Spoiled Fans

sufi

I can’t take it any more !

First of all I must say that this topic refer just to those spoiled fans and not to those old school football loving fans. Somehow I feel like there is plenty of those fans which came after big money! They don’t know to enjoy in football and support club but they are more like Paris Hilton in shopping!

Always when something bad happened to Chelsea so called fans are looking for someone execution. One day some player is the best and other he’s the worst. Immediately they start to evoke for new signings or someone’s release or replacement. Buy this, buy that, crying for past times… WTF ?! Just like spoiled child of some rich father!

THIS IS NOT SUPPORTING OF CLUB ! You don’t believe in your club!

Fu** them ! They don’t know that you can’t buy success, but you have to fight for it and build it.

We have one of the best squads in the world! Only Barcelona and Real Madrid have better squads. Chelsea is in rank with Inter, Milan, Man. City, Bayern, Man. Utd. We have new young manager who have to adopt to new football philosophy and learn to work with this kind of pressure. Big club, big expecting, big money…

Is it not enough of media and other enemies making pressure on Chelsea? AVB was brought and he’s paid to lead Chelsea and we (supporters) have to believe in him and our players.

OK, everyone loves to win, but only the strongest knows to handle with lose and raise even stronger from it.

Now Chelsea encounters with many difficulties like lose of form and some others difficulties (which I don’t want to mention). And don’t forget that in 3 out of 10 first league games we had bad referee decisions (ManU score 2 goals from offside, penalty and red card against QPR and against Arsenal ref didn't gave red to Arsenal goalkeeper).

And then I hear something like, “buy this†or “buy thatâ€, and “go away†from those spoiled fans and it makes me mad, very very mad.

We, others, have to show them how to be a real supporter or tell them to start supporting some other club. We need winning mentality and not some sissy weeping good for nothing fans !

COME ON CHELSEA! COME ON CHELSEA! COME ON CHELSEA!

I think someone needs to take a chill pill! I have been a chelsea supporter since the 90's and back then i knew Chelsea fans who moaned a lot about this and that. The main difference between now and then was expectation. The club has grown and the expectation is a lot higher. We have been very spoilt over the last 6/7 years with world class players coming in and winning league titles and cups. Back when i started supporting the blue there wasnt that much expectation so when we did win the odd cup it ment the world to us. Now the club say they expect the team to win something each season and they have build a team to win things, you cant blame some of the newbies being brainwashed by the likes of Buck into thinking we are unstoppable.

Also todays media is different, we hear alot more rumours about players coming and going so fans now talk more about who they would like to come in. Lets face it who wouldnt want to be in charge of bringing in players for Chelsea, what a great job that would be!

I think someone needs to take a chill pill! I have been a chelsea supporter since the 90's and back then i knew Chelsea fans who moaned a lot about this and that. The main difference between now and then was expectation. The club has grown and the expectation is a lot higher. We have been very spoilt over the last 6/7 years with world class players coming in and winning league titles and cups. Back when i started supporting the blue there wasnt that much expectation so when we did win the odd cup it ment the world to us. Now the club say they expect the team to win something each season and they have build a team to win things, you cant blame some of the newbies being brainwashed by the likes of Buck into thinking we are unstoppable.

Also todays media is different, we hear alot more rumours about players coming and going so fans now talk more about who they would like to come in. Lets face it who wouldnt want to be in charge of bringing in players for Chelsea, what a great job that would be!

I disagree with you.

First I said that I understand what (now) fans expect from Chelsea and that Chelsea is top class club now, but I was talking about those fans who don’t understand whole philosophy of football and managing a club especially in transition period!

Second, you think buying players is dream job?! Come one. That is exactly what I was talking about. Now everyone think they know what is best for club. It’s managers (and scout) job, exclusively to buy players. Manager / club first have to have idea of game they want to play, tactic and mental compatibility of future players and not (just) to satisfy fans needs or wishes.

Here’s one example.

Few years ago son of Inters president was in charge of buying players. He was buying them by his taste, or what was media talking about them or even if Milan want some player Inter buy him just so Milan can’t have him. Inter was full of good world class players but didn’t won any trophy or just one or two (between 1999 and 2005) because manager wasn’t buying players for his game and players was incompatible!

Why persist in using generalisations?

