Terry admits Charge!

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I'm wondering if maybe JT isn't as close to a return as he's been made out to be, and so the club have decided to get the ban out of the way while he's still injured icon_wink.gif

That was exactly that I thought when I heard ther news at work today. I reckon he will get a 2 game ban and that may well be the number of games he was going to miss anyway.

I'm wondering if maybe JT isn't as close to a return as he's been made out to be, and so the club have decided to get the ban out of the way while he's still injured icon_wink.gif

That was exactly that I thought when I heard ther news at work today. I reckon he will get a 2 game ban and that may well be the number of games he was going to miss anyway.

I reckon the FA will wait until JT is fit and then hand him his ban (2 games or 10, who knows) icon_rolleyes.gif

this might well show us exactly how much the fa dislike us. remember when shearer was england captain and he booted lennon in the face? got of scot free and it was generally thought the only reason he got off was cos he was england captain.

this might well show us exactly how much the fa dislike us. remember when shearer was england captain and he booted lennon in the face? got of scot free and it was generally thought the only reason he got off was cos he was england captain.

Bryan Robson and Beckham also got away with a hell of a lot when they were England captains - should be interesting

Apparantly the FA will decide his punishment tomorrow.

Good to hear. They will have a tough decision to make. He is a Chelsea player which is bad, really bad. But he is also the captain for England and that is good.

And also, I don't think they dare to mess with the mighty JT icon_twisted.gif

jt.gif

Good to hear. They will have a tough decision to make. He is a Chelsea player which is bad, really bad. But he is also the captain for England and that is good.

jt.gif

Or else the entire CSR membership will storm FA headquarters icon_lol.gif

jt.gif

Or else the entire CSR membership will storm FA headquarters icon_lol.gif

Oohh name the time and place and I'll be that with a black rubber cock (yes, I do mean the animal) icon_eek.gif

my feeling is that a deal has been struck here...the fa don't want to go to war with the england captain and chelsea don't want their captain to get a ban...i reckon the fa said cop a guilty plea and we will let you off with a fine...let's wait and see

It may be the best result for the club but for me JT just lost a little integrity by backing down just to save an inevitable ban. Now people can say he lied, just like Jose did about Frisk icon_rolleyes.gif . If Poll said it then JT should have stuck to his guns. I'm saddened. But I expect I'll be alone in this thought. I know he couldn't hope to win but sometimes someone needs to make a stand and although I'm relieved it's done and dusted with little repurcussion I'm still disappointed. :cry:

It may be the best result for the club but for me JT just lost a little integrity by backing down just to save an inevitable ban. Now people can say he lied, just like Jose did about Frisk icon_rolleyes.gif . If Poll said it then JT should have stuck to his guns. I'm saddened. But I expect I'll be alone in this thought. I know he couldn't hope to win but sometimes someone needs to make a stand and although I'm relieved it's done and dusted with little repurcussion I'm still disappointed. :cry:

I can agree with you but one has to realize that if JT is returning from injury then he knows that the team can't afford to get him banned. Our defence is bad without him and I don't think he would want to take a ban and miss more games then he have to.

But if that is not the reason then I think he made the wrong decision. He could never "beat" the FA but he could still have made a stand.

I'm not sure he loses any integrity. He may have changed his plea to guilty but everyone knows why he did , everyone knows he said it and everyone knows he meant it.

Even the people (media and opposition fans alike) who will use it as an excuse to call him a liar know full well that he meant it and that it is 99% definite there is some truth behind it however they will just ignore that part of their brain when they come to pointing fingers. They are the sort of people who, if they didn't have this, would just find something else so it makes no difference what JT did.

What matters is what JT and Chelsea believe (because you are never going to get away with comments when dealing with the FA like that even if they are 100% bonafide) and that we know that JT made this decision with the best interest of Chelsea at heart.