090909 Re-release day

Tim W

The Beatles what a subject.

In my childhood my brothers and sisters played the Beatles all the time, but just after the release of Rubber Soul I started to get a taste of my own and started listening to the Who and Small Faces. I still listened over their career, loved the White Album, but Marriot and Townshend were Gods in my eyes, (still are). However, when reading about these remastered releases I thought I would like to own a good recording of the White Album again (my vinyl copy is worn inside out) then I thought Abbey Road would be good and then Sgt Pepper suddenly Revolver was added to the list. This morning I thought it must have been 40 years since I last heard Rubber Soul so I reckon I'll buy all the albums. Not the box set but the individual albums over time. Anyone else going to invest?

I won't be buying them again for financial reasons - just make do with my CDs. I have been enjoying the numerous programmes about the Beatles that have been on BBC3 this week. Still the 2nd greatest band ever after Showaddywaddy.

EMI have been shamelessly milking the Beatles back catalogue for years, decades even. The original albums, even the circa 30 minutes Please Please Me were still being sold at full price when average CD prices were falling. Not to mention the numerous compilations, rereleases, repackaging, box sets and so on.

This latest batch of releases is just another marketing ploy. Nothing more, nothing less.

overrated, second rate monkeys tribute band....

I concur, I've had the pleasure of listening to most of their albums and it's just noise to me, I realise at the time it may have been more about their image and style though. And anyway, Buddy is better.

I concur, I've had the pleasure of listening to most of their albums and it's just noise to me, I realise at the time it may have been more about their image and style though. And anyway, Buddy is better.

The Rolling Stones are better too!

I own most of their catalogue on Vinyl, and a few of their CD's, ut I don't see how remastering can bring stuff out that you don't hear on the original pressings?

I heard some DJ saying that "there is stuff on there that will please the ears of any beatle fan out there, as there is so mch new stuff to hear." Like what? An extra clang of a triangle, or a little rendition on a xylophone...I mean really, how much can there be?

I'll make do with what I have, thanks