The calm after the storm

aliboy66

I've calmed down now its amazing what alcohol 431.gif can do.What happened yesterday was bad very very bad, it got me thinking do the players really care about chelsea as much as we the fans do?.What i saw was 11 player running around at a school match a part from joe cole.Who's to blame is it the players i think so or the manager or the fans for thinking chelsea have turned the conner!,is our season over? or am i becoming a sing when your winning fan need answers frustrated fan actions1.gif::Scalf:: blue is still the colour

I've calmed down now its amazing what alcohol 431.gif can do.What happened yesterday was bad very very bad, it got me thinking do the players really care about chelsea as much as we the fans do?.What i saw was 11 player running around at a school match a part from joe cole.Who's to blame is it the players i think so or the manager or the fans for thinking chelsea have turned the conner!,is our season over? or am i becoming a sing when your winning fan need answers frustrated fan actions1.gif::Scalf:: blue is still the colour

I think we are not going to win anything this season. There just isn't any unifying factor or winning element in our team. Jose is wearing off day by day. I think we are going close to CL final but lose in the end, I think we will catch Arse and Manu in the league but lose in the end. Our quality hides the fact that our team is clueless, this really is the post-jose dog day morning.

I really hope that players like Terry and Ballack can kick the winning habit back to our team with their example. After all the players on the pitch play the game, not the management. At the moment I want Grant out and I think it will happen in the summer but the players should realise the season isn't over yet and they should shut all the irrelevant stuff to the background and concentrate on making the team better. I would think that losing to Barnsley makes players think. If you think of it someone like Sheva is making 130k a week and he plays for the reserves. Don't know the salaries in Championship sides but I guess their whole team doesn't make that in a week, maybe month. And still they show better football than our rich boys.

Calm? Last night I couldn't face anyone. Didn't go out, took the phone off the hook. Turned the TV off almost immediately after the final whistle and haven't turned it, or the radio on since. I watched a couple of episodes of Married With Children and later some crap old horror fillum in a vain attempt to drive the true horror of yesterday's performance towards the back of my mind. This morning I'm still a little numb, to put it mildly. It's going to be a longggggggggggg day.

Calm? Last night I couldn't face anyone. Didn't go out, took the phone off the hook. Turned the TV off almost immediately after the final whistle and haven't turned it, or the radio on since. I watched a couple of episodes of Married With Children and later some crap old horror fillum in a vain attempt to drive the true horror of yesterday's performance towards the back of my mind. This morning I'm still a little numb, to put it mildly. It's going to be a longggggggggggg day.

I had to go straight into work (I work in a pub) after game and I can tell you I wasn't looking forward to it sadwalk.gif

Same here. I didnt even watch Sunday Supplement this morning. Will be avoiding sky for the next few days and i cant see me buying a paper until Thursday.

Thinking about catching up on my correspondence today. Start drinking about 3pm i reckon.

Long and painful day at work tommorow.

and later some crap old horror fillum .

CArrie? That is what I ended up watching in the very early hours after as I sunk into my thrid bottle of wine.

Fear In The Night. Judy Geeson's in it. So is Joan Collins but I've never really liked her.

I am trying to ignore the fact that I have to go into work tomorrow - it is going to be horrific, face to face piss taking, phone calls, e-mails... I fully expect the lot!

I am trying to ignore the fact that I have to go into work tomorrow - it is going to be horrific, face to face piss taking, phone calls, e-mails... I fully expect the lot!

Face to face piss taking? Face to face piss taking was walking frigging miles back to the car through a sea of Red and White scarves, wearing your Chelsea top and having to listen to comments like:- "you should give your sticks to your players love, they obviously need 'em more than you do." "I'll give you 50p for your top - 'cos that's all it's worth". "Not so mouthy now are you?" "How many millions?" "Oh look, there goes Abromovich's helicopter hahahaha" etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc,etc, etc,etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc,etc, etc,etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc,etc, etc,etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc,etc, etc,

It was the longest walk and I am so SLOW - I've never been more frustrated.

Jane

sorry you had to suffer the wrath of those northern monkeys but football brings out the worst in people and Jealousy is never a good emotion,

Barnsley deserved their reward and have put two teams out who thought they could just turn up to win, let them have their bit of media attention the players deserved it and ours did'nt.

My Stepsons getting some stick, he is the Barnsley youth team Goalkeeper and a leeds supporter with a soft spot for Chelsea (my influence)

he has been telling them how they were gonna get stuffed and even had me put a 0-5 bet on for him,

He was still wearing his JT shirt though and telling them we just never turned up and they'll likely get knocked out next round.

Oh Loz, its just like the old days isn't it?

The days of Hurst, Blachflower, Hollins etc, and with this tw*t, we have another total loser as Manager. God I wish this was just an episode of "Ashes to Ashes" and I couyld wake up back in Jose time !!!! ChElSea2.gif

Jane

sorry you had to suffer the wrath of those northern monkeys but football brings out the worst in people and Jealousy is never a good emotion,

Barnsley deserved their reward and have put two teams out who thought they could just turn up to win, let them have their bit of media attention the players deserved it and ours did'nt.

My Stepsons getting some stick, he is the Barnsley youth team Goalkeeper and a leeds supporter with a soft spot for Chelsea (my influence)

he has been telling them how they were gonna get stuffed and even had me put a 0-5 bet on for him,

He was still wearing his JT shirt though and telling them we just never turned up and they'll likely get knocked out next round.

