Random Rumours

Money
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I read this morning that AVB will wait till we get back from the Asia tour to decide who needs to go and where we need to improve the squad.

I hope so mate,i dont know why i feel so negative,i havent felt like this before.

I have the same feeling. I keep thinking its going to be another Robinhio situation where we chase someone all summer and then fluff it up at the end. I honestly dont think the current squad is up for the challenge next season. We need a few new faces imo.

I have the same feeling. I keep thinking its going to be another Robinhio situation where we chase someone all summer and then fluff it up at the end. I honestly dont think the current squad is up for the challenge next season. We need a few new faces imo.

Your right,we have some promising youngsters but it's still to soon to throw them in,we need to

reduce the age of the team with a few quality players and to bring the kids up slowely.

New York Red Bulls and LA Galaxy are hoping to convince Chelsea to let Nicolas Anelka leave on a free transfer even though he has one year remaining on his contract, according to the London Evening Standard.

Not sure about this really. We could still get around £5m for him from the likes of PSG so to just write that of is odd. On the other hand it removes quite a lot of wages and frees up space for Studge or another striker.

Another one, I have no idea whether he is any good or not though. Perhaps our German friends could fill us in.

Leverkusen confirm talks with Juventus. Asked about Chelsea, their general manager said: 'No comment, some teams don't want to see their name linked'.

I've just read everton's fellaini is being lined up with a 18 million offer,anyone heard of this.

Replacement for Essien I guess, would be quite happy with his signing. Very powerful player, and seems to have sorted his fouling out last season.

Chelsea will be over run with wigs then,him and luiz

:laugh2: our overall team speed will slow considerably in wet weather...

By the way, where you heard this from?

Edited by dkw

Found this on an Everton forum:

Chelsea are ready to test Evertons resolve to hang on to Marouane Fellaini with a £15m bid amid speculation that the midfielder is considering his Goodison Park future.

The 23-year-old Belgium international has grown frustrated with Evertons failure to win trophies since he joined from Standard Liege in August 2008. The Toffees finished seventh in the Premier League last season 14 points behind the coveted fourth-place Champions League spot.

Fellaini is planning to hold talks with Everton manager David Moyes regarding the clubs ambitions, with last years Premiership runners up believed to be monitoring the situation closely. New Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas is eyeing a replacement for the injured Michael Essien, who has been ruled out for 6 months with cruciate ligament damage.

The West London club are prepared to submit an initial offer of £15m the same amount Everton paid for the player three years agobut Moyes will demand an offer in excess of £20m for his influential star, who still has two years left on his Goodison Park deal.

Moyes harbours hope that Fellaini will sign a contract extension; however the Belgian is adamant he will only stay if the Merseysiders prove they can compete with England's biggest clubs. Evertons lack of transfer funds has contributed towards the clubs lack of progress in recent seasons, with the club suffering increasing debts. The Everton board may even risk the wrath of Moyes by opting to cash in on Fellaini to ease financial straits

However, their source is fanatix.com a site which I know absolutely nothing about.

Not linked to us outright, but Valencia has backtracked on what they said a couple weeks ago regarding Mata. Originally said he would not be leaving this summer, now they seem resigned to losing him. I wonder (and kinda hope!) if AVB will see him as someone with pursuing.