You don't know what you're doing.

blizeH

No, not Grant - you lot!

I really cannot understand how quickly everyone has jumped on the 'Grant is useless' bandwagon, and anyone chanting this at the game yesterday should be ashamed of themselves IMHO.

First of all, thanks to the guy for posting some of this info in the Newcastle thread, but of our currently suspended/injured players, we could field this team:

Cech

Ferreira, Carvalho, Terry, Cole

Makalele, Lampard, Essien, Malouda

Shevchenko, Drogba.

I'm not trying to make excuses, but I fail to believe there's any team that'd get good results with that many key/first team players out, so getting a 1-0 win against Newcastle is a great achievement.

Secondly, our form is actually rather good: http://stats.football365.co.uk/dom/ENG/PR/oform.html (doesn't even include yesterday's game)

So, what exactly is the problem here? A lot of people are moaning at his substitution decisions, and whilst he may not quite have the impact with his subs that Jose did (tbh, who does?) I think he still seems like a good manager and rarely can you argue with his squad choice or set-up.

No, not Grant - you lot!

I really cannot understand how quickly everyone has jumped on the 'Grant is useless' bandwagon, and anyone chanting this at the game yesterday should be ashamed of themselves IMHO.

First of all, thanks to the guy for posting some of this info in the Newcastle thread, but of our currently suspended/injured players, we could field this team:

Cech

Ferreira, Carvalho, Terry, Cole

Makalele, Lampard, Essien, Malouda

Shevchenko, Drogba.

I'm not trying to make excuses, but I fail to believe there's any team that'd get good results with that many key/first team players out, so getting a 1-0 win against Newcastle is a great achievement.

Secondly, our form is actually rather good: http://stats.football365.co.uk/dom/ENG/PR/oform.html (doesn't even include yesterday's game)

So, what exactly is the problem here? A lot of people are moaning at his substitution decisions, and whilst he may not quite have the impact with his subs that Jose did (tbh, who does?) I think he still seems like a good manager and rarely can you argue with his squad choice or set-up.

A 2-1 win actually. But yes you are right. Whoever was booing dusnt know wat he was doing.

I was in the Shed and didn't chant that (I was too busy trying to get a Joey Barton type song going, no one else joined in icon_sad.gif ) - and I know people on here also feel the same way. Most fans were just frustrated yesterday and took it out on Grant, I'm sure the man himself would prefer that than the fans abusing the players.

I'll reserve my judgement till he gets the players he wants in from the transfer windows and we begin to play 'his way'. I know we have some of the best players on the planet but I don't think some people realise you can't change your playing style over night... Jose had a whole Summer, which meant he could buy players, start them from scratch and get into them mentally to turn us from a 'nearly there' team under CR to winners.

Aaaaaaaaanyway, some people won't give him a chance even if we win all 4 trophies. They're the ones not worth worrying about.

It was just sad listening to the chants. Grant has done really well in what has been a blooody hard period with all the furore and loss of players.

Yet these guys who live in the past and will not move on start up these chants...makes us sound like West Ham for Christs sake...

WHEN DID WE BECOME WEST HAM?

As far as i am concerned I turn up to SUPPORT the team. That includes the manager. Does chanting down the manager orr players help or support us? It never has and never will do!

AvingYa.gif

If Cole was taken off for Pizzaro as I hear(I missed the game 346.gif ), is it possible some of the boos were for Pizza? Judging by just how **** he has been for us

No. The boos were aimed at Grant for taking Joe off. Stupid really. Even if he wasn't injured it was hardly as if he was playing well.

The "don't know what you're doing" chants were when Ballack was subbed.

That makes it even mroe pathetic. Ballack who has not played a full 90 minutes all season and was clearly looking out of puff.

It is bizarre how many people are prepared to pay very good money to go and see a club playing in a sport that they haven't the slightest bloody clue about.

Guest Brian M

The fans pay their money and have the right to chant pretty much what they want, IMHO.

And, in their defence: Grant doesn't know what he's doing. As somebody posted elsewhere, this is JM's team running on left over JM steam. When he's needed to change things against the big teams (Manure, Arse) Grant has been found wanting. The same will happen in the CL unless Grant makes some very impressive buys that hit the ground running.

