Thanks to Andy Carroll

bjd

... CFC now 99% assured of European footy next season.

Only thing to stop this would be an unlikely massive collapse in the League and not finishing top 6, where the team that catches us isn't Liverpool.

So, the big question is, what competition will it be in?!

I really dont like Europa League, aboslutely nothing to prove there, waste of time and player resources.Just imagine Mata getting injured by mad serbian woodman in Belgrade, what a pathetic scene that would be.

No form of European football should be sniffed at. We should be thankful we get to play in these competitions, wasn't so long ago there used to be mass pitch invasions when we reached FA Cup quarter finals.

I really dont like Europa League, aboslutely nothing to prove there, waste of time and player resources.Just imagine Mata getting injured by mad serbian woodman in Belgrade, what a pathetic scene that would be.

If nothing else, it's an opportunity to get the likes of Bertrand, McEachran and other young players legitimate playing time. Even if you think the competition is a joke, it's not a waste.

No form of European football should be sniffed at. We should be thankful we get to play in these competitions, wasn't so long ago there used to be mass pitch invasions when we reached FA Cup quarter finals.

Bring back the pitch invasions!

If nothing else, it's an opportunity to get the likes of Bertrand, McEachran and other young players legitimate playing time. Even if you think the competition is a joke, it's not a waste.

Exactly. Next year in particular the Europa could turn out to be a very important competition for us. It would be a platform for a new management team to try out new formations and tactics with (hopefully) new players.

If we end up in that competition I for one hope we take it very seriously and with respect. Just can't see why anyone else would suggest anything different.

Agreed.

Agreed.

And then Bertrand or McEachran will get injured by mad serbian woodman in Belgrade instead of Mata...

Indeed, I remember how gutted I was when Real Majorca beat us in the Cup Winners Cup, was the last ever

one as well.

Would be cool to won that trophy. This year Champions League next Europa League.

If we won this year champs league, you would hope we would be able to qualify for it in the early rounds.

Its a big ask , but would be great if we won the champions league , after coming fifth on goal difference to spurs , then we would take the forth champions league spot away from spurs , and just to really fill my dream can we be the team that puts Qpr down , i am not asking for much

Its a big ask , but would be great if we won the champions league , after coming fifth on goal difference to spurs , then we would take the forth champions league spot away from spurs , and just to really fill my dream can we be the team that puts Qpr down , i am not asking for much

a man after my own heart. :-)

If Carlsberg did ends to a season...