• Ballack
    • Anelka
    • Quaresma
    • Kalou
    • Belletti
    • Drogba
    • Deco

Take your pick.

Quaresma for me - I didn't think he was that great but he was the only one who was taking the game to Hull and actually putting in crosses that were worrying the Hull defence.

Crosses that Drogba may have made himself more of a menace with if they had been on the park at the same time however Scolari, in his 'wisdom' though that would be unfair on Hull so chose not to exploit it.

Now I accept that they could be an argument that Quaresma would have been tired having not played much football and if Scolari had a reputation of making good changes then I would buy that argument. However Scolari has a reputation for not knowing his ar*e from Ray Wilkin's elbow and as such I won't give him the benefit of the doubt - it was a bloody ridiculous swap!

Agree with everything you say, loz. He was easily the liveliest player on the pitch all the time he was on.

When I saw Drogba getting ready to come on, I fancied I saw 13 as the number coming off and I thought : "Good, Ballack has been sh*t tonight, that makes sense." When I realised it was Quaresma coming off, I was quietly unsurprised.

Quaresma. Any chance of this being the first being the first poll for MOTM I've seen that's 100% to one player? It should be..

And Loz, it was Hilario in goal, not Cech!

Oops - fixed

Quaresma is the obvious choice for this I think.

Lampard and Cole looked good too, JT was solid at the back and Kalou had one or two good moments, but the rest of the team were shocking really.

Drogba might of done something more if he had been given more time, and had someone like Quaresma playing balls in from the wings

Archived