Scoccerbuster - What team to pick this week?!

Zola

We are doing a soccer buster in work. The way it works is you get to pick one team from the premier league to win at the weekend and you cant pick them again..if they draw or lose you are out!

I did my first last week and picked Man Utd. The question is this week, who do I go for? Lots of tricky fixtures!

Sunderland v Man Utd

Arsenal v Reading

Man City v Newcastle

Southampton v Chelsea

Swansea v Tottenham

West Ham v West Brom

Wigan v Norwich

Everton v Stoke

I am struggling to get away from picking Arsenal, although I am a little wary they will be fighting hard for their new manager!

Saving the better teams for later is the preferred strategy if the possible outcomes are only win or lose. Given that a draw is the same as a loss in this context, I'm not so sure that strategy holds up. 2/3 of possible outcomes result in failure, so you're really taking a huge risk picking the likes of Wigan.

Saving the better teams for later is the preferred strategy if the possible outcomes are only win or lose. Given that a draw is the same as a loss in this context, I'm not so sure that strategy holds up. 2/3 of possible outcomes result in failure, so you're really taking a huge risk picking the likes of Wigan.

They way I see it keep the big guns till last because the longer it goes on the less good team you have to pick from. That's they way I do saying that I never won ha ha.

This weekend's fixtures:

Reading v Southampton

Norwich v Swansea

Stoke v Aston Villa

West Brom v Arsenal

Liverpool v West Ham

Tottenham v Everton

Chelsea v Sunderland

Newcastle v Fulham

QPR v Wigan

Man Utd v Man City

If Bale hadn't of gotten hurt I was mighty tempted to go with Spurs. I am thinking about Stoke at home. I am scared to pick us and I am also scared to go near Newcastle. I am also scared to pick Liverpool, although they look a bit safer?

I really wanted to gamble lads, but I couldn't do it so early.

I have selected Arsenal, although now I am terrified they wont win as Diaby and Wilshire are both out! Gulp!

terrified? do they cut off your finger if you strike out?

terrified? do they cut off your finger if you strike out?

No mate worse, your todger!!

I survived last week so that's now irrelevant.. I can maybe be terrified over Liverpool this week. Swaying that direction.

No mate worse, your todger!!

I survived last week so that's now irrelevant.. I can maybe be terrified over Liverpool this week. Swaying that direction.

i dont know what a todger is, but cutting it off sounds like something to be terrified of

Archived