***king Keegan

coco

They used to sing his name like no other, they called him King, they even walked in his wonderland, and this is how he repays the club and its fans.

Kevin Keegan has been awarded £2million damages plus interest after winning his case for constructive dismissal against Newcastle.

An independent arbitration panel convened by the Premier League heard the case following a claim from Keegan.spacer.gif

The dispute relates to the circumstances in which the ex-England manager departed St James' Park in 2008.

Keegan left Newcastle after only eight months of his second spell in charge following a row with club owner Mike Ashleyspacer.gif regarding transfer policy.

As a result, Keegan claimed that he not only lost a salary and other benefits which he would otherwise have received amounting to a total of more than £8million.

Keegan also claimed 'stigma damages' on the basis that as a further consequence, he has found it, and will continue to find it, difficult to obtain work as a top-flight manager as a result of which he will lose up to a further £16.5m which could have been earned up to the age of 65.

In a report on the hearing published on the Premier League's official website, Keegan is said to have cited the signing of Uruguayan player Ignacio Gonzalez as the reason for his departure at the beginning of September last year.

The publication states that Keegan was advised by former Magpies executive director (football) Dennis Wise to sign the midfielder after only seeing footage on You Tube.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_5600670,00.html

Yet he's never offered money back to the fans fo the teams that he walked out on!!!

The bloke has gone right down in my estimation.

I've never liked Keegan, going right back to when he first signed for the scousescum. One of the best moments of the 70's for me was seeing the permed prat fall off his bike in "Sporting Superstars", or whatever it was called :)

I've never liked Keegan, going right back to when he first signed for the scousescum. One of the best moments of the 70's for me was seeing the permed prat fall off his bike in "Sporting Superstars", or whatever it was called :D

Took his skin off good and proper didn't it?

Played for Liverpool for six years.

Missed that header against Spain in 82.

Gobbed off abbout being dropped by RObson

I don't think I really need any more reasons to think he is a knob!

I've never liked Keegan, going right back to when he first signed for the scousescum. One of the best moments of the 70's for me was seeing the permed prat fall off his bike in "Sporting Superstars", or whatever it was called :D

Same here. I've hated him since the little sh*t tried a Maradona and punched the ball in on the blindside against us in a league cup match at Southampton years ago. It must be a short arsed, curly habit.

My Mum hates him too, she cant stands the way he pops his tongue out as he talks, always reminds her of a snake. Good old Mum, spot on as usual.

Archived