87 points

Veeria
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

60 members have voted

1. 1. Would 87 points be enough to win us the title

I like most people now think we have little to no hope for the title, but I think it'll be down to us slipping up again. I can see the total of 87 points we would get from winning our remaining games would give us a very good chance. We would be above Liverpool but still rely on Man City slipping up twice. I'm not asking will we win all our games, I'm asking IF we win all our games would we finish top?

No I do not think it would be enough to finish above City personally. 

What is really maddening is, with City drawing yesterday and still having Liverpool and Everton to play, we could have recovered from Villa if we had just won yesterday. We would be in good condition to win the title with just 3 more points than we have now. Frustrating...and disappointing...

I like most people now think we have little to no hope for the title, but I think it'll be down to us slipping up again. I can see the total of 87 points we would get from winning our remaining games would give us a very good chance. We would be above Liverpool but still rely on Man City slipping up twice. I'm not asking will we win all our games, I'm asking IF we win all our games would we finish top?

You've already answered your own question - only if City lose theirs.  So yes, technically it is possible, providing City co-operate.

No I do not think it would be enough to finish above City personally. 

What is really maddening is, with City drawing yesterday and still having Liverpool and Everton to play, we could have recovered from Villa if we had just won yesterday. We would be in good condition to win the title with just 3 more points than we have now. Frustrating...and disappointing...

I kind of think a draw would of made a huge difference, in that case we could have needed city to lose one draw one, which doesn't sound at all impossible but now need them to lose twice, can see maybe one coming vs Liverpool but not sure elsewhere. I still can't see us winning all our games and if we don't we have 0 chance instead of the maybe 10% chance we currently have...

You've already answered your own question - only if City lose theirs.  So yes, technically it is possible, providing City co-operate.

Sort of answered my own question, maybe I should have asked if people actually believe city will drop the points we need them to

It's game over guys. Liverpool are going to win it. And as such, I will probably need to take about 4 years off and focus on non-league football before I can stomach watching/listening/reading anything related to the PL.

Manchester City need to lose twice due to their goal difference, not just slip up twice. Saying that 87 points probably would be enough, there's still a few games left and in addition to having to get through Liverpool away Manchester City will probably drop points that we wouldn't expect them to, this being the Premier League and all.

Don't see how we can have this thread without being allowed to discuss the likelihood of us winning every remaining game though.

Manchester City need to lose twice due to their goal difference, not just slip up twice. Saying that 87 points probably would be enough, there's still a few games left and in addition to having to get through Liverpool away Manchester City will probably drop points that we wouldn't expect them to, this being the Premier League and all.

Don't see how we can have this thread without being allowed to discuss the likelihood of us winning every remaining game though.

Of course we can talk about it, but I feel that's a whole different issue, I am just thinking more about other teams situations, I honestly can see another palace/villa before the end of the season, maybe we won't lose but a draw purhaps, have no real confidence

It's game over guys. Liverpool are going to win it. And as such, I will probably need to take about 4 years off and focus on non-league football before I can stomach watching/listening/reading anything related to the PL.

Liverpools maximum points would be 89 so if they don't win all their games they'll be on 87 or 86, if its not enough for us to win it why would it be enough for them, they have more momentum than us but still don't think they'll win every remaining game

once loss one draw would do actually.

once loss one draw would do actually.

Can see that loss coming vs lpool and a draw can come from anywhere, one of thier games in hand maybe.

Honestly don't think it's all over if we can win the last 6 we have a fair shout. Well see what happens in the city Liverpool game but is unlikely but still not over

Edited by Veeria

We're 2 points ahead of them, they have 2 games in hand, so really they're 4 points ahead of us. With goal difference it's pretty much 5 points. Therefore 2 losses are needed by them.

They are 2 points behind, if they lose one game in hand and draw the other they will be 1 point behind, then if we both win all of our games we stay 1 ahead

classic stuff veeria and fatty!

we need to beat pool obviously and cheer for them beating city..then hope for a few draws in there...some of these relagation teams will be tricky in the end...our situation isn't as bad as it seems!!!!

SOMEONE PLAY THAT sh*tE JOURNEY SONG!!!

classic stuff veeria and fatty!

we need to beat pool obviously and cheer for them beating city..then hope for a few draws in there...some of these relagation teams will be tricky in the end...our situation isn't as bad as it seems!!!!

SOMEONE PLAY THAT sh*tE JOURNEY SONG!!!

I said before yesterday we could have one slip up. I think ill be singing Rick Astley until someone else lifts the trophy

• 2 weeks later...

Started this a while ago but definitely worth a revisit, if we win all our games we just need one draw from city now and we'd then win the league, winning all our games is of course hard but this is a hypothetical question that I think has been answered today, if we get all of ours points well almost definitely be top.