£150M for being on the box

Zola

7 minutes ago, dan_cfc said:

Crazy even Sunderland got 90odd million and they went down.

Wonder how much we got with winning the league combined.

I think you get around 35-40 million for finishing 1st, so it'd be about 190 million.

I think we only had three Saturday 3.00 kick offs at home and three away. Bournemouth was on a Monday at three and Sunderland was a Sunday. We went from 1st October Hull away next 3.00 kick off away was Stoke on the 18th March.

14 hours ago, lukecfc said:

I think you get around 35-40 million for finishing 1st, so it'd be about 190 million.

That cash is part of the 150m (merit payment), added to the equal portion for all 20 teams plus the amount for the games you're shown live. The premier league doesn't give out prize money per se, it's all TV money.

if we compare this to the spanish league, it would blow your mind. 

here it is: 

http://www.totalsportek.com/football/spanish-la-liga-prize-money/

the bottom club are making about 50+ million euros. the gap at the top and bottom is still poor, but getting better. barcelona are making around the same as everton ffs lol. i guess it doesn't mean a whole lot until the quality of the league improves. 

Archived