• Chelsea want to sign Atalanta left-back Robin Gosens, say reports in Germany 
  • Gosens has scored nine goals and made eight assists this season for Atalanta
  • The 26-year-old has played a key role in his side's Champions League run
  • Blues boss Frank Lampard is looking to strengthen the left-back area this year
  • source: Mail Online

1 hour ago, driller97 said:

How does he compare with Tagliafico? Because he's my number 1 choice at the moment

Played more of a wing back role at Atalanta. I imagine he is on the short list but I don't think he is the guy. I think we're looking for more defensive balance.

Who ???? I have honestly never even heard of this guy and I have a Football Index account. To be fair I had not heard of Tagliafico either until Chelsea were linked with him.

Opinions on both are welcome gents !!

Posted (edited)

Goal/assist average season 19/20

Gosens 0.46 (10 goals, 8 assists in 39 appearances)
Tagliafico 0.32 (5 goals, 7 assists in 38 appearances)
Chilwell 0.21 (3 goals, 4 assists in 33 appearances)
Emerson 0.05 (no goals, 1 assist in 20 appearances)

https://football-observatory.com/-profile-78733-75950

Make of that what you will.

Edited by the special one

12 minutes ago, the special one said:

Goal/assist average season 19/20

Gosens 0.46 (10 goals, 8 assists in 39 appearances)
Tagliafico 0.32 (5 goals, 7 assists in 38 appearances)
Chilwell 0.21 (3 goals, 4 assists in 33 appearances)
Emerson 0.05 (no goals, 1 assist in 20 appearances)

https://football-observatory.com/-profile-78733-75950

Make of that what you will.

Why the f**k would anyone (especially here at Chelsea) give a sh*t about goals and assists from a LB?

We need someone who can defend for f**ks sake, and all this is telling me is that he's another worse version of Alonso which we don't need. As far as attacking wise, Alonso is probably one of the best in the world as a LB, but defensively he is shocking and thats what we mainly need to look at.

He isnt a left back, but i like his aggression, and he is a good footballer, with good strength and speed. 

If we signed him plus an actual left back, and replaced alonso and emerson, then it makes sense, it gives us the option to go to a 3. 

I would rather keep alonso though, senior figure, and he has a lead title under his belt. 

Atalanta have a very set way of playing aswell, so it is by no means a given he can replicate his form here. 

Posted (edited)
On 23/07/2020 at 16:50, big blue said:

He isnt a left back, but i like his aggression, and he is a good footballer, with good strength and speed. 

If we signed him plus an actual left back, and replaced alonso and emerson, then it makes sense, it gives us the option to go to a 3. 

I would rather keep alonso though, senior figure, and he has a lead title under his belt. 

Atalanta have a very set way of playing aswell, so it is by no means a given he can replicate his form here. 

Explains his lack of pace 

Edited by Chelsbear