Oh I know Chippy. My problem was in days of yore I could and would have given as good as I got, and been able to leg it if I'd "overdone" it. Sadly those days are gone, and also I'd promised the mum of the lad who'd taken me that I would look after him, so I kept very quiet and just smiled in response. When we got back to the car he said - They're not very nice people from Barnsley are they - the things they were saying to you was bang out of order. Bless!

The Barnsley team definitely deserved their win, they came out to win and they were determined.

The difference between yesterday and the "good old days" was that for all the money we've spent we should have walked it and we didn't. We've come to expect to win and on yesterday's evidence we're deluding ourselves and in the past the piss taking was more bout banter of teams being in similar postions, winning sometimes, losing sometimes, no money in the kitty to buy the big players. But now, what's our excuse to lose to a side like Barnsley in the way that we did? It wasn't a fluke, I could have lived with that.

I feel sorry for your stepson, at least we got to go home, he's got to stay there and listen to it everyday until they get knocked out. That must be really painful.

Oh the pain....

For once I scurried away... I could not face the stick...

After settling myself on getting hammered last night I thought this morning would wake me up after the bad dream...

Not so... hungover... and still feel awful....

Reflection though is a good cure. All them years of standing in literally a shed, complaining that we were sh*te when we actually were sh*te... just puts things in a little bit of perspective.. woohoo.gif

Reflection though is a good cure. All them years of standing in literally a shed, complaining that we were sh*t when we actually were sh*t... just puts things in a little bit of perspective.. woohoo.gif

I have to disagree with you there. Perspective changes with current expectations - and I speak as someone who stood on the terraces in the Shed and North Stand throughout the '70s and most of the'80s, and throughout that time went to away games very regularly. I've seen as lose 7-1 at Wolves, 6-0 at Rotherham, 1-0 at Crewe, and I've seen us get knocked out of the Cup Winners Cup by Atvidaberg. Of course there were more (many more) but those are the ones that stand out.

The first two, well we were crap at the time(s) but even so, the scale of those defeats was shocking. We weren't exactly world beaters when we lost to Crewe but we were 2 or 3 divisions above them and so went there justifiably full of confidence. And as for Atvidaberg, that single game, the last we played in Europe for over 20 years, to my mind marked a turning point - from that point onward we were never in with a chance of winning anything - not until the recent revival that began with Glenn Hoddle and, well I don't need to write a full history to make my point. Which is simply this - history can make a victory all the sweeter but doesn't make a defeat like yesteday's any easier to take.

Reflection though is a good cure. All them years of standing in literally a shed, complaining that we were sh*t when we actually were sh*t... just puts things in a little bit of perspective.. woohoo.gif

I have to disagree with you there. Perspective changes with current expectations - and I speak as someone who stood on the terraces in the Shed and North Stand throughout the '70s and most of the'80s, and throughout that time went to away games very regularly. I've seen as lose 7-1 at Wolves, 6-0 at Rotherham, 1-0 at Crewe, and I've seen us get knocked out of the Cup Winners Cup by Atvidaberg. Of course there were more (many more) but those are the ones that stand out.

The first two, well we were crap at the time(s) but even so, the scale of those defeats was shocking. We weren't exactly world beaters when we lost to Crewe but we were 2 or 3 divisions above them and so went there justifiably full of confidence. And as for Atvidaberg, that single game, the last we played in Europe for over 20 years, to my mind marked a turning point - from that point onward we were never in with a chance of winning anything - not until the recent revival that began with Glenn Hoddle and, well I don't need to write a full history to make my point. Which is simply this - history can make a victory all the sweeter but doesn't make a defeat like yesteday's any easier to take.

I disagree bout the not in a chance of winning anything..........The season Orient knocked us out (when the walls fell down) we had a great chance that year of the FA Cup likewise the Sunderland game, had we beat em im sure we would have at least reached the final.........I like you went to those games you mention along with many other nightmare ones........What i think distingishes us from the other fans in London(top flight ones) is that perspective that we do remember the sh*te days of which there were many which other fans cannot comprehend.

Yeah I remember that Orient game. The Vetch away was another one where far more Chelsea fans turned up than they could cope with. But anyway, I don't deny that there was the odd spark of hope during the bad old days (for want of a better phrase), the point remains that expectations generally were far lower than they are these days.

It's very true that living through the bad times helps you to appreciate the good times, and by Christ did we go through some sh*t!

Yeah I remember that Orient game. The Vetch away was another one where far more Chelsea fans turned up than they could cope with. But anyway, I don't deny that there was the odd spark of hope during the bad old days (for want of a better phrase), the point remains that expectations generally were far lower than they are these days.

It's very true that living through the bad times helps you to appreciate the good times, and by Christ did we go through some sh*t!

We certainly did mate..........i spose a QF defeat by Barnsley pales into insignifigance compared to 10 mins away from the old Third Division (thank you Clive happy0034.gif

i think the biggest mistake grant made last week was claiming were now concentating on the champions league. it gave the players the wrong mindset for a game like barnsley. and i hate when managers do that. they should be concentrating on winning every game left this season, no matter what competition. and for that, plus the barnsely debacle, i now find myself firmy in the grant out camp.

Removed my 'FA CUP and League Cup Holders' screensaver after amending it from Champions for the previous 2 years running.

The club is certainly going in a 'new; direction isn't it 300.gif

I've had more stick today from Spurs fans than when they beat us in the final!

Oh the shame...............

Archived