If you've got something to say, put it where it belongs, to the kind of fan who's already bawling that "AVB should go" and has been screaming Frank Lampard is rubbish" for some time. There's one very, very good example of this type of so-called fan on this very forum. Thankfully he doesn't post all that often. Even so, he's not difficult to spot.

You make some valid points, but you do need to settle down a little bit. Yes, a fan should support the team no matter what, but every fan has a right to an opinion and you don't have the right to jump all over them and tell them to f**k off. Expectations have changed here. This club should challenge for a title every year. Yes, we are in a transition period, but you can't tell me that this team doesn't have the players to challenge for a title. The so called "bad periods" are frustrating. Some fans deal with them in different ways. And saying money doesn't buy you success is somewhat wrong also. These teams you mentioned, "Real, Barca, Chelsea, Utd, City" etc are the some of the richest in the world. You do need more than money, but it doesn't hurt.

I can admit that I myself have overreacted in situations with indvidual players, but that doesn't mean that I don't love the club. Certain things bother certain people. I overreacted when Drogba got the red, because I can't stand stupid play/decisions. I thought his action was irresponsible and somebody thinking about the team wouldn't do that. I want this club to win everything every year. Now I know that's impossible, but I think a true fan wants the best for their team. We are in a transition, and I love AVB so far, but I still think this team can win right now. Thats why it frustrates me when we play like we did yesterday. I still love this club, and if I were you wouldn't go around acting like the "true fan police."

First of all I must say that this topic refer just to those spoiled fans and not to those old school football loving fans. Somehow I feel like there is plenty of those fans which came after big money! They don’t know to enjoy in football and support club but they are more like Paris Hilton in shopping!

Always when something bad happened to Chelsea so called fans are looking for someone execution. One day some player is the best and other he’s the worst. Immediately they start to evoke for new signings or someone’s release or replacement. Buy this, buy that, crying for past times… WTF ?! Just like spoiled child of some rich father!

Fu** them ! They don’t know that you can’t buy success, but you have to fight for it and build it.

We have one of the best squads in the world! Only Barcelona and Real Madrid have better squads. Chelsea is in rank with Inter, Milan, Man. City, Bayern, Man. Utd. We have new young manager who have to adopt to new football philosophy and learn to work with this kind of pressure. Big club, big expecting, big money…

Is it not enough of media and other enemies making pressure on Chelsea? AVB was brought and he’s paid to lead Chelsea and we (supporters) have to believe in him and our players.

OK, everyone loves to win, but only the strongest knows to handle with lose and raise even stronger from it.

Now Chelsea encounters with many difficulties like lose of form and some others difficulties (which I don’t want to mention). And don’t forget that in 3 out of 10 first league games we had bad referee decisions (ManU score 2 goals from offside, penalty and red card against QPR and against Arsenal ref didn't gave red to Arsenal goalkeeper).

And then I hear something like, “buy this†or “buy thatâ€, and “go away†from those spoiled fans and it makes me mad, very very mad.

We, others, have to show them how to be a real supporter or tell them to start supporting some other club. We need winning mentality and not some sissy weeping good for nothing fans !

This forum is both a chance for supporters to complain and praise the team. Right now there is little positives that I can pick out in the team. In my opinion Mata is the only member of the squad who is playing very well. Lamps, JT, Ash, Ivanovic and Ramires have been consistent but the rest of team hasn't performed to its potential. In regards to people having a winning mentality, how does that have anything to do with people complaining? Im not defending the ones who always seem to put a negative spin on things but people are entitled to express their frustration. In regard to people on the forum saying 'buy this and buy that' it is evident that we do need to buy players in the January transfer window. We need a class winger, and a RB as those are the weakest areas of the pitch. Where are you from may I ask Sufi?

Mate go on any message board of any club in the country and you will see all of the above and then some ? Tune out the dross and don't let it get to ya !

The problem is that the younger generation of fans (and to some extent I include myself in that) as well as the general masses who have started following Chelsea recently since Abramovich came in aren't used to Chelsea not being in the Champions League, let alone not being in Europe, let even further alone not being in the top division or in fact fighting relegation in the second division. As a result they're simply not used to not having literally everything (domestically at least) go our way, which is the way it sometimes felt during Mourinho's reign.

