Joey Barton, Is there any way back ?

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Just thought I'd start this thread to open honest discussion about the thoughts of fellow bears and blues about the future of Joey Barton at Rangers FC do you think he should be given time to prove himself ? or have you seen enough and want rid ? share opinions below

No, horrible little gobsh*te needs kicking out of the game completely. He`s a massive hypocrite that believes he`s some kind of pseudo intellect, when all he is really is a grown up 6th former copying and pasting Nietzsche onto twitter.

My favourite Barton story is where he was talking about how he proves his dedication by getting up at 6 am to go running, and do Lampard or Gerrard do that, to which later Frank responded by saying something along the lines of "Yeah, since we were like 11 maybe he should stick to training than talking about other players".

It probably plays out better in my head.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/6281871.stm

Edited by Stim

Can't see him playing for the 'Gers again. Especially after the spate with Andy Halliday. And there is the accusation against him over betting on games. He has until this Wednesday to put in an appeal. The case will be heard by the SFA on 26 October. Has some talent but has never fulfilled potential. He was never going to play many games for England with the likes of Lampard, Gerrard and Scholes in the team.

On 10/10/2016 at 13:19, Boyne said:

Can't see him playing for the 'Gers again. Especially after the spate with Andy Halliday. And there is the accusation against him over betting on games. He has until this Wednesday to put in an appeal. The case will be heard by the SFA on 26 October. Has some talent but has never fulfilled potential. He was never going to play many games for England with the likes of Lampard, Gerrard and Scholes in the team.

He didn't offer enough for Rangers when he did play to make me want to see him back. I don't think he's worth the effort really, the club should find a way to put this all to bed, off load him and move on.

On 10/13/2016 at 18:15, carrickblue said:

He didn't offer enough for Rangers when he did play to make me want to see him back. I don't think he's worth the effort really, the club should find a way to put this all to bed, off load him and move on.

The few times that I have seen the 'Gers play this season he's been outshone by other 'Gers midfielders e.g .Holt, Halliday and Forrester. Just seen the following on the club website. The suspension continues. Bought to the club to offer some experience and to be given a chance of top-flight football but he has left himself the team down.

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/club-statement-70/

• 2 weeks later...

On 02/11/2016 at 21:37, Boyne said:

So Barton is allowed to go back to full time training after the ban. Will be interesting to see if he plays again for the 'Gers. I guess it could be dependent upon how he behaves and performs during training.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37852374

I'm hoping they're just letting him train so that come January he's in some sort of shape to offload. problem is whether he is a negative or disruptive influence within the first team squad. 

On 11/5/2016 at 08:56, carrickblue said:

I'm hoping they're just letting him train so that come January he's in some sort of shape to offload. problem is whether he is a negative or disruptive influence within the first team squad. 

@carrickblue Agree, would be a good move to keep him fit and sell him in January. Just noticed this on the BBC website. Signed off with stress.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37915256

2 hours ago, Boyne said:

@carrickblue Agree, would be a good move to keep him fit and sell him in January. Just noticed this on the BBC website. Signed off with stress.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37915256

Signed off with stress....I fear we'll find it tough to get rid, who's going to take him on? In terms of character he's a poor man's Ballotelli  

When this happened I felt this was always on the cards. Barton in a goldfish bowl like Glasgow was never going to end well.

He posted about Struth and used his quotes when he signed for the club on his twitter yet when class and dignity in the face of adversity came up after the Celtic hammering Joey reverted to type. He had no right to use the great mans words.

A huge waste of time and money which Rangers can ill afford these days. With Rossiter a constant injury problem it means we are still short in that area of the park and January we may be back in the market for a player of this ilk.

Lampard talk is just wild speculation as was the Van Persie stuff. He is 38 and will no doubt be looking to get into the coaching side which Chelsea seem keen on going by reports. Even if he wanted to continue playing he would still be outwith the reach of Rangers IMO.

So far this season has been a huge anti climax, so much promise before a ball was kicked and it's ended in panto embarrassment with one of the big signings basically sacked and the other out for the season.

On 11/10/2016 at 12:55, undertow said:

Ladies and gentlemen, meet the new matchday pundit for Sky.

;)

Haha imagine that.

Who would make up the worst sky pundit line up of all time?

Barton, Djemba Djemba and the Manson family gang.

Edited by MissouriBlue

• 1 month later...