Juliano Belleti Retires

Brayerz

Former Chelsea defender Juliano Belletti, 34, has retired from football due to an achilles tendon injury.

The 34-year-old, who won the double at Stamford Bridge, had been at Fluminense in his native Brazil and had agreed to join Ceara.

He scored only once in 102 appearances for Barcelona before moving to London, the winner in the 2006 Champions League final against Arsenal.

Link

Shame to see him forced into retirement, i liked him in the time he was with us. Very likeable player and he had one hell of a shot on him.

Edited by Brayerz

Belletti was always a personal favourite of mine and I am very sorry to see him leave. He was one of the best players in the world on his day (although maybe not by the time he came here), and he gave us loads of great memories, not least:

I love from 34 seconds, the 3 defenders think 'sh*t he is going to have a pop at goal'

Whos is the Scouser in the clip commentating, basically saying that it was poor goalkeeping? It's like Drogba's goal from long range against Everton, I remember some idiots saying that was down to him being allowed too much space and this poor defending