Chelsea v Stoke (PL) 28th Aug 2010 15:00 BST

loz
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Stoke haven't had the best of starts to the season although were clearly robbed against Spurs by a terrible refereeing decision and should gave got a point out of the game. Jones will be back for them and will play up front alongside Fuller.

We should see the same eleven that started against Wigan with Ramires likely to take a place on the bench.

Ivanovic and Lampard were below their expected level against Wigan; however, I doubt we'll not see Lampard start.

I wonder if we'll see Ivan start, or Paulo. I felt Paulo was good when he came on, so could get the nod. However, wasn't Ivan recovering from a stomach virus? If so, then he should be fully recovered and would start.

Scott

I can't see Paulo starting. Ivan is clearly the first choice right back just now and, for me, his performance yesterday was purely down to being a little short of match fitness. The best thing to correct that is playing time.

The way the team is playing at moment, I hope they play every day. Stoke is not a fancy team, but they can defend and will trouble us with their height and javellion throw. I'm not betting on another 6 goals or Drogba hat trick, I'm happy for a modest 3:0. No point playing the youth just for the sake of it, we got a good thing going, apart from Lampard and the right back, I would say everyone have done themselves proud so far.

I can't see Paulo starting. Ivan is clearly the first choice right back just now and, for me, his performance yesterday was purely down to being a little short of match fitness. The best thing to correct that is playing time.

And what about Bosingwa?

I think both Frank and Ivanovic were doubtful for the Wigan game and their lack of fitness showed. Assuming we have Ramires available, it might make sense to keep Frank on the bench unless he is fully fit.

Otherwise I'd expect us to stick with a winning formula.

Stoke will be physical as we saw against Spurs but hopefully Alex and JT will be able to cope. A repeat of the last match against them at the Bridge would be most acceptable.

Saturday, 3pm KO. *faints*

3 points Chelsea, please.

Is it really a 3pm start? Im confused now, are we allowed to play at that time? I thought there was some new rule against it.

Yep, and surprisingly Man Utd get to watch everyone again! :D

I don't know if I'm one of small group but i prefer playing before our rivals because if you win it puts more pressure on them to win. The teams playing later in the weekend are always playing catch up all bit by a couple of hours or days.

I don't know if I'm one of small group but i prefer playing before our rivals because if you win it puts more pressure on them to win. The teams playing later in the weekend are always playing catch up all bit by a couple of hours or days.

Agreed. We also seem unable to exploit our rivals missteps. When they lose points, we rarely take three points.

Yep, and surprisingly Man Utd get to watch everyone again! :D

Indeed. In fact should it all go to plan for us (Chelsea) on Saturday we could be five points clear by the time they (Man U) play West Ham in the evening.

Edited by The Machine