JT - Offer Jose a new deal and Frank and I will sign

loz

Heard on the radio this morning that JT's contract talks have broken down as the club still don't want to offer him a 9 yr, 130,000 ppw deal.

This blows.

130.000 isn't that much. Ballack has, what, 180.000? JT is the heart of Chelsea and one of our most important players. 9 years might be a long time but securing JT for the rest of his career (possibly anyway) sounds great too me. If the team then wants to get rid of him (you know, when hell freezes over) they can sell him for a lot of money.

So give him the damn deal! icon_mad.gif

With JM and RA gropping on Sunday the hacks need to dig up some crap to keep the ship on an even keel.

And who said Ballack was on 180,000 this forum is getting worse than the Sun or has the lira been introduced in England

Talks breaking down isn't necessarily as drastic as it sounds. JT has since issued "strenuous denials" of dressing room unrest, the same dressing room unrest that the media have been harping on for most of the season. JT from the Sky Sports article:

""I have two years on my current deal and I am sure things will be sorted, I am Chelsea, through and through - I want to stay for life, I love the club, love the players, love the manager, Roman - and I want everyone around me when I do stay."

JT just wants parity with Ballack and Shevchenko. They're both on 130,000. As moos said, its not that hard.

How does the press know how much a player earns?

I heard Gary Stevens talking about this not long ago. He said that in his day nobody knew what players actually earned, but that the press would make educated guesses, were often fairly accurate, and that generally speaking, it's pretty much the same to this very day. Hence the wild variations in a player's estimated wage.

I think the issue was reported that JT wanted guarantees that he would always have the same wage as the highest earner, thus preventing what happened last summer with sheva's and ballack's arrival...wouldn't surprise me if true, if you were jt, captain and leader you wouldn't want anyone to be on more money, but sounds to me like there is no danger of him leaving...it will be sorted whether jose stays or not

I can't help but feel JT and Jose will stay, but we may see Frank leave. I have no solid ground to base this on, merely a hunch. Anyway, I don't see the problem with offering JT parity with Ballack and Sheva, it is what he deserves. A 9 year contract though is a bit much, what would he be then, 35 or 36? I can't see a club paying a defender, captain or not, 130 grand a week when they are in the twighlight of their careers

Scott