Napoli Ace Marek Hamsik In €40 Million Chelsea Link

amART

Chelsea looking at Napoli's Hamsik and could make summer swoop...

Chelsea are in no mood to curtail spending as they prepare a €40 million raid for Napoli star Marek Hamsik.

Despite UEFA calls for a crackdown on spending, the west London club are ready to pick up further costs by landing Hamsik in June.

Calcionews24.com reports the 23-year-old Slovakian international is being followed by Carlo Ancelotti who is working alongside Roman Abramovich in designing a €40m bid.

However, back in September Hamsik signed a three year extension to his 2012 deal, taking him to 2015 - a sign of his committment to the club who signed him from Brescia in 2007.

Azzurri chief Aurelio De Laurentiis has also reiterated his stance Hamsik is not for sale despite further interest from Manchester United and Inter.

LINK

Ha ha ha. :laugh2:

I have seen Marek Hamsik in action for Napoli and Slovakia on a number of occasions over the past couple of seasons.

The 23 year old has been most impressive. He is a creative attacking midfielder and a goal scoring threat.

I'd be more than happy to sign him but 40 million quid is a ridiculous asking price.

I have only seen him a handful of times and must say, he never really stood out for me.

As for the article, prepare for every rag out there to link us to every name in football between now and the end of August.

The splash on Torres and Luiz was like a birthday gift for tabloids, they started to get desperate when Roman cut down on spending over the last few years. Now the hysteria is back.

I have only seen him a handful of times and must say, he never really stood out for me.

As for the article, prepare for every rag out there to link us to every name in football between now and the end of August.

The splash on Torres and Luiz was like a birthday gift for tabloids, they started to get desperate when Roman cut down on spending over the last few years. Now the hysteria is back.

He did not impress at the World Cup, but that was only 3 games. I really have not seen him play beyond those 3 games, and he looked very pedestrian then. He is the guy with the spiked hair, right?

Edited by Phillip

Your exactly right Abramovich, if the tabloids were bad before now. My God every player who is refusing to sign a new deal or is unhappy with something it will say at the finish of the article: 'Chelsea are said to be interested and will offer 280m for the player in the summer.'

Hamsik is a great player, but he isn't worth what they are quoting him as being worth.

Your exactly right Abramovich, if the tabloids were bad before now. My God every player who is refusing to sign a new deal or is unhappy with something it will say at the finish of the article: 'Chelsea are said to be interested and will offer 280m for the player in the summer.'

Hamsik is a great player, but he isn't worth what they are quoting him as being worth.

Good players will cost us money. With the prices being thrown around these days, Napoli will be stupid to sell Hamsik for under 30mil

Great player,unfortunately folks, afteruncle Roman getting the cheque book out, we'll be linked with everyone and their brothers for months to come, and all at inflated prices.

hamsik is a great player at Napoli,as is Hazard at Lille, but I guarantee we'll be linked with both well above their pay grade afterjust spending 70+ million on two players

Edited by mad_mac

€40m is "only" £33,7m.

It's alot of money, but if Torres cost £50m and Carroll £35m (or more) then I don't see why Hamsik would go for less than £30m.

He's young and already a really good player. And he's one of the most important players for Napoli, so they won't let him go easily.

If we want a replacement for Lampard who can play for many years to come then Hamsik is one of the best alternatives.

Whenever I have seen him (and for not that often considering I don't subscribe to ESPN) i've not seen what the big fuss is. The player in Italian football who most reminds me of Lampard is Monterlivo at Fiorentina, but i've not seen his form this season.

Agreed. Pastore has a lot more potential, and 11 years younger than Frank. Imagine that :shok:

Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini has revealed that the club have upped the release clause in Javier Pastore's contract to €100 million.

imagine this :shok:

Last year he score 17 goals. He is maybe only player who can replace Lampard.

would none of our reserves fill Lamps position ,(clifford, mellis, cork etc etc) or are gonna keep buying and just ignore the expensive academy that we have--------------great encouragement for these younger guys then to get out now and ply their trade at other clubs !!

Roman will not be spending much come the summer--( tho some here are convinced a winger or right back urgently needed -- needed but how urgent) but may insist the younger guys are given more of a chance-----

I think this a prob a major reason torres come----chelsea with better squad and alot of young talent in the team , currently challenging for honours, and an academy set up that CAN and will in the future supply players that will match his ambitions and win things....

De Maggio, "Hamsik to Chelsea for 30 million"

dd42a9b8e46c8efd9148085fa0df72d1-75299-e4fabacd4c3ebdd847728d82b153dcc4.jpeg

During transmission Goal Show , broadcast on Channel 9, the journalist Walter De Maggio has released an astonishing indiscretion. Here is what has been shown by all of Naples: " This, Marek Hamsik, should be the last season in blue. Napoli I gave him to Chelsea for 30 million euro . " According to De Maggio, then most of the money will come from the sale of the Slovak midfielder will be immediately reinvested, " should come Bojan Krkic of Barcelona . "

LINK

Blatant indiscretion market launched by journalist Walter De Radio Goal May during transmission Goal Show on Channel 9. Here is what appears to be AreaNapoli.it: "Napoli apparently have already given Marek Hamsik to Chelsea for 30 million. Instead of the Slovak midfielder the club should hire blue Bojan Krkic of Barcelona."

Link

The first to deny the bombshell was the RAI journalist and expert on transfers, Ciro Venerable, who said: "rumors, talk about a purchase already made by Chelsea at home Naples, the suspect would Hamsik, but I assure you that there is nothing concrete, if not the interest from the London club for the player. The Manchester City have sent emissaries to see the boy, nothing more. "

Link

Horsesh*t

Edited by footballoholic

Pastore isn't a box to box player like hamsik and lampard though but he would be a fantastic signing to play off the strikers. Not for 100m though!

Neither Hamsik nor Lampard are box to box midfielders but I think I get what you're saying. Pastore is a much more attack-minded player than Hamsik and Lampard.

Sooner or later we have to replace Lampard, this guy looks like a good candidate.

I dont think we can replace Lampard and I think we would be wrong to try too hard. If we put too much time and energy in trying to get a like for like replacement then it would be a mistake. If we have a system then go out and try and find one to suit, if we are gonna change the system then again, go out and find one to suit.

• 3 weeks later...
Chelsea have stepped up their interest in Napoli playmaker Marek Hamsik.

Scouts from the west London club were in the stands for AC Milan's 3-0 win overthe 23-year-old's side, in which he played the full 90 minutes but could not avoid defeat.

Manchester United and Barcelona are also monitoring the midfielder's form in Serie A but it is only Carlo Ancelotti's team that have made contact with the players' representatives, according to reports in the Italian press.

Napoli are not actively trying to sell the Slovakian but will listen to any offers they deem to be close to or above their valuation.

LINK

Edited by amART

• 1 year later...

Back in for hamsik again apparently. Not sure if we need him in the 3 behind the striker, which is his best position, however he can play in the pivot and is a quality player.

justchelsea.com/chelsea-to-test-napoli-resolve-to-keep-dynamic-midfield-star/5203