Inter confirm our worst fear | Lampard

yogic

"Lampard? We like him, and he's our number one objective," Moratti told Corriere dello Sport.

"Mourinho likes Lampard a lot. We all know that he's a great player."

Moratti also hinted that negotiations with the Blues may have already started, adding: "Has there been contact with Chelsea? I think there has but I don't know yet."

Link - http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 71,00.html

--

Their number one objective? Please God, NO!

Has there been contact with Chelsea? I think there has but I don't know yet.

Not exactly sure is he. And he's the president of Inter? There could well be nothing more to this than Moratti attempting to drum up popularity. It's much too early to start worrying.

Inter and Mourinho wanting Lampard is hardly earth shattering news. The question is, does Lampard want to go to Italy?

I wouldn't think so - he loves Chelsea, he's blue through n through just like Terry. If anything, he should be excited by Big Phil's appointment.

I hope Frank and/or the Club come out and dampen this story soon.

Call me negative, but I think in Frank's mind the time is right for him to leave, and I think, sadly, we are going to lose him.

-I know Scolari is a big appointment about whom we are all excited, and that the season couldve ended on a much higher note, but I think Frank realizes he has no shame in walking away at this point.

-I have to wonder if the pain of last season with what went on personally wasnt too much for him to look for a fresh start for the family.

-And let us not forget the St. Stevens nut grabbers who are always hounding frank in the press, saying he's sh*te, etc.

-I think above all that, though, is the Jose factor. Best coach he has ever had building an empire in Milan? Sounds pretty tempting.

He knows the Chelsea fans love him no matter what happens. If he leaves, I would be sad, but I wouldnt hold it against the man, and understand his decision.

I too feel he may decide to leave. There is no telling how his recent troubles have affected him, but he may feel the time is right to try something different. Good luck to him if he does move on, but it wont be as bad for Chelsea as some are making out. Yes he is a fantastic player who scores a shed load of goals, but there are players as good and better out there who would fill the gap nicely.

The only thing is, I believe Frank loves the club and the supporters, the new man wont, well not immediatley any way.

i cant see super frank goin i honestly believe he wants to stay with us. he has already said on numerous occasions that he wants to so if he leaves ill be very surprised. plus italian sides are experts at tryin to unsettle players and sayin unfounded stuff like this. they have said there is already talks happenin but that doesnt mean we are sellin

he's a complete legend and has nothing left to prove in english football. it would be very very sad to see him leave, but if he did I'd respect him for making the jump into a new kind of football and it, far more than jose (don't get me wrong, he's a legend too), would make me keep a keen eye on inter.

the thing is, if we do switch to a system that uses a no.10 (like deco or vdv for example), that means there is only one spot for lamps and ballack, and to be honest I'd pick the latter right now.

one concern I have is how his possible departure would affect our CL squad.

It seems to me that perhaps the side is moving away from the 4-3-3 and towards a 4-2-3-1 and to be honest, i'm not sure exactly how Lampard would fit in that formation.

Lampard for me is a two way midfielder thats about as two way as they come. I don't see him playing as an advanced attacking midfielder under Scolari and I can't imagine him making the holding role work for him. I think Ballack too may have to adjust his game a little under Scolari, but I feel confident he could play that holding midfielder role perhaps expected of him.

To be perfectly honest, I think Scolari is prepared to let him (Lampard) go, he may even be giving him just a bit of shove.

Inter and Mourinho wanting Lampard is hardly earth shattering news. The question is, does Lampard want to go to Italy?

That's the biggie isn't it? And I don't think anyone really knows for sure, may be even not Frank himself at this moment. However, very shortly he is going to have to make the biggest decision of his career since he joined this club.

I really like Frank a hell of a lot and he works so well with our squad but he's nearing 30 now and he has one big final move left in him, Capello said recently what a good idea it is for English players to go abroad to broaden their horizons and I think Frank being an intelligent soul actually does think about this more than most.

Scholari wants to keep him but we also hear rumours of Deco et al arrivivng, then you have the temptation of joining up with Jose at a club like Inter - difficult one.

I would hate to lose him but may be if Scholari is intent on building a team in a different image to what has gone before he may decide that it's time certain stalwarts were allowed to leave? I don't know. What I do know is that I wish Frank well whatever his decision, he has served this club very well and he seems a thoughtful person - it's his life and you've only got one to live and if he chooses to leave then he shouldn't be criticised for it.

As for Moratti he lets his underlings do the negotiating comings and goings so I'm not surprised he's vague on specifics. It's been reported for a while now by the likes of Gazetta that Lampard is the one Jose wants most out of all the names on his pick list.

To be perfectly honest, I think Scolari is prepared to let him (Lampard) go, he may even be giving him just a bit of shove.

I think so too, I don't feel Scholari and the club will be that devastated if he goes. And I wonder if Frank is looking at Ballack's emergence and news of who may come in and then looked at Inter where surely he will be guaranteed a role and he may decide to take a risk.

This from today's Sun, so of course this is stone wall information:

BIG PHIL SCOLARI will put his arm around Frank Lampard and tell him: Chelsea love you more than Mourinho.

SunSport can reveal [i love it, much better than SkySports "understands"] the new Blues boss plans face-to-face talks with Lamps as soon as Portugal’s interest in Euro 2008 is over.

And Scolari will tell Lampard to ignore Inter Milan, who have announced the England midfielder is their No1 target.

Inter’s interest in Lampard went sky-high once former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho took over at the San Siro.