Irrespective of what they have a right to do there is still a cetain irony to people chanting 'You don't know what you're doing' over a decision that anyone with even a semblance of intelligence could recognise was a necessary one.

I think it was obvious that the boo'ers didn't know Joe was injured. While obviously nobody should boo, I think Joe looked the most likely to create something and was quite frustrating. Joe going off I think also gave more of the game to Newcastle. Injured or just subbed, Joe didn't look happy.

Obviously a very frustrating game for everyone, but to boo Avram? It's not really on is it, and not only that, its embarressing to show to the away fans.

I admit I miss Jose, but feel quite sorry for Avram. Brian is right, hes an 'admin' man with a book of 'names and numbers', I hope he can be management material but clearly at the moment, isn't!

Booing was harsh but was a result of substitutions that looked decidedly dodgy at the time!

One of Mourinho's strengths was making a tactical change or substitution to turn the game. Over the last few games Grant's subs seem to have been pretty useless. But I agree we have to give him some time and with the injuries we have his options are somewhat limited.

We've high expectations at home and the fans don't want to settle for a draw - the old days where we expected to lose every game were so much easier!! icon_wink.gif

Guest Brian M
I admit I miss Jose, but feel quite sorry for Avram. Brian is right, hes an 'admin' man with a book of 'names and numbers', I hope he can be management material but clearly at the moment, isn't!

I'm pretty sure this is the only book he's working from, Mod... icon_wink.gif

football%20for%20dummies.jpg

not surprised that Grant copped it, not saying it was right...I have had a sense all along that the first sign of trouble and people would turn on him...I think most people see it as the players who have been getting the results and Grant has added little, to be fair not much has changed apart from pushing for another goal maybe when we're 2-0 up...let's be honest jose is still in most fans' hearts and it will take a lot of time, good results and trophies for Grant to get any respect.

I am not AG's biggest fan as most on here know but i thought the booing yesterday was wrong. JC was not having a great game and MB was shagged having just coming back from injury. Besides the fact the game was still there to be won and i thought it was more productive to support the team during the match and voice any opinions i had/have after.

I would however have thought about keeping JC out there especially if AG knew MB did'nt have 90mins in him and given JC a chance inside when Sinclair came on but if JC was injured then theres not much choice.

I will say however, and its something i have said since his appointment that it was only a matter of time/bad perfomances or dodgy results before the crowd had a go at AG.

There are 2 main reasons a manager loses his job. 1 is if he losses the dressing room and 2 is if he losses the terraces and AG has never really had either of them IMO.

Joe picked up an injury Glory - that is why he was taken off.

Oh right loz,I didn't have a clue that he had a knock.

From the North Lower it sometimes can be very difficult to pick up on details as the match is thundering on.

But they shouldn't have got on his back at 1-1.

Some even started chanting for Jose and thats just pathetic in my opinion.

I realise that things have changed,we have to lower our expectations and increase our support for the team.

The Jose days have gone......

..... and with him went everything else that has happened in his 3 years.

Some need to except that and move on!

And by the way im enjoying being far from the safety of Jose and his football...

....because no one has a f**king clue whats going to happen next!!

What a buzz it was when we nicked it on Saturday!!

COME ON YOU BLUES!

WE DONE THE T*TTENH*M

WE DONE THE STOKE

WE WENT TO FULHAM.... OH WHAT A JOKE.

WE WENT TO COVENTRY.....WE MADE EM RUN!

WE WENT TO RANGERS TO TAKE THE DRUM!

LA LA LA LA LA LA.

I love how a lot of fans think Jose could do no wrong; yes he was a great tactician, but as far as his signings were concerned I honestly don't think he did very well. Carvalho and Essien are absolutely outstanding, but on the whole I've been pretty unimpressed and I honestly don't think our first team is as good as it was during Ranieri's last year when we played some amazing football (and JM's first year or two as well before he changed everything). Give me some of this any day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCNFJAz8xO4

Guest Brian M
Give me some of this any day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCNFJAz8xO4

Spot on. That is the greatest football match I have ever seen. Not meaning to hide behind hyperbole here, but I think it is. At the very least it's the greatest Chelsea match I've ever seen. Even watching the highlights on that really pixilated youtube clip, the hairs were up on the back of my neck.

