and he announced his retirement after this match to show his love for Man Utd

And I'll leave you guys with one more. What became known as the "Parker" goal. Are these extras for the film Quadrophenia? No, they are just Hereford boys celebrating Ronnie Radford's rocket against Newcastle. 5th February 1972, 40 years ago in a couple of weeks. And I remember it like yesterday.

Hereford were Southern League, Newcastle finished 11th in the top flight. What was more remarkable was that this was not a one-off as Hereford had already been up to Newcastle and got a 2-2 draw. This was the 3rd round replay. (Hereford won 2-1, both their goals are in this clip). 2 Parker invasions. Classic! Hereford went on to a goalless draw against West Ham at home in the 4th before losing to the Hammers 3-1 away. A few months after this Hereford were elected to the football league and were promoted at the first attempt to the 3rd flight.

Some great goals in this thread.

Haven't got time to look at them now or post any but there has to be at least a couple of Le Tissier goals to post. The ones against Newcastle and the one against Blackburn spring to mind.

Talking of Man Utd, who can forget this one. The year they won the treble. The last year of semi-final replays, before they were banished. Bergkamp had missed a penalty at the end of normal time, which would have destroyed Utd's treble hopes. Then, in the second period of extra-time in this FA Cup semi-final replay, and against their arch enemies of the time, and a great team in their own right, Giggs comes up with this. The best back four in the business, England's number one keeper ..

He f**king destroyed them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7f0U9UXrkA