35 MILLION FOR BerBatov !!!

'Berbatov will go' - claim

Aston Villa midfielder Stilian Petrov believes his compatriot Dimitar Berbatov will leave Spurs.

Former Bulgaria captain Petrov says Berbatov - who has been linked both to Manchester United and Chelsea - is ambitious and has the talent to match his goals.

His comments come after the compatriots faced each other at Villa Park on New Year's Day, a game which Villa won late on 2-1.

Petrov told the Daily Mail: "Dimitar is a very ambitious guy and he will get what he wants because he is top quality, a world-class player.

Dangerous

"The last two seasons he has been very dangerous.

"I'm not surprised that the big teams are looking at him. I hope he fulfils his ambitions. Obviously, he also wants to be happy and I hope that he will be when everything is all over.

"He is under a lot of pressure right now to score goals and all of a sudden there is this saga over whether he is going to leave.

"That affects a player out on the pitch. So it is important for him to be happy. I know he will make the right decision for him."

Amid the speculation surrounding Berbatov, Spurs' boss Juande Ramos has insisted he does not want to lose his star player.

Detrimental

Ramos said: "His departure would be detrimental to the team and I've made clear my views since I arrived here."

Spurs and England keeper Paul Robinson also hopes Berbatov will stay at White Hart Lane to fire Spurs up the league.

He said: "He is a fantastic player and a top talent and if we want to be going the right way we need to keep players like him.

"Hopefully we can get to the Carling Cup final this year and hopefully with a new manager we can build on results and start climbing the table.

"We are making progress, it is slow progress, but we are going the right way, up the table

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 94,00.html

I wouldn't want us to pay £3.5m for Berbatov, let alone £35m. He's a good player, when he wants to be, but that's the problem - if he isn't happy about something, he switches off. In short, he's a temperamental whinging selfish git. Thinking about it though, that could describe about 95% of premiership players icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif

We're not desperate enough to waste that kind of money - surely Roman must have learnt by now that spending big bucks doesn't guarantee success. If he's happy to pay out that kind of dosh, then let's get a player in who's actually worth that much.

Crazy talk and crazy money.

He's not worth that by a long shot and if MU pay that for someone who doesn't seem imbued with the team spirit a lot of the time unless he's playing non stop they would be mad.

And we would be mad if we paid out too.

Hasn't Roman learnt his lesson yet?

He's not worth that by a long shot and if MU pay that for someone who doesn't seem imbued with the team spirit a lot of the time unless he's playing non stop they would be mad.

Well to be fair on Roman £30 mill isn't really money for him. It's like dust in a corner. icon_rolleyes.gif

Well to be fair on Roman £30 mill isn't really money for him. It's like dust in a corner. icon_rolleyes.gif

Ooomph ! icon_lol.gif

I think this is a sure sign that Berbatov is on his way out. Spurs are just doing what Marseille, Lyon, Manchester City, Blackburn etc. did - try to inflate the price because they know that Chelsea are interested.

Seville tried it with Alves in the summer, and we stood our ground and made them look pretty silly. They were quite happy to sell to Liverpool or Madrid for 15 million, but wanted 25 million from us. In the end, the egg ended up firmly on Seville's face - they ended up with no money, and an unhappy, unmotivated player who is nowhere near the form of last season.

I hope we take a firm stance on this and tell the y*dos to F***ing stick it! 35 million is an obscene amount of money for Berbatov (just as 30 mill was for Sheva...will we ever learn?). I hope that we tell them to keep Berba and go sign someone else from the continent for about 12 million. we need to, as a club, firm up our stance in the transfer market as we did with the Alves saga.

Hopefully then, and only then, will people start realizing that we will pay market value, and no more, for any player.

Also, I think this is a lot of press BS...."oh look, Chelsea are sniffing about another striker.....hhhmmmmm, how much do we think they'll pay for this one?"

"I don't know, but they paid 30 mill for Sheva, so surely they'll pay 35 mill for someone who's scored more goals this season!"

Scott

Would almost be worth the money (for Berba) just to see Spurs well and truly collapse when Ramos walks out barely two months after joining :lol:

Would he hell.

Daniel Levy: Really sorry about having to sell Berbatov Juande but look on the bright side, you still have a few strikers plus here is £35m for you to spend

Ramos: I am preparing myself to forgive you, now lets start spending!

No way in hell do I want us to give Spurs anything like that kind of money (and I don't believe that that is the kind of price tag it would take)

Breaks the British transfer record with 35 million; is Berbatov really worth more than old shevchenko? Please Abramovic don't "show off"!!!!!

Not worth it, go for Huntelaar. (16 goals so far in the endrevise)

Kezman scored alot of goals there too and see how well he turned out for us icon_rolleyes.gif

Little snippet from the current artcle on The Sun's website (which means just about as much as tribalfootball but hey ho)

Chelsea have told Berbatov to prove he wants to play for them.

Berbatov’s representatives believe they have a verbal agreement on a 3½-year Blues deal which would hoist his salary from £35,000 a week to £90,000.

But agents acting for the club are insisting the player should demand a transfer and force the situation.

Avram Grant wants a new hitman in place urgently.

If Berbatov’s situation becomes protracted, Chelsea will move instead for Bolton’s Nicolas Anelka. He would cost less than half Berbatov’s fee.

Archived