Now THAT'S the team spirit we need! And that's the attacking football we need. (we'll, counter-attacking football anyway). We really need to break with speed like that again. Not in the really slow-slow-slow-quick-slow build up style we use now, which gives the opposition time to get everyone back behind the ball.

I think it was obvious that the boo'ers didn't know Joe was injured. While obviously nobody should boo, I think Joe looked the most likely to create something and was quite frustrating. Joe going off I think also gave more of the game to Newcastle. Injured or just subbed, Joe didn't look happy.

Obviously a very frustrating game for everyone, but to boo Avram? It's not really on is it, and not only that, its embarressing to show to the away fans.

Well it's about time people started sticking up for my new boyfriend Avram. I personally was much more in love with my previous guy Jose but he ran off to Portugal the good looking swine and left me with toad of toad hall as payback. icon_wink.gif

Ironic as someone said that they said "you don't know what you're doing" to Grant about Ballack when it was clear he had to come off because he was getting tired - in fact he should have come off way earlier.

To be fair as one can to the boo boys they had no idea Joe was injured at the time, he didn't look it. Even if Joe was injured, I have to admit he didn't look that pleased about it which seemed odd - can't have felt he was that badly hurt. Okay he was not stellar but I still think the sub gave Newcastle unnecessary hope.

I don't believe that people have the right to yell abuse at players, managers or officials just because they pay money to get in.

They don't have the right to yell racist abuse do they? So why is stuff slightly below this considered acceptable? I realise Grant was not actually getting any of this kind of abuse but it's linked in a way. What sickens me is that parents will yell the most disgusting things at someone at a game with their young children standing right next to them. Alan Green mentioned he overhead one parent during a game saying something despicable over and over again and his young son was right there listening to his father.

If you said something similar to someone walking past you in the street you would probably get punched or the police would be called but for some reason people think paying money to enter a football ground absolves you of behaving like a decent human being.

So no boos for Grant at the Fulham game or any other game for that matter, it's just embarrassing.

As for Grant and his management skills, well I do have a growing uneasy feeling despite the good run that he really does have that football book for dummies under his seat during games just in case wrapped in a Chelsea blue cover. icon_lol.gif

And Brian, regarding your wish for more of the same a la the Barca game (love that clip), Grant said in a recent football that counterattacking football of the type practised by Jose at it's best is now old fashioned and not very successful anymore - he's read the book and done the percentages apparently. So tough luck! icon_rolleyes.gif

Happy New Year everyone - well it is for me just about now. 429.gif And lets hope that Grant can take us onwards to a successful 2008. I've got to stick by my new boyfriend now, it's not proving easy though. actions1.gif He keeps on asking me back to his place after games to see if I want to do something attractive, positive and attacking with him just like his football - I just say no!

I love how a lot of fans think Jose could do no wrong; yes he was a great tactician, but as far as his signings were concerned I honestly don't think he did very well. Carvalho and Essien are absolutely outstanding, but on the whole I've been pretty unimpressed and I honestly don't think our first team is as good as it was during Ranieri's last year when we played some amazing football (and JM's first year or two as well before he changed everything). Give me some of this any day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCNFJAz8xO4

Jose made a lot of mistakes, it's ridiculous to say he was perfect or never made miscalculations, that's just being blind to the facts.

That said, what about Drogba and Mikel?

They are not bad players - Mikel is more a future great player for me but I still think he's no dud even now.

Giving us Riccy and getting hold of Essien as you say were good things. As for Sheva, Bhoula et al. icon_rolleyes.gif

He was no where near as good as Wenger at talent spotting (but then few are) but he was not the worst either.

And considering we are still none the wiser if Roman, Arnesen et all got their sticky hands involved in some of these deals as constant rumours seemed to suggest, I'm willing to cut him some slack on player buys a little more than I would if had not been working for a club with a million and one bosses apparently wanting to all impress Roman and get brownie points.

Archived