But Scolari has had a long talk with Blues and Portugal centre-half Ricardo Carvalho and the coach wants to build a team around Lampard.

A source in the Portugal camp revealed: “Scolari is a shrewd operator and has done his homework on the players he has inherited at Chelsea.

“He knows all about Lampard’s contract situation and his personal circumstances at the end of last season.

“But he wants him to be his main man in midfield and enjoy the challenge of working with a new coach.

“Phil knows that Lampard has been crucial to Chelsea’s success under Mourinho and wants him to be part of the new era.â€

Inter president Massimo Moratti admitted yesterday that the England midfielder is their top priority this summer.

Moratti said: “We like Lampard and he’s our No1 objective. Mourinho likes Lampard a lot. We all know that he’s a great player. I think there has been contact with Chelsea but I don’t know yet.â€

SunSport understands [aww there it is!] Chelsea have rebuffed Inter’s approach.

And they will not entertain a bid until they have spoken to Lampard about a new deal, which is unlikely to happen before the beginning of July.

Lampard’s current contract sees his wages increase to £131,000 per week next season.

That will make him joint top earner at Stamford Bridge, alongside skipper John Terry.

Any new deal will have to take that figure as a starting point.

While Mourinho and Scolari could become involved in a fight for Lampard, the Special One has backed Big Phil’s decision to join Chelsea.

Some critics have claimed Scolari has harmed Portugal’s bid for Euro 2008 glory by announcing he is off.

But Mourinho declared: “Who dares criticise Portugal’s coach?

“Would any worker presented with a fantastic offer of work say: ‘I don’t want to, I love my job a lot and I am not interested in change even if it triples my pay?’

“How can a superclub like Chelsea be publicly without a coach for any longer?

“For me everything was normal and even if voices are raised if Portugal are eliminated, I think Scolari acted naturally.

“He had a better financial proposal, a huge sporting project and it was impossible for him to postpone or conceal his choice.â€

----

He says she says they said we understand... :lol:

This from today's Sun, so of course this is stone wall information:

BIG PHIL SCOLARI will put his arm around Frank Lampard and tell him: Chelsea love you more than Mourinho.

SunSport can reveal [i love it, much better than SkySports "understands"] the new Blues boss plans face-to-face talks with Lamps as soon as Portugal’s interest in Euro 2008 is over.

And Scolari will tell Lampard to ignore Inter Milan, who have announced the England midfielder is their No1 target.

Inter’s interest in Lampard went sky-high once former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho took over at the San Siro.

But Scolari has had a long talk with Blues and Portugal centre-half Ricardo Carvalho and the coach wants to build a team around Lampard.

A source in the Portugal camp revealed: “Scolari is a shrewd operator and has done his homework on the players he has inherited at Chelsea.

“He knows all about Lampard’s contract situation and his personal circumstances at the end of last season.

“But he wants him to be his main man in midfield and enjoy the challenge of working with a new coach.

“Phil knows that Lampard has been crucial to Chelsea’s success under Mourinho and wants him to be part of the new era.â€

Inter president Massimo Moratti admitted yesterday that the England midfielder is their top priority this summer.

Moratti said: “We like Lampard and he’s our No1 objective. Mourinho likes Lampard a lot. We all know that he’s a great player. I think there has been contact with Chelsea but I don’t know yet.â€

SunSport understands [aww there it is!] Chelsea have rebuffed Inter’s approach.

And they will not entertain a bid until they have spoken to Lampard about a new deal, which is unlikely to happen before the beginning of July.

Lampard’s current contract sees his wages increase to £131,000 per week next season.

That will make him joint top earner at Stamford Bridge, alongside skipper John Terry.

Any new deal will have to take that figure as a starting point.

While Mourinho and Scolari could become involved in a fight for Lampard, the Special One has backed Big Phil’s decision to join Chelsea.

Some critics have claimed Scolari has harmed Portugal’s bid for Euro 2008 glory by announcing he is off.

But Mourinho declared: “Who dares criticise Portugal’s coach?

“Would any worker presented with a fantastic offer of work say: ‘I don’t want to, I love my job a lot and I am not interested in change even if it triples my pay?’

“How can a superclub like Chelsea be publicly without a coach for any longer?

“For me everything was normal and even if voices are raised if Portugal are eliminated, I think Scolari acted naturally.

“He had a better financial proposal, a huge sporting project and it was impossible for him to postpone or conceal his choice.â€

----

He says she says they said we understand... :lol:

As I mentioned on a similar thread elsewhere, it comes as no surprise to me that Inter were after Lamps first. Jose loves him, and I think he would fit in perfectly over there.

Question is, how much does Frank want to stay? I think he’s made it crystal clear over the years how much he loves the club and us fans, but maybe it’s time for a fresh challenge?

Either way, I know that no Chelsea fan would begrudge him moving on, if he feels the time is right, and I hope that if he does go, that we will line up a suitable young replacement.

As I mentioned on a similar thread elsewhere, it comes as no surprise to me that Inter were after Lamps first. Jose loves him, and I think he would fit in perfectly over there.

Question is, how much does Frank want to stay? I think he’s made it crystal clear over the years how much he loves the club and us fans, but maybe it’s time for a fresh challenge?

Either way, I know that no Chelsea fan would begrudge him moving on, if he feels the time is right, and I hope that if he does go, that we will line up a suitable young replacement.

Any idea who this suitable young replacement might be?

Anyone who tells me there is a better and younger Frank Lampard out there, I will be majorly surprised.

Archived