Biggest tension before a game at sb?

ws6blue

Just parking Saturday for a minute, what's your biggest or tension before a game - both good and bad

My top 5

1. Millwall in cup mid 90's

2. First game under Jose

3. Barca last season

4. CWC sf 2nd leg 1998

5. Manu 2007 to win the Pl

Now back to Saturday......

1971 - FC Bruges in the Cup Winners Cup QF. 2-0 down from the first leg, and Peter Osgood playing his first game after an eight week ban - atmosphere was electric.

1975 - Tottenham away, we lost 2-0 and got relegated. I never made it into the ground along with thousands of other Chelsea fans, extremely hostile atmosphere, so much at stake for both sides.

1976 - Millwall away in the old Division 2, we lost 0-3. For most of us it was our first ever game against Millwall, and considering their fans' reputation we didn't really know quite what to expect. For those of us who made it into the CBL it was an education, Millwall more than lived up to their rep that day.

1977 - Wolves away, we drew 1-1 and so got promoted as runners-up to Wolves, brilliant turn out from Chelsea fans.

1982 - Tottenham at home in the FA Cup QF, we lost 2-3 and the tension was very high due to expectations of crowd trouble, to the extent of the famous black programme cover. Needless to say the y*ds bottled it yet again though.

Also, any game against West Ham was always very tense as we knew they'd have a go no matter what.

1988 when boro won 2-1 on agg! the most stupidiest system of playing for a 1st division spot!

2007 when we beat the goons in cardiff. we arrived 15minutes late and missed our tout but was sort of lucky to meet another who sold us tickets for £55. i sat with the chelsea juniors while my mate sat with the gooners behind the goon bench!

Just parking Saturday for a minute, what's your biggest or tension before a game - both good and bad

My top 5

1. Millwall in cup mid 90's

2. First game under Jose

3. Barca last season

4. CWC sf 2nd leg 1998

5. Manu 2007 to win the Pl

Now back to Saturday......

Tension outside the ground would be  sunderland 1985 milk cup semi final, you could feel it in the air!!

Looking forward to tomorrow, we must make it hostile, fsw has insulted us fans!!! and must receive the consequences. Alot of us struggle to make ends meet and make sacrifices  to attend games and he sits there earning a fortune and moans about us!! I can"t wait I"m east lower near bench tomorrow. 

Liverpool last game of the season 03 huge tension before the game but a party after it.

For me the carling cup final against the dippers in 2005. I was sitting right next to the scum in the upper tier we gave them some doing. One Steven gerrard ha ha they didn't like that at all.

Archived