Sign in to follow this  
Old Shaggy

England vs Nigeria (Friendly)

Like watching paint dry....total sh*te the 2nd half, Nigeria deserved a draw at least.  How Ali and Dier get in the team is head scratching; Cahill did OK.

28 minutes ago, Old Shaggy said:

RLC has been ok since he came on as well. 

For me he would start for England as they lack someone in the middle of the park with his abilities.

Can't believe McGuire seems to be ahead of Cahill in the pecking order, for all his faults Gaz is still England's best centre back by a mile.

sh*t game mind same old boring England 1st half was decent but probably more down to Nigeria not turning up til the second half.

Good to see the Nigerian Pirlo Again.

10 hours ago, CFCCAN said:

Like watching paint dry....total sh*te the 2nd half, Nigeria deserved a draw at least.  How Ali and Dier get in the team is head scratching; Cahill did OK.

And people wonder why some of us have lost so much interest in watching international football, especially England. The intensity of international football is lower than ever, it's just so lifeless.

Onto England in general, i find what the pundits say about them to be puzzling. England are not an elite team anymore, not by a long shot. This is probably the weakest group of players i have ever seen play for England in my lifetime, but these pundits expect England to beat teams like Nigeria fairly comfortably. No, not anymore, England's level is mediocre now. England should not be expected to beat any competent international team easily anymore. England will go through stages where they are on top against these teams, but they won't dominate games for the full 90 minutes, England just don't have the quality to achieve that anymore.

The majority are expecting England to get out of their group comfortably in the world cup because of Tunisia and Panama. England should get through, but i don't think it will be comfortable. I would not be surprised in the slightest if England struggle to score goals against Tunisia and Panama. You can almost guarantee they won't play fast paced, intense football, they just don't have it in them anymore. This is where we are with England now, expectations should be as low as possible, at least that way we won't be as disappointed when the inevitable happens.

I'm sorry to England fans that are still positive about the England team, but i have watched them for over 20 years now and i can only list a handful of games in that time where i thought England played a good and enjoyable game of football. A handful in over 20 years!! if you're still positive about England after that, then i don't know if i should be praising you or calling you deluded.

To be honest apart from Germany who are elite, even Brazil were hammered 7-1 by Germany at the last world cup.

This is what makes it interesting it is unpredictable to a large extent, past form counts for little.

14 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

And people wonder why some of us have lost so much interest in watching international football, especially England. The intensity of international football is lower than ever, it's just so lifeless.

Onto England in general, i find what the pundits say about them to be puzzling. England are not an elite team anymore, not by a long shot. This is probably the weakest group of players i have ever seen play for England in my lifetime, but these pundits expect England to beat teams like Nigeria fairly comfortably. No, not anymore, England's level is mediocre now. England should not be expected to beat any competent international team easily anymore. England will go through stages where they are on top against these teams, but they won't dominate games for the full 90 minutes, England just don't have the quality to achieve that anymore.

The majority are expecting England to get out of their group comfortably in the world cup because of Tunisia and Panama. England should get through, but i don't think it will be comfortable. I would not be surprised in the slightest if England struggle to score goals against Tunisia and Panama. You can almost guarantee they won't play fast paced, intense football, they just don't have it in them anymore. This is where we are with England now, expectations should be as low as possible, at least that way we won't be as disappointed when the inevitable happens.

I'm sorry to England fans that are still positive about the England team, but i have watched them for over 20 years now and i can only list a handful of games in that time where i thought England played a good and enjoyable game of football. A handful in over 20 years!! if you're still positive about England after that, then i don't know if i should be praising you or calling you deluded.

I agree with everything you’ve said and I’ve been watching England since the 1980 euros

49 minutes ago, CliveWalker said:

I agree with everything you’ve said and I’ve been watching England since the 1980 euros

At least I was old enough and witnessed a bright side in '66'...sadly those days have long, long gone