Frank Lampard should start!

sneakyolz

Apologies if a similar thread was made already, I couldn't find one!

I just wanted to see what peoples opinions are.

Personally I think it's disgraceful how Lampard has been treated by both manager and fans recently. People seem to forget very easily that he is one of the greatest midfielders of all time and that he has been one of our most consistent performers for a good 10 years.

Do you think he should be starting? I just can't see why Miereles gets started instead.

Here is a couple of reminders of the guys talent and probably one of the greatest moments in football.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7EhlJQwPps

- Top top man

- brilliant Edited by Mod
Changed topic title to explain the meaning of the topic.

Should be nowhere near the starting XI if everyone was fit. Right now though he probably should be starting more games than he currently has, although he's hardly showered himself in glory when he has started.

He's been playing poorly for a few years now and has looked non-existent in games apart from when he scores, which I am still grateful for mind you. He's a squad player now, nothing more, nothing less. He seems to have accepted that and I'm glad.

I think the manager actually did the right thing with Lampard. Frankie wasn't playing well and was put in the bench. That made him more determined to get back into the starting eleven and has improved since.

Lampard is a bit for a legend at Chelsea, but that does not mean he should get huge advantages. The best players should play. That's it.

And at the moment he's not fit, so it's no wonder Meireles starts ahead of him.

Lampard is a bit for a legend at Chelsea, but that does not mean he should get huge advantages. The best players should play. That's it.

Agreed. It seems harsh, but that's the reality. For everything he's done in the past, he should be celebrated. But if in a given game he doesn't offer the best choice for his position, he shouldn't start.

The club will always trump a player, no matter how big/important/awesome that player is.

He's injured, that's why he's not playing at the moment.

When fit, he should definitely be in the team at the moment. Romeu, Lampard, Essien would probably be our best midfield 3 at the moment. ANd when everyone is fit: Romeu, Lampard/Essien, Ramires

How has he been treated badly by the fans? His name still gets sung at the Bridge and he always gets a good reception.

If a fan doens't believe he is currently playing well enough to make the starting 11 then I would not say that means they are treating him badly.

He's injured, that's why he's not playing at the moment.

When fit, he should definitely be in the team at the moment. Romeu, Lampard, Essien would probably be our best midfield 3 at the moment. ANd when everyone is fit: Romeu, Lampard/Essien, Ramires

I'm pleased to see ramires getting the recognition he deserves.

I'm not sure if essiens over his dodgy knees now or it's just a matter of time till they go again

Either way it's up to AVB whether frank starts or not and if he doesn't fit into that games tactical plan then he doesn't start. If AVB leaves him out just to show who's boss then that's a different story

Should be nowhere near the starting XI if everyone was fit. Right now though he probably should be starting more games than he currently has, although he's hardly showered himself in glory when he has started.

He's been playing poorly for a few years now and has looked non-existent in games apart from when he scores, which I am still grateful for mind you. He's a squad player now, nothing more, nothing less. He seems to have accepted that and I'm glad.

by a few years you mean more than 2 or 3 ? Let's say 3 as 2 is generally referred to as a couple

2003-04 15 goals

2004-05 19 goals

2005-06 20 goals

2006-07 21 goals

2007-08 20 goals

2008-09 20 goals

2009-10 27 goals

2010-11 13 goals (long period of injury)

so the year Chelsea did the historic double he bangs in 27 goals and your insightful comment is "been playing poorly for a few years now"

Respect please for SFL, might not be the force he once was but has 11 goals this season,

Q. Who else on our beloved team has scored more this season ?

A. No one

Genius !

Edited by General