Any game recommendation?

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Legion is a boss.

f**k Tali. (literally).

My instincts are to side with Legion, but it's a tough decision.

The obvious thing is that the Quarians are living people and the Geth are only machines, but they have achieved intelligence and self awareness, so are they any different really? The Geth make their decisions based on calculations within their hardware and software, which can be overwritten by Reapers, but organics are just as constrained by the chemical makeup of their brains/bodies as the Geth are by their programming, and can still be easily indoctrinated. They aren't really all that different. Is killing one any better than killing the other?

Why not? Why make the same choices on all your playthroughs? I was damn bored of Ash anyway.

Because he's boring. There's no real reason to save him apart from just for the sake of seeing a different scene/outcome, which is fair enough I suppose.

Everyone in the game has certain things about them that makes them stand out, even Jacob, and then there's Kaidan who's just there. If he was a companion you met along the way people would forget about him the moment he joins, it's only cause he's there at the start that most people will be tempted to keep him. 

I read somewhere that you can achieve peace between them, but no idea how.,

Only works with an imported save as decisions in ME2 count toward it. Tali has to be exonerated (which is not true if you start a new character in ME3), the Tali/Legion conflicts solved with Paragon or Renegade option, plus both of them alive. Destroying the heretics also helps but it's not a must (rewriting the geth means more geth and less quarian war assets).

In ME3 you have to complete all missions on Rannoch: killing the geth at the fighter base and saving the admiral (not his men).

Because he's boring. There's no real reason to save him apart from just for the sake of seeing a different scene/outcome, which is fair enough I suppose.

Everyone in the game has certain things about them that makes them stand out, even Jacob, and then there's Kaidan who's just there. If he was a companion you met along the way people would forget about him the moment he joins, it's only cause he's there at the start that most people will be tempted to keep him. 

Define boring. Then consider that one man's boredom is another man's awesomeness.

Yes, Kaidan is not a very interesting character, but neither is Ash. Kaidan gives a lot of background on the universe too (earlier human forays to the world of biotics) and he's quite possibly the most powerful L2 biotic alive. I also liked the fact that by ME3 he had his own background network of young biotics who were trained by him.

There's not much that separates the two for me, both can be annoying at times. I rarely used Ash and only used Kaidan with my Vanguard because their skillsets make a great combo.

Edited by undertow

Finished the series again now.

Key decisions/events:

ME1

- Earth born, sole survivor

- Kaiden died

- Did not shoot Wrex

- Saved Council

- Anderson recommended for council

- Spared Rachni queen

- Romanced Ashley

ME2

- Saved Maelon's data

- Got Tali cleared of charges

- Everyone survived suicide mission

- Romanced Jack

- Blew up the collector base/human reaper

- Re-wrote the heretic Geth

- Saved David from Overlord project and sent to Grisham academy

ME3

- Spared Rachni queen again

- Cured the genophage

- Mordin died

- Thane died

- Miranda died

- Achieved peace between Quarians and Geth

- Legion died

- Didn't romance anyone. Wanted to continue romance with Jack, told her wanted to stay together, but nothing more happened.

- Chose Synthesis ending - Control was never an option. Nearly chose Destruction, but would lead to more war in the end. Chose the only solution I could see that would achieve peace and stop all the killing.

Edited by Zeta Orionis

The only ending I can stomach is destruction. It seems to me that synthesis is the plan of the Catalyst which he tries to sell and I did not trust that creepy AI for a second. All organic beings partly become machines? There's something sinister in that...

The only ending I can stomach is destruction. It seems to me that synthesis is the plan of the Catalyst which he tries to sell and I did not trust that creepy AI for a second. All organic beings partly become machines? There's something sinister in that...

True, but I tried yo put myself in the position of Shepard, rather than as the player controlling him. In which case:

Control - No way. This is what the Illusive man wanted and it just seems wrong. Plus what happens if we lose control at some point? We're right back where we started.

Destroy - In reality I probably would have gone for this had I been in that situation, as it's the only solution you can be sure the Reapers will die and leave you alone, but as the Starchild points out, there will be more wars with synthetics in the future, more Geth-like events and more death, so it's a short term solution really.

Synthesis - The only way I could see that you have peace, with no more wars between them particularly likely. True the Starchild could have been lying, but if so, why wouldn't he lie about what happens if you try to Destroy them or Control them? So you just have to take his word for it.

Reject - Pointless.

i hope theres some way for game info to be carried over to the new ME for the xbox one, I would hate to see all those decisions have no impact.

ME4 is a totally different story though isn't it? I don't think they are doing anything to do with the previous events.

ME4 is a totally different story though isn't it? I don't think they are doing anything to do with the previous events.

Didn't know that, same universe though right?

True, but I tried yo put myself in the position of Shepard, rather than as the player controlling him. In which case:

Control - No way. This is what the Illusive man wanted and it just seems wrong. Plus what happens if we lose control at some point? We're right back where we started.

Destroy - In reality I probably would have gone for this had I been in that situation, as it's the only solution you can be sure the Reapers will die and leave you alone, but as the Starchild points out, there will be more wars with synthetics in the future, more Geth-like events and more death, so it's a short term solution really.

Synthesis - The only way I could see that you have peace, with no more wars between them particularly likely. True the Starchild could have been lying, but if so, why wouldn't he lie about what happens if you try to Destroy them or Control them? So you just have to take his word for it.

Reject - Pointless.

It's way more subtle than that. Just think about it, synthesis is basically what it was doing when it created the Reapers, the very thing Shepard was trying stop. There's no way I would take its word on anything, let alone let it turn all organics into some advanced husks. The Geth conflict was solved peacefully in the end, why should I assume the same resolution cannot be reached should the issue rise again? Whatever the galaxy throws at them humans will endure, like rats and cockroaches ;)

Edited by undertow

It's way more subtle than that. Just think about it, synthesis is basically what it was doing when it created the Reapers, the very thing Shepard was trying stop. There's no way I would take its word on anything, let alone let it turn all organics into some advanced husks. The Geth conflict was solved peacefully in the end, why should I assume the same resolution cannot be reached should the issue rise again? Whatever the galaxy throws at them humans will endure, like rats and cockroaches ;)

Well you can't exactly sit down and talk with the Reapers, they have no interest in negotiating, they are just doing what they were created to do. 

I don't think synthesis is what the reapers were created for, it's quite different from their "goal".

Thing is, if you don't take the starchild's word for it, you can't trust any of the solutions. The Destroy could be a lie and do something totally different like destroy the Crucible. You just have to assume that it's telling the truth. Obviously where it a real situation it would be much more difficult, but that's the way I saw it.