January transfer rumours and done deals

Moons39

To think you have achieved all of this without a hint of Geezer around :D

I will get the ball rolling. Looks like Harry Droopydog is going to buy Sandro from Internacional. Spuddies are definitely gonna be active as it looks like Pavluychenko is done.

Everton also suspending Jo and bringing Landon Donovan in.

Allegedly Man City are in for Maicon and Ibrahimovic. They'll never get Ibra, as he's the second-highest paid player in the world (I think), he's in the form of his life, and he's playing for the [second] best team in the world in a wonderful climate, but I'd be slightly worried if they got Maicon, who I perceive to be the best right back on the planet. It'll certainly be an upgrade on Micah Richards!

apparently the dippers and spuds are going to exchange pavyluchenko and babel in the transfer of transfer of the flops. As for citeh they may have an outside chance of landing maicon, as i hear he has a deep loyalty to mancini who found him. As for ibra no chance he is leaving barca

apparently the dippers and spuds are going to exchange pavyluchenko and babel in the transfer of transfer of the flops.

Pavlyuchenko a flop? Yes. Babel? I'm not so sure. Rafa's just never used him, and for me whenever he's come on as a sub (what he usually does) he always has an impact, which probably says thousands about the Liverpool side. Liverpool have missed a trick if they let Babel go.

I actually thought of the idea of trying to get Pavluychenko on the off chance that he would now hate Spuds so much he would play like a superman for us to show Redknapp who's boss. But then, as Loz points out, I remembered he isnt very good. Still, that was the verdict on bent at Spurs, and with a change of scenery he has blossomed.

P.S. Geezer's new avatar makes me think he is Gem, for some reason

The sun claims that Liverpool are on the verge of brining in Van Ristelrooy and Van Der Vaart

I would really like VDV at chelsea, think he is a fantastic player and would be brilliant at that dam tip of the diamond

agree sals.... already thought about him aswell.

diego would be a possibility too because Juve is not happy about his performances so far...

I don't think Diego's suited to Juve or Serie A. Considering the type of cavalier, English-style counterattacking football Werder Bremen played, I think he'd be a wonderful addition to the diamond.

van der Vaart would be a great short-term signing but i believe his time at the top level of football is limited. van der Vaart actually has no natural cartilage in his knees and any injury to them is very serious, possibly career threatening.

van der Vaart would be a great short-term signing but i believe his time at the top level of football is limited. van der Vaart actually has no natural cartilage in his knees and any injury to them is very serious, possibly career threatening.

Frank Sinclair didn't have anything 'natural' between his ears, but it didn't stop him playing :D

I dont believe that for a second. Van Nistelrooy maybe, I could see him going to Liverpool just to show up old man rednose. Id say its unlikely because he seems to have an affinity for his old club

But for van der Vaart to stay in Madrid during the summer for his wife's health, make a decent impact behind Kaka, and then leave in January for a sinking ship of a club playing in the Europa league makes NO sense at all. With the way Kaka has struggled to make an impact in Madrid, I could see van der Vaart taking a much bigger role in the second half of the season

Archived