Injury news.

bennyboy1976

Bit early yet. Can't find anything on the official site, and this is all there is on BBC sport so far:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 582695.stm

Team news to follow.

Just a little note on media bias. Here on Sky Sports Champions League Page

http://home.skysports.com/league.aspx?cpid=5

there's a list of stories:

14 concerning the Sousers

16 concerning the Mancs

10 concerning Milan

and FOUR concerning Chelsea.

Riccy was only rested against Newcastle apparently. He did have a knock but it was a precaution more than anything that he did'nt play what with Essien suspended for wednesday. Could do with Robben to come of the bench maybe if needed.

Ballack was signed for nights like this and he may continue in his season long form, he'll probably be missing............

Hopefully though being German he comes to life in the business end of the season.

Im pretty sure Jose said Carvalho was injured and was likely to miss the semi...

Thought that was the case, now i am concerned as Essien is out too. Oh well Boularouz against Barca

at the bridge was superb, hopefully he can reproduce a performance like that.

Riccy was only rested against Newcastle apparently. He did have a knock but it was a precaution more than anything that he did'nt play what with Essien suspended for wednesday. Could do with Robben to come of the bench maybe if needed.

Ballack was signed for nights like this and he may continue in his season long form, he'll probably be missing............

Hopefully though being German he comes to life in the business end of the season.

watching Champions League Weekly last night it said Robben would miss both legs and Ballack was struggling to make the first leg and Sheva was out. I know this is recorded in advance and they said that Bellamy is a doubt for us despite him playing the last 20 mins on saturday, so can i discount this as bullsh*t?

Well Rob, Sheva came on for 25mins or so on Saturday so i would say he will be fine.

As for the rest, who knows, and i doubt any of us will get to know until just before KO.

Not sure about "fine".

He came on for 25 minutes and did precisely nothing. If Sheva is gonna play I would start with him as he just doesn't seem the type of player that can come off the bench and help change a game. That said, the form he is in (or isn't) I wouldn't play him.

But then again, he has CL pedigree (whatever that is), so maybe I would start him. Oh why did I bother with this post - I'm off to lunch!!!

Still waiting for confirmation, but according to the latest radio news, neither Ballack and Carvalho will be fit tomorrow night. Their squad's been announced:

Liverpool (from): Reina, Finnan, Arbeloa, Carragher, Hyypia, Agger, Riise, Pennant, Gerrard, Alonso, Sissoko, Mascherano, Fowler, Kuyt, Bellamy, Crouch, Dudek, Zenden.

if true, that is a BIG blow, especially losing Riccy.

What I wouldn't give to play them with a full strength team for f*cking once...

Losing Riccy is a massive blow if he's out , and im not over confident now we dont have a full strenght squad cause Carv is such an important player for this game .Boularouz dosent inspire me and is likely to give away a penalty . Can be sloppy at times .

Essien , nothing we can do , but again a MASSIVE loss .

if true, that is a BIG blow, especially losing Riccy.

What I wouldn't give to play them with a full strength team for f*cking once...

Losing Riccy is a massive blow if he's out , and im not over confident now we dont have a full strenght squad cause Carv is such an important player for this game .Boularouz dosent inspire me and is likely to give away a penalty . Can be sloppy at times .

Essien , nothing we can do , but again a MASSIVE loss .

Let's not forget that Boula hasn't played in awhile and I would be very surprised if he can be great in his first game back.

I'm starting to become really nervous for the game tomorrow. No Riccy and no Essien isn't exactly a dream scenario (except for the scousers).

Please tell me that I can wake up tomorrow to the news that Riccy is 100% fit and is ready to stop the scousers together with JT who also promise to score a goal (finally). 128.gif

The offical site states that Jose has said he doesnt expect Riccy to be fit.

Mind games mate. Even JM wouldn't be so stupid as play Essien at centre half with Boula on the bench knowing Ric wouldn't be fit for Wednesday. And Essien banned.

Boula hasn't played for months and would probably struggle with the pace and 90 minutes. Now if he had had a few games in the reserves under his belt, but that's a different story.

lets hope so...

Remember no Duffa for the 04/05 away game? Then who appears on the starting line up and who's shot was it that got deflected goal?

icon_wink.gif

Before the away match that season against Barca Jose told the press Barca's and Chelsea's starting lineups. Barca's was spot on, but Chelsea's wasn't. Rijkaard wasn't too pleased. icon_lol.gif