Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

barak81

Considering a PS4

Ok, so i haven't had a play station since I sold my 3 a few years back. 

I'm now considering a PS 4 but don't want it to just gather dust. Any one else in there mid 30's and married got one and how much do you play it (Aloud by the wife with out the break down of your marriage) 

I'm married with an 18 month old and manage to get a couple of evenings as a week on it. Depends on your wife and how sensitive she is to this sort of thing. My wife is pretty relaxed and will let me play as much as I want, within reason of course.

Ive an Xbox one and married with a 4 year old, get to go on it Friday or Saturday night most weekends late on, I'm lucky in that my wife has no interest in TV really so could probably go on it a few week nights too.

I'm 38, have a 2 year old and a PS4.  I've a few games for it (the latest, albeit a few months old, Batman.  Fallout 4, and then the package I bought also gave me all three of the Drake's games.  SO, that'll keep me set for a while.

I used to use my PS3 for Netflix, but then got a Smart TV, and then got an Apple TV box, so I purely use it for games now.  My wife's usually off to bed before I am, so I'll play a few times a week (2-3) for a couple of hours before I have to force myself to go to sleep.

I'm 30 with a 1 year old and it is hard to find time to get stuck into games these days. Sony are releasing a pc and Mac remote play app, so you can play your ps4 through a laptop while the wife is watching TV. I'm hoping this gives me a little me time to play some of he longer games, I have fallout 4, witcher 3, dark souls 2, and dragon age, that I have spent more than 20 hours combined on!

I know someone who's married with 3 kids and still plays Football Manager. He plays from 10pm-1pm every night. Honestly don't know how he does it. He must be knackered for work the next day.

I think I would be divorced if I played FM, it's way too addictive.

I know someone who's married with 3 kids and still plays Football Manager. He plays from 10pm-1pm every night. Honestly don't know how he does it. He must be knackered for work the next day.

I think I would be divorced if I played FM, it's way too addictive.

It's funny you should mention that. I bought fm16 about 2 weeks ago, and ended up agreeing to a full day of shopping with the Mrs by saying yes when when I was stuck into the game! I don't even remember the conversation!

Ok - so I currently have no children. The wife does like her TV time but we have a TV in the bed room as well (against my better judgment) so based on the feedback in this thread i'm going for it