if you want sexy footy, watch barca now

The Brit

they're 3-1 up against zaragoza inside 25 mins and could have had 6-7 no joke before half-time...many things annoy me about the club from our run-ins in the past, but credit where it's due...messi maybe a diving cheat but he looks the best player in the world right now...if roman wants chelsea to play like this then good luck avram!

messi maybe a diving cheat but he looks the best player in the world right now

And has done for some time IMO.

But of course if we do happen to raid Barca and get one of their players it will be the one that's passed his best with the big goofy teeth icon_rolleyes.gif

Barca were awesome going forward, but Zaragoza were shocking. They had no idea how to cope and looked like they gave up after Messi's second.

You won't see Barca destroy a team like Milan in that way ( or a Mourinho team icon_sad.gif ) and defensively they are still very vulnerable.

Messi does look something very special, but I thought Iniesta was terrific too.

Messi has stated on a number of occasions that he sees himself as a Barca player for life. Now obviously this doesn't actually mean he will never leave Barca however I would think it means he will not be leaving in the near future unless we offer the kind of money that will make us total footballing scumbags in the eyes of the world.

Barca would also be under a lot of pressure to not sell him.

To be honest though, the only time I've seen him really dive was the Del Horno incident. I don't think he is a serial diver like Robben or Ronaldo or (now it seems) Saha icon_rolleyes.gif

I might be wrong. But his talent is certainly not in question. The lad is awesome.

To be honest though, the only time I've seen him really dive was the Del Horno incident. I don't think he is a serial diver like Robben or Ronaldo or (now it seems) Saha icon_rolleyes.gif

I might be wrong. But his talent is certainly not in question. The lad is awesome.

To be honest what he did, almost any one of our players would have done the same thing in that situation. It was sh*t because it was us, if it happened to them we would have shrugged and said these things happen, and everyone does it. Would love to see Messi in blue, but doubt it would ever happen

I am entirely in line with what Kev says. I hate diving passionately, for me it is the largest contributor to ruining the pleasure I get from the game. However until such time as we are prepared to point the finger at our own we are guilty of mass hypocrisy if we get holier than thou about another player.

I am delighted to see that Drogba has cleaned up his act a huge amount because if he hadn't then I would detest him despite hs goals. I wish Robben was still with us but only if he had also cleaned up his act and I was mortified when Maka took that dive against Monaco in the champions league.

I love football, always have, always will but until the various footballing bodies get their fingers out of their posteriors and make a significant and effective stand against diving there is always going to be a part of the game that leaves me very cold.

barcelona play football from the gods at their best.

I'd swap a lot of defensive stability for some of that... in any case, JT and carlvaho are better than any central defence they can offer.

and messi is confirming himself as a god- he's incredible... watching him and riquelme in the summer you could sense he was ready to really step it up this season.

Glad someone started oa thread on this

I agree... Messi is looking awesome and has done for a while.

Forget Ronnie, Roman... break the bank for this guy !!

Players like that don't get sold often. Once they're a superstar at a top club, its usually too late to think about buying them. The trick is to scout these players out before they join a top club or even better, develop them through your youth system.

In other words, instead of buying the Kaka's and Messi's of this world, we should be concentrating on buying the next Ronaldinho or the next Kaka.

Archived