Drogba PL 100 club

just

Is on SKY 1 right now. Half hour feature on his greatest goals.

Legend.

Was just about to post exactly that Just.  Just got to number 50.  Can you imagine just how good the current team would be if we had a striker of that pedigree up front. 

Imagine how many would have won by Lozzer if he was up front tonight.

Not to mentioned not dropping points last week!

OK it isn't quite as straight forward as that but you have to bear in mind that it wasn't just the goals he scored, it was the fact that he terrorised defenders meaning it was far harder for teams to park the bus.  There was always two players keeping an eye on him which created space for others.

You do forget how many genuinely high quality goals he scored. Some of them literally out of nowhere.

My personal all time fave was the bullet header he stuck past Oliver Kahn from Joe Cole's pinpoint cross against Munich in the CL at their old Olympic Stadion ground. I was at the game and remember Kahn never even moved, the header was that powerful.

His performance against Wet Spam in 2006 remains the greatest all-round centre forward display I have ever seen in my life. I doubt I will see better.

We were wobbling in the title race at that point and went a goal down and had a player sent off. Drogba single-handedly turned the game that day and put our title bid back on track.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2006/apr/10/match.sport7

Archived