Chelsea vs Monterrey - 13th December [10:30 Kick-Off] (Club World Cup)

Off to the 'Land of the Rising Sun' we go.

Club-World-Cup1.JPG

Monterrey, a Mexican team, seems to be the most likely one we will face first.

Anyone making the trip? It's going to be weird watching a game at 10:30 in the morning... :laugh2:

Have a good feeling we will reach the final, we need to win this cup to put some impetus back into the side.

If we win this we'll most likely face Corinthians in the final.

Are they THAT good or do people overrate them?

I honestly haven't heard much about them and I think we are the clear favorites to win the tournament.

I think most just hear "Brazilian Champions" and instinctively think "Oh sh*t".

Still, have to keep our wits about us.

I honestly haven't heard much about them and I think we are the clear favorites to win the tournament.

I think most just hear "Brazilian Champions" and instinctively think "Oh sh*t".

Still, have to keep our wits about us.

Apparently they the have a lot of the brazilian first team players so they will be a threat.

If we win this we'll most likely face Corinthians in the final.

Are they THAT good or do people overrate them?

Good midfield unit and a few good strikers but I would hardly say it's anything to worry about if we played a full strength team. 

We will probably be facing Monterrey, can't see them losing that one. I think they are the ones who play 5 at the back?

Hardly anything to worry about? So is that to say that the South American champions aren't even as good as West Ham, West Brom or Swansea?

Not sure how you got that from what I said, I certainly didn't imply anything of the sort.

I personally wouldn't mention the Copa Libertadores as if it's some great achievement for them, it's the first time ever they have won it in decades and they had help in the form of easier run ins compared to others. Besides, I was going off their league games which has just finished. Assuming we pick a strong team and everyone is up for it, i.e. not another Super Cup performance, it should be a straight forward win, whether or not that happens however is another thing.

Not sure how you got that from what I said, I certainly didn't imply anything of the sort

Not trying to pick an argument, it's just that you said that with a full strength side they are 'hardly anything to worry about'. Well I just figured that recent form for us has meant that West Brom, Ham and Swansea have caused our full strength line-ups enough difficulties that for an opposition to be hardly anything to worry about would have to make Corinthians a similar standard to Norsjaeland. And I really don't know much about South American club football but I'd genuinely be surprised if the continents champions are as poor as a bunch of Danish postman.

Not trying to pick an argument, it's just that you said that with a full strength side they are 'hardly anything to worry about'. Well I just figured that recent form for us has meant that West Brom, Ham and Swansea have caused our full strength line-ups enough difficulties that for an opposition to be hardly anything to worry about would have to make Corinthians a similar standard to Norsjaeland. And I really don't know much about South American club football but I'd genuinely be surprised if the continents champions are as poor as a bunch of Danish postman.

Oh, I get you. I had their defence in mind when I wrote that, it's not great and I'm expecting them to get players back which will help us to take control of the midfield, which is their strongest area. They have a few good strikers, assuming Liedson is back from his loan, otherwise it's just one really.

A full strength team should get goals past them, probably concede one or something seeing as our defence and the one protecting the defence is still a work in progress but a comfortable win regardless.

article-2245395-166D272E000005DC-612_634

When was the last time we saw him this happy?

article-2245395-166D244D000005DC-726_634

Still can't get used to seeing Cech with glasses on. He's one of the best keepers, if not the best keeper in the league and he needs glasses? :laugh2:

article-2245395-166D2E1E000005DC-720_634

Love this guy'

Edited by Lyncath