David Villa

scottish_blue

If this happened my brain would explode from sheer ecstasy, but its chances of coming true are somewhere between slim and none

Not quite....

Villa said that he would like to finish his career in spain but would like to play elsewhere in europe...we could afford him, and once we punt drogba we'll nedd a good replacement.

Not quite....

Villa said that he would like to finish his career in spain but would like to play elsewhere in europe...we could afford him, and once we punt drogba we'll nedd a good replacement.

Right now I am looking at a team who have youngsters and also rans for wingers, and yet we dont seem to be doing even the slightest thing to change it. And David Villa will cost 30-35 million. That is the source of my skepticism.

If it happens, nobody will be happier than I, but after Shevchenko and Drogba, I dont think the team would roll the dice, even if they had the sack of cash in hand. And to be honest, if its not done while he is relatively young (i.e. in the next few years) it wouldnt be worth it because we would be getting another aging striker who might be on top of his game for the next couple of years at the most.

If we manage to offload Drogba in the summer for good money we might be able to invest on a high profile player. We need one or two younger high profile players in the summer anyway if we want to compete in the highest possible level. Villa is right in the top that list for sure.

Well, we tried to make a big money move for a 29 yr old stiker who was even better than David Villa, and wound up with egg on our faces.

If we cant get them releatively young, and let them adjust into the league before their primes come and go, I really dont want to bother. Sadly, I think thats what will happen with Villa, if he were to ever move here. Valencia would get every last drop out of him, and then gladly take 25-35 million quid off us to see if he can make the jump to England.

Bentiez, with his 3/45 success ratio with transfers, actually had it right when he bought Torres. Young, motivated, quick, and though he is a bit injury prone, he now knows the English league well. Its always a gamble getting a player for that much, but unless we were to get David Villa in the next 6-12 months, or on the cheap, neither of which will happen, id rather look elsewhere

Why not go for Robinho with the walking out due to Chelsea renewing interest. David would be worth it but we need a winger and I would prefer a winger. Yes, he is 27 but that doesn't mean he can't do what a 23 year old can do. Robinho or David Silva (still a decent player), David Villa or Aguero. That's what I think.

What the truth is about the Robinho incident will probably not come out for a while however lets for a second pretend the truth is that he dud walk out of the club and tantrum his way back to Brazil. This after only being at the club half a season.

Is that the sort of person we want at Chelsea? Personally, no it isn't.

Frankly, no.

It could've been sour grapes, but I think someone from Real Madrid did say Robinho's a bit unstable around the time when it started to look certain that he would move to England.

What the truth is about the Robinho incident will probably not come out for a while however lets for a second pretend the truth is that he dud walk out of the club and tantrum his way back to Brazil. This after only being at the club half a season.

if it s true and were really swapping drogba for him, then i think its a straight swap. one petulant, immature trouble maker for another. not a good idea really.

if it s true and were really swapping drogba for him, then i think its a straight swap. one petulant, immature trouble maker for another. not a good idea really.

No offense lads but Drogba is worth nowhere near as much as Robinho. A straight swap is not going to happen and considering as someone esle just said, you don't have the money for Zhirkov I really doubt you would have the cash fro Robinho.

In the words of my Dad, and I have to agree with him, he's a prat.

:D

No offense lads but Drogba is worth nowhere near as much as Robinho. A straight swap is not going to happen and considering as someone esle just said, you don't have the money for Zhirkov I really doubt you would have the cash fro Robinho.

i didnt mean in monetary terms, i meant in the way they act.

Been a few times to the MCFC forum I noticed you repeat the same mantra that City fans seem to be very fond of. Whenever the subject of Robinho to Chelsea pops up it's the same reply :"But they can't afford him", "they have no money",etc. It seems the more you say it the more you believe it.

Truth is, for top quality players the money'll be there. We were ready to pay for Robinho in August, weren't we? Since those kind of players are rarely if ever available midseason it's most likely that we'll go after them in the summer. Whether Robinho will be one of them (I doubt it) remains to be seen.

Incidentally, having lots of money doesn't seem to be working wonders for you so far in terms of attracting star players but your wage bill is getting bigger by a minute.

Been a few times to the MCFC forum I noticed you repeat the same mantra that City fans seem to be very fond of. Whenever the subject of Robinho to Chelsea pops up it's the same reply :"But they can't afford him", "they have no money",etc. It seems the more you say it the more you believe it.

Truth is, for top quality players the money'll be there. We were ready to pay for Robinho in August, weren't we? Since those kind of players are rarely if ever available midseason it's most likely that we'll go after them in the summer. Whether Robinho will be one of them (I doubt it) remains to be seen.

I would like to believe you, Abramovich, but something must have changed between now and the summer. We are crying out now for creative wide players even more than we were back then. And yet its all quiet on the western front.

Even if our owner has taken a severe hit in his wallet, he surely has to see that the prize money for winning major honors at the end of the year might be worth the transfer fee for a quality winger. 15 million could land Zhirkov, and could turn into 50 million if he manages to help us win the champions league

Archived