To be honest it's not like I've been around for the nadir of Chelsea's performances myself. While we may not have been competing for the title in my early years as a fan we were still flirting with Europe and embarking on some outrageous cup runs. My point is that I've been around long enough to know that not finishing in the top two or getting to the Champions League semis isn't the end of the world, but say we suddenly dropped out of the top half or even worse got relegated, I'd be absolutely horrified and appalled as it's far below the bottom end of what I've ever experienced as a football fan, just as someone who's only been around since 2003 wouldn't know what finishing in positions as lofty as 4th or 5th feels like, and wouldn't know what it feels like not to be on par with the best sides in Europe.

Thus some of the talk from said outraged young fans, or indeed just older fans who have adjusted their expectations in light of the last decade's developments seems like ungrateful knee-jerk rubbish in the eyes of the rest of the fans who have seen far worse Chelsea sides line up than the squad we have at the moment. It's all relative.

You make some valid points, but you do need to settle down a little bit. Yes, a fan should support the team no matter what, but every fan has a right to an opinion and you don't have the right to jump all over them and tell them to f**k off. Expectations have changed here. This club should challenge for a title every year. Yes, we are in a transition period, but you can't tell me that this team doesn't have the players to challenge for a title. The so called "bad periods" are frustrating. Some fans deal with them in different ways. And saying money doesn't buy you success is somewhat wrong also. These teams you mentioned, "Real, Barca, Chelsea, Utd, City" etc are the some of the richest in the world. You do need more than money, but it doesn't hurt.

I can admit that I myself have overreacted in situations with indvidual players, but that doesn't mean that I don't love the club. Certain things bother certain people. I overreacted when Drogba got the red, because I can't stand stupid play/decisions. I thought his action was irresponsible and somebody thinking about the team wouldn't do that. I want this club to win everything every year. Now I know that's impossible, but I think a true fan wants the best for their team. We are in a transition, and I love AVB so far, but I still think this team can win right now. Thats why it frustrates me when we play like we did yesterday. I still love this club, and if I were you wouldn't go around acting like the "true fan police."

Well said!

I'm just happy when we are competitive. Boneheaded plays irritate the heck out of me but we're in contention for remaining near the top of PL and we're competing in UEFA. When the team can manage feats like that it makes me happy.

Apart from the fa cup n cup winners cup...A couple of finals...For 30 odd years us old fans saw f**k all in major silverware, yet week after week we would attend everywhere...WE HAD GREAT FUN>>WE HAd great comradiary, and were well happy roaming the country just to watch and cheer and be privalaged to be part of the Blue family...With the start of the success (as someone has said) too many have become over expectant and understandably too used to the fragrance called success..(me included)...A strange and selfish point of view of mine is i know what eras i would prefer to be attending footy..

Apart from the fa cup n cup winners cup...A couple of finals...For 30 odd years us old fans saw f**k all in major silverware, yet week after week we would attend everywhere...WE HAD GREAT FUN>>WE HAd great comradiary, and were well happy roaming the country just to watch and cheer and be privalaged to be part of the Blue family...With the start of the success (as someone has said) too many have become over expectant and understandably too used to the fragrance called success..(me included)...A strange and selfish point of view of mine is i know what eras i would prefer to be attending footy..

And we also supported the players when losing and in need of backing, not abuse and boo`s. It does my head in how a player can go from a star to utter sh*te in the space of 3 games, a manager can be our great white hope one week then the next Scolari the next after a couple of iffy results etc. The lack of patience in fans now (and they are fans, not supporters) is embarrassing.

Whilst I don't disagree that the attitude of fans is notably different post 2003, mainly as expectation has risen and fans with memories of leaner times have decreased (in attending games at least), I do think that it has to be acknowledged that we were not perfect in the past. Although expectation was lower, it did exist in relative amounts. I recall a game at Everton in the 90's where our following were not at all happy and there was a fair bit of booing and good numbers left comfortably before the final whistle. And this is all a while ago now and I'm not getting any younger so maybe my memory isn't perfect but I also seem to remember a few players here and there getting some stick. Tony Cascarino was one and Alan Dickens was another that spring to mind.

Having said that, we reacted very well at Forest after that 7-0 thrashing (Singing "Always Look on the Brightside of Life" was all the rage back then).

Fan over-reaction is in my opinion, a sign of a true fan letting emotions dictate their thoughts. That is why we come here to the Shed and spout off because it makes us feel better...at least it makes me feel better. Sometimes I am told I am wrong, but its from another Blues fan...so thats cool.