A Message To The Players Kicking Up A Real Legend In Super Dan

Star

Just seen an interview on sky with Dan Petrescu talking about his life as a coach and hope that one day he will return to Chelsea as Manager.

Forget todays overpaid so called stars, here is a humble guy who played in my opinion the best Chelsea midfield of all time , still stating his love for the club and it's fans despite the massive changes that have happened since he wore his beloved blue.

So Drogba and Lampard ( kiss my badge ... yeah right ) need to look at Dan and see a real legend who knows what it means to play for us not only as a player but as a fan.

Holding the club to ransom is a kin disgrace they should look up and take notice.

Great post, Super Dan even took a pay cut to stay with us.

I've now officially lost interest in players that don't want to play for the club.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Petrescu

In case anyone has any doubts...

''To this day he still considers the time spent at Chelsea as the best part of his playing career and is still loved by the fans, who consider him to be one of the best non-English footballers in the club's history. As a sign of affection and loyalty to the Stamford Bridge based club, he named his daughter Chelsea. This act only further endeared him to the Stamford Bridge faithful.''

Top player, and top bloke.

SUUUUUUUUPER, SUPER DAN!...

Met Dan outside the Bridge about two years ago, he had just been fired from a job in Romania so should probably have been down and tetchy. But he genuinely seemed happy and pleased with our interest in him. He also gave a kiss to my mates 6-year old daughter which m,ade her happy all day.

A truly top top man.

What I would not give for the likes of Drogba and Malouda to have his attitude and sense of loyalty.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Petrescu

In case anyone has any doubts...

''To this day he still considers the time spent at Chelsea as the best part of his playing career and is still loved by the fans, who consider him to be one of the best non-English footballers in the club's history. As a sign of affection and loyalty to the Stamford Bridge based club, he named his daughter Chelsea. This act only further endeared him to the Stamford Bridge faithful.''

Top player, and top bloke.

SUUUUUUUUPER, SUPER DAN!...

Cough cough splutter splutter - you want facts you go here

http://www.theshedend.com/fansite/dan-petrescu.html

:blink:

HEAR FRIGGING HEAR

It has disheartened me over the last few years to see the departure of Guddy and Duffer. In those two players, I saw great club servants who never opened their mouths about where and how they were played. Just got on with it and served the club with an old school sensibility. In my opinion we are short on guys like that.

As for guys like Dan, Sauxy, or Leboeuf who were long time club servants and are not currently wrapped up in management or the like, chelsea should be trying to blood them into scouting or some role at the club. Basically, just get them working within the club structure if they will have it. I would love to look at the club one day and see it set up like Bayern Munich, who have Beckenbaur, Rumminegge and Hoeness calling most of the shots. I think among our former players we have hte right balance of footballing minds and personalities that could make that work. And I have to think they would be much more sympathetic to the fans and footballing concerns of the club than Kenyon or Buck, who are now the apparrent media faces.

Dan gets into my all-time Chelsea XI every time. Was it the 98/99 season where he was the league's top scorer at the end of October? His understanding with Dennis on the pitch was unbelievable and his goals were on the whole fantastic.

I particularly remember being at Selhurst Park in 95 to see him score against Wimbledon in the cup from the most impossible angle - he was virtually on the by-line.

A top top player and Blue through and through. We are right to mention him in the same breath as Chopper, Dennis, Dixon, Eidur and Terry. All blue heroes.

One of the few matches I have seen live at the bridge was Dan's first goal for us against Newcastle.

Amazing player, and I would love to see him back at the bridge in some capacity in the future.

Didn't he turn down a move to Spurs because he didn't think it'd be right, especially as he still owned a place in Chelsea Harbour and he'd named his little girl after us

Top bloke.

I remember 2 girls who used to have Super Dan on their shirts in the MHL stand and he run over a celebrated a few goals with them, on his last game he went over and handed them a shirt each and gave them both a kiss when the players did the lap of honour - top bloke